Outdoor 3 x Early Top Tao (Photo, Reg) - Maria's Early Spring Games

20170301_194337.jpg
20170301_194459.jpg
In my limited experience, for photos, 4 wks veg can still lead to a nice plant
i agree.especially 4wks in water.im giving the one in trash can 12 wks in throwing 2k hps over it.i usualy get 800g <1000hps off a 8wk veg of that strain.

I can taste the scorpions from here!! :D

Looking good! Yeah for such a short veg time I would personally avoid any slight setbacks like topping...I top all of my plants at 4 true nodes(removing the lowest set of branches that come from the single leaf), and I tie my trunk vertically and results are staggering, but like I said I have a much longer veg period.
A local friend I showed different ways to grow, decided to experiment and not to top a plant this year(DNA Lemon skunk) and "tower" grew to a massive 16feet tall....but in the end it broke in half in a heavy windstorm, and had severe root stress from the heavy sway. Not really something you need to worry about I don't think though with the short veg period. Anchor branches to bamboo or hardwood stakes and I think you will be fine.

View attachment 709581 View attachment 709582 i agree.especially 4wks in water.im giving the one in trash can 12 wks in throwing 2k hps over it.i usualy get 800g <1000hps off a 8wk veg of that strain.

Oh, hombre, if only I had the resources here!!!
Luuuuuuvvvvvvvvv that trash can!

Trash can-nabis!

You're rockin' it, bro!
I did some DWC many years ago after my first indoor soil grow.
It's fuckin' awesome fun, but my lifestyle wasn't ideal, and in hydro, things can get out of balance fast and be damaging. I'm more a lazy indoor organic grower, haha.

Last edited:
I can taste the scorpions from here!! :D

Looking good! Yeah for such a short veg time I would personally avoid any slight setbacks like topping...I top all of my plants at 4 true nodes(removing the lowest set of branches that come from the single leaf), and I tie my trunk vertically and results are staggering, but like I said I have a much longer veg period.
A local friend I showed different ways to grow, decided to experiment and not to top a plant this year(DNA Lemon skunk) and "tower" grew to a massive 16feet tall....but in the end it broke in half in a heavy windstorm, and had severe root stress from the heavy sway. Not really something you need to worry about I don't think though with the short veg period. Anchor branches to bamboo or hardwood stakes and I think you will be fine.

Sounds legit.

There's not much info around for this Early Top Tao (or any Top Tao) strain.
Just some stuff on en.seedfinder.eu which said it branches well, fairly easy to grow, doesn't need much work.
So, another reason for maybe some LST / HST would be to keep it low and stocky, rather than too high.

Similar situation with the Mandala Safari strains.
There is good info on Mandala seeds, but the Safari are various experimental hybrids.
Some more indica, some hybrids, some more sativa, so hard to plan for how they'll grow.

Sh!t. 16' tall. If it didn't get knocked down, that's not ozs but how many lbs you going to pull of that sweetheart?!

Sorry I meant last year my friend had "tower". He doesn't weigh his herb so no idea...my guess is much less than I yield from my trained beasts. Hmm I think he said 6 jars, so probably a pound or so.

Not sure about the indoor peppers...we grow many peppers in the summer, but its work free growing with a small handful of bonemeal and a good shovel full of well rotted horse manure.

You talked me into it lol I will be dropping my congo from ace seeds . Sativa sweetness .

"carpe diem"

Cool. Congo. I have a number of good friends from all over Africa, esp some rasta boys from Malawi and South Africa.
Have thought about asking them to send me some local, esp the legendary Malawi.
But then I wonder if breeders like Ace or Tropical may have already done nice IBL strains that would be better than local African bag seed.

I'm going to look up Ace Congo now........ :p

Sorry I meant last year my friend had "tower". He doesn't weigh his herb so no idea...my guess is much less than I yield from my trained beasts. Hmm I think he said 6 jars, so probably a pound or so.

Not sure about the indoor peppers...we grow many peppers in the summer, but its work free growing with a small handful of bonemeal and a good shovel full of well rotted horse manure.

I have a place where I can put them outside, but I think after the winter outside they started to flower, so I want to keep the light strong on them.
They really are still tiny, biggest is actually just about 6" high. But they are putting out a lot of flower!!! Woot!!!!

Back