New Grower 2nd Grow: LED, Soil, Bubba Kush, Jack Herer, Bruce Banner, BubbleGum

Snapped some shots on the way to work today.

The Bruce and bubblegum 1 need to be watered as you can see in the pictures. They will get a gallon later tonight. Will be feeding the bubba her first dose of flower nutrients.

The Jack is straight killing it. The bubba is being a little stunted biotch. The bubblegum 1 which is flowering is doing alright, I expect it to stretch some once watered. The Bruce Banner and Bubblegum 2 still haven't shown sex...

I have pretty much given up hope that they will with out switching lights. We do have an extra tent, due to Amazon being trash, but not sure if we can find space to set it up. Might just have to wait to flip lights untill the other 3 are done... not ideal.

I think the one biggest lesson I am taking away from this grow is the importance of genetics. We bought from a cheap seedbank, and have unknown breeders. Hence only one plant really growing well. Next grow we will be buying seeds from seedsman and getting some mephisto, dinafem or Dutch passion seeds.

20190423_120416.jpg

20190423_120251.jpg

20190423_120158.jpg
20190423_115755.jpg
20190423_115709.jpg

Snapped some shots on the way to work today.

The Bruce and bubblegum 1 need to be watered as you can see in the pictures. They will get a gallon later tonight. Will be feeding the bubba her first dose of flower nutrients.

The Jack is straight killing it. The bubba is being a little stunted biotch. The bubblegum 1 which is flowering is doing alright, I expect it to stretch some once watered. The Bruce Banner and Bubblegum 2 still haven't shown sex...

I have pretty much given up hope that they will with out switching lights. We do have an extra tent, due to Amazon being trash, but not sure if we can find space to set it up. Might just have to wait to flip lights untill the other 3 are done... not ideal.

I think the one biggest lesson I am taking away from this grow is the importance of genetics. We bought from a cheap seedbank, and have unknown breeders. Hence only one plant really growing well. Next grow we will be buying seeds from seedsman and getting some mephisto, dinafem or Dutch passion seeds.

View attachment 1049657
View attachment 1049658
View attachment 1049659 View attachment 1049662 View attachment 1049668

+1 -- genetics are the single most important factor.

I am a big DP advocate. Short Stuff and Mephisto as well. Coming from the Northeast, why not just order DP & Mephisto direct? Nothing against seedsman, in fact I have a shipment en route from them now, but only because I can't get DP direct to Canada.

Lighting and medium are next on the list. The FFOF has got to go.

JH and BK are looking nice.

Jack is my favorite, good job, man she is so pretty! You might be right about the genetics, I spend a bit much on them, but now I all ways get AUTO FEMINIZED seeds, It sure is nice to know whatever strain you plant will be ladies.:jointman:

@TheArchitect didn't know I could ship direct lol! Will look into that.

Think we found room to set up a smaller tent to put the photos in. Will let them veg for another week or so and then will flip them.

@TheArchitect didn't know I could ship direct lol! Will look into that.

Think we found room to set up a smaller tent to put the photos in. Will let them veg for another week or so and then will flip them.

Yeah, I don't know why I assumed you were out of EUR - the Patriots references should have been a clear giveaway...

DP does not ship direct, I prefer to order DP through seedsman or attitude, both are official DP vendors and ship worldwide.

As for Mephisto, I can't say... I'm in Canada, where they have some local representation that ships direct - I assume, but am unsure, that they have a similiar US setup.

Again, sorry for the misleading ship direct references.

No worries! Yea it seems that the Mephisto U.S store is down right now, looking for "new payment options"... what ever that means.

Buying new seeds is such an exciting process. Might try to go 2 mephisto, 2 dp, and 2 dinafem and see how they all compare. Obviously different strains will impact the comparison, but I think easiness of grow is important, and a signifier of good genetics. We had to do very little training to get the Jack to look like it does. The bubblegums have been difficult, and dnt get me started on the Bruce Banner

Quick update/question
20190424_130503.jpg
. The Bruce has started producing what to me look like calyxs. Does this mean she might autoflower?

No worries! Yea it seems that the Mephisto U.S store is down right now, looking for "new payment options"... what ever that means.

Buying new seeds is such an exciting process. Might try to go 2 mephisto, 2 dp, and 2 dinafem and see how they all compare. Obviously different strains will impact the comparison, but I think easiness of grow is important, and a signifier of good genetics. We had to do very little training to get the Jack to look like it does. The bubblegums have been difficult, and dnt get me started on the Bruce Banner

Back to genetics / Mephisto - for comparison, I'm at day 43, updated photos just posted.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/mephisto-gwk-avt-short-stuff-super-cali-haze.70375/page-12

Alright y'all. Chugging along here. The bubba is doing well. The Jack is also doing well, had some bad nutrient burn on one corner of the plant, not sure exactly what happened there. I cut some leaves after. The bubblegum 1 is really hitting flower stage. The bubblegum 2 is still in veg. And the Bruce Banner has like 5 pistols showing at her nodes, I expect this to take a while but for her to start auto flowering.

20190429_185359.jpg

20190429_185303.jpg

20190429_185004.jpg
20190429_185104.jpg
20190429_185502.jpg
20190429_185546.jpg
20190429_185618.jpg

Back