Dutch Passion 2Stoned2Care does DP Auto Glueberry OG+Autopot

This DIY cob lighting has got me all interested now... I think I must be having a go at this.

This DIY cob lighting has got me all interested now... I think I must be having a go at this.

Go for it bro its so easy and the light you get is insane.cost me about £150 and it beats the hell out of my mars 400w by about 3 times the light output :smoking:

Think i will get a bigger heatsink and spread them out more because the light is so intense.the heat sink is only 400mm so i might get a 800mm so i can space the cobs out more

did you folllow a DIY thread or get one of the LED bods to draw some plans up ?

I just went to the diy thread had a look at what people were building and asked what cobs and driver would be best for my tent on a budget and then just built it how i wanted it

though so, I shall do the same... 150 notes you say, that's my budget... awesome

I just went to the diy thread had a look at what people were building and asked what cobs and driver would be best for my tent on a budget and then just built it how i wanted it

though so, I shall do the same... 150 notes you say, that's my budget... awesome

the heatsink was £25 cobs £40 driver £48 cob holders £10 then just odds and sods wire,screws,thermal paste.120mm fan(got tons of these from pc building),12v phone charger to wire up the fan(got tons of these as well) and thats about it bro.tag me if you want to know where to get the driver and cob holders for us uk people.

Wowzers! Loving the diy light, looks like you're getting insane efficiency with a nice simple set up and she's looking really happy with it :woohoo:

Hope you don't mind if I tag along, looking forward to seeing this play out!

Wowzers! Loving the diy light, looks like you're getting insane efficiency with a nice simple set up and she's looking really happy with it :woohoo:

Hope you don't mind if I tag along, looking forward to seeing this play out!
Welcome bro the more the merrier.
I am excited to see how the 4000k cct does start to finish.i have another girl under the light as well doing great.i really think before long blurple lights will be phased out and be replaced by white lights

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Welcome bro the more the merrier.
I am excited to see how the 4000k cct does start to finish.i have another girl under the light as well doing great.i really think before long blurple lights will be phased out and be replaced by white lights

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I suspect you're right, the whole spectrum tuning business was a reaction to LED giving such a limited bandwidth. But once you can produce a huge amount of broard spectrum light from a single source with very little power - well it's just loads simpler so should be reliable, and it clearly works! Will be great to see a whole grow under them.

Back