New Grower 2nd Grow: LED, Soil, Bubba Kush, Jack Herer, Bruce Banner, BubbleGum

Oh-yea, looking good! Keep them girls happy.:jointman:

Hey yall. Hope all is well. We could use some help thinking through an issue that has come up. The bugs are back with a vengeance. Leaves starting to yellow, thought at first it was nutrient burn. But it has to be the bugs. Got some more neem oil arriving today. Trying a different brand, since last one didnt fully work. Does anyone have experience with fungus gnats? Is the yellowing of the leaves really a result of these little shits?
20190503_120104.jpg

20190503_120249.jpg
20190503_120738.jpg
20190503_120644.jpg
20190503_120129.jpg
20190503_120644.jpg

Attachments

• 20190503_120202.jpg
    20190503_120202.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190503_120202.jpg
    20190503_120202.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 36
Looks like they are getting pushed. Tip burn and serated edges would indicate intense light and nutrient burn. The single sided burn on the sets of leaves is likely a hot spot in the soil. Each root feeds a defined area, not the whole plant.

Not sure what’s going on with your bugs but I don’t think the tip burn and serated edges are from them.

Show the girls some love and give them plain water for the next feed and raise the light just a bit.

I could be totally off.

:vibes:

That sounds good to me, I had some little bugs flyin around, I put some yellow stickies down and trapped those little shits. That one monster you showed a pic of had a stinger, they grow them bugs big in the east, except for that cheatin brady, I don't think its the bugs. That one sided burn is probably just like @Frenjamin Banklin said, it's from tie'n them up and those leaves sittin in some water on top of that soil. Those girls are looking nice-- You have a great weekend-- Don't get stung! Happy Growing--:jointman:

@Frenjamin Banklin lights were around 16 inches above canopy. Led instructions that came with lights said 16-18 in flower. Moved them up to 20 inches. Will see how they respond. Thanks for the help!

@rick-j yup going to setup yellow traps tomorrow!

Hey y'all, sorry about the lack of updates. Life has been hitting hard this past month and haven't found time to post updates.

The plants are overall doing good.

The oldest plant, the Bubba Kush, has been putting on weight and we just started flushing her. Gave her a gallon and a half of nothing but water today. Will do this everytime she needs water for the next two weeks. Hoping to cut her down around the 12th. Would put her finishing around day 90.
20190529_125504.jpg

20190529_125551.jpg

The Jack Herer is also doing really well. She has recovered from the burn incident and is chugging along. I expect her to go over 100 days.
20190529_125844.jpg
20190529_130218.jpg
20190529_125920.jpg

The Bubblegum 1 is struggling a but. Got some wierd stuff happening on its leaves. I need help with this one. If anyone can tell me what's going on, I would.much appreciative!
20190529_130524.jpg
20190529_121118.jpg

The Bruce Banner and Bubblegum 2 are really healthy but refuse to flower. Its confusing because there are one or two pistils at almost every node. But it has been 75 days and 72 days so have given up on them autoflowering. We are going to try to set up a smaller tent in the coming week to try and see If a 12/12 light cycle will flip them. I went them to flower so bad because we have really been able to create a solid foundation for 2 huge plants if they ever started flowering.
20190529_130819.jpg

20190529_133919.jpg

Wow, glad your back, your girls look fantastic! What a difference with your strains. The first ones look nice and frosty,:drool: the bruce and bubblegum 2 look Way behind. Those rust spots???? Let me know what you find out. Happy Growing--:jointman:

Need help guys. Bubblegum 1 not doing too good. Not sure what could be causing this. Haven't watered with any insane nutrients (gave it a half dose of flower nutes last water).

Attachments

• 20190601_224445.jpg
    20190601_224445.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 38
Need help guys. Bubblegum 1 not doing too good. Not sure what could be causing this. Haven't watered with any insane nutrients (gave it a half dose of flower nutes last water).
Overall the plant isn't exhibiting the same symptoms, kind of leads me to believe that maybe there was a day it was extra thirsty and got a shot of nutrients when all I really wanted was water? the other possibility is your soil has a lockout going on maybe you built up some nutrients/salts over time?

Does the plant seem to be getting worse now or does it seem like the damage already occurred. once leaves are damaged a bit they can continue to worsen and look bad even though the damage itself is not continuing on the rest of the plant.

So the bottom of your plant really looks okay and that's what makes me think it may have taken nutrients on a day when the humidity was low the temperature was high and all it really wanted was water. sometimes I'll feed in some water just to let it drink up a bit and then I'll go back later and give a nutrients if I really want to give it some nutrients.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Iv'e had similar problems on my last grow, the top and middle leaves started to curl upwards and twist and die, I had a lot of bad leaves but the smoke was good. I have got some old pic's that look just like that, it went further down on the plants, I think I just burnt the hell out of my tops with way to much light? ,i'm still playing with these lights. Last harvest was a 2 part harvest,:shrug: first I chopped the top burn't cola, then left the bottom plant for a few more days. I'd say it's the lights being to close? This grow started to get way curly when I added more light to this recent grow, it took about 13hr's, the leaves started curling, I turned the extra light out and she is lots better. It happens so fast, The bottom of your girl seems to be ok, get some pro opinions.:jointman: Good luck----

Back