A few more watering questions:

How much water per 3 gallon pot while in seedling/veg?

How often do you add nutes after week 4? Every watering? Every other watering?
I start with 1/4 strength and then work my way up to a half if she takes it and normal feeding usually every other day and calmag watering in between

Just the Royal Gold Mendo Mix as it is already a soil/coco mix.

I just got home and the Kind Soil package is staring at me lol, so I’m going to stick with Coco Loco + Kind w/Greenleaf nutes for the 3 fast buds plants. Just bought 2 x 3500k cobs.

A few more watering questions:

How much water per 3 gallon pot while in seedling/veg?

How often do you add nutes after week 4? Every watering? Every other watering?
:crying: well some things are learned by doing. Maybe the old hefting technique comes into play here. When you open the bag of soil to put it in the pot that is the driest you want it to get and thus the lightest. Heft it or weigh it. Then gently and sloooooooooooowly water the pot just to run-off. Measure the amount of water you use. Do this over time so it absorbs as much water as it can without any run-off. This is the max water. Heft it or weigh it. In my outdoor soil garden I water at 40% moisture content.

When you do water, water the entire pot. If coco goes dry it my get hydrophobic. If that ever happens just add a little yucca powder to your fertigation. It is a natural surfactant.

The last question is no so easily answered, I would start with 25% strength nutes and fertigate every watering and watch the plant. It will tell you if it needs more or less.

Go here and read through so you have an idea of what it looks like when nutrients are out of balance.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...panded-to-include-other-issues-as-well.43164/

Last edited:
Are you using any nutes with this?
@Ellis Mendo mix is precharged with enough nutrients to last about 4 weeks if you do not wash them out of the pot by over-watering. You do not want run-off until you start fertilizing. Lets get a couple of terms defined here so there is no misunderstanding:

1. Watering = just PHed water.
2 Fertigating = water plus nutrients PHed.

Then around the fourth week you need to start fertigating. When you do start fertigating you want to add enough to the pot slowly moistening the entire pot until you get about 20% run-off. What is meant by that is if you fertigate 100 ounces you want 20 ounces to run out of the bottom of the pot. You do this to carry any excess salts (fertilizer) out of the pot. This prevents a toxic build up.

@Ellis Mendo mix is precharged with enough nutrients to last about 4 weeks if you do not wash them out of the pot by over-watering. You do not want run-off until you start fertilizing. Lets get a couple of terms defined here so there is no misunderstanding:

1. Watering = just PHed water.
2 Fertigating = water plus nutrients PHed.

Then around the fourth week you need to start fertigating. When you do start fertigating you want to add enough to the pot slowly moistening the entire pot until you get about 20% run-off. What is meant by that is if you fertigate 100 ounces you want 20 ounces to run out of the bottom of the pot. You do this to carry any excess salts (fertilizer) out of the pot. This prevents a toxic build up.

When fertigating, do you adjust ph before or after adding nutes?

Back