Heya ellis!
Welcome to afn and all that jazz.
420 is right, i have done a kindsoil/coco loco grow.
I learned a lot even tho the results of the grow itself suckt lol.
Im still a noob myself tho so i dont really got anything to add atm.
I am interested in doing another ks grow at some point so ill hang out and see what some of the smarter afn peeps have to say!

Heya ellis!
Welcome to afn and all that jazz.
420 is right, i have done a kindsoil/coco loco grow.
I learned a lot even tho the results of the grow itself suckt lol.
Im still a noob myself tho so i dont really got anything to add atm.
I am interested in doing another ks grow at some point so ill hang out and see what some of the smarter afn peeps have to say!

What was your experience with the grow? Did you run into issues with medium/soil, lighting or both?

The plant ended up having a mutation that affected growth from like day 14 on, i ended up with 18 grams off a white widow.
I think the grow itself was stupid easy, but the experience was sh!tty going thru lol.
Um some quick tips, with lil to no context...

Ya probs need at least 3-4 gallons of kindsoil per pot to get thru a 70-90 day grow and even then youre probs gonna need to add in something extra like calmag and bennies.

I wholeheartedly recommend bennies, i like recharge and roots organic has one called oregonism xl thats pretty good imo.

I prefer calmag that has no additional Nitrogen in it so i like roots organic and True organics calmag.

Coco loco is luv and perfect for the seedlings.

Molasses is a nice add in and keeps to the organic theme.

Be ready for bugs, gnats and such.

Be ready for this bit, when the seedlings finally hit the kindsoil in the pot, it is real common for the plant to show signs of N toxicity. This can be compounded by the preflower stage when your plant doesnt need as much Nitrogen. It happens, dont stress it the plant should get over it fairly quick.

Lastly, and this part sorta disappointed me, a successful "water only" grow often times is nowehere near water only. To increase the chances of a good grow and harvest ya need to help the soil and the plant along. So for example, in my kindsoil, water only grow, i actually used 3 extra products.

I luv'ed the grow tho cause it was really easy all things considered. With some knowhow its pretty easy to setup an automated/semi-automated type grow using kindsoil or kis biochar or any of the other hotsoils

I made it over here :pop:. Remember you are going to get many opinions on how to grow and they probably all work most of the time. The following is my considerable stubborn position. @Ellis I would recommend Royal Gold Mendo over the the coco loco - kind soil mix same type of blend just a better vendor.

Temperatures are too low. Try to aim for 78°F daytime 68° nighttime RH >40% <60%.

That light will grow a plant but it is weak in output. The well done LED grow will produce 1.5 g per watt so the best you will do with it is 277 g when the space is capable of twice that. I would add a couple of @BigSm0 Autocobs.

You do not mention nutrients?

Would you use Royal Gold Mendo Mix as a base with Kind or just by itself?

Last edited:
The plant ended up having a mutation that affected growth from like day 14 on, i ended up with 18 grams off a white widow.
I think the grow itself was stupid easy, but the experience was sh!tty going thru lol.
Um some quick tips, with lil to no context...

Ya probs need at least 3-4 gallons of kindsoil per pot to get thru a 70-90 day grow and even then youre probs gonna need to add in something extra like calmag and bennies.

I wholeheartedly recommend bennies, i like recharge and roots organic has one called oregonism xl thats pretty good imo.

I prefer calmag that has no additional Nitrogen in it so i like roots organic and True organics calmag.

Coco loco is luv and perfect for the seedlings.

Molasses is a nice add in and keeps to the organic theme.

Be ready for bugs, gnats and such.

Be ready for this bit, when the seedlings finally hit the kindsoil in the pot, it is real common for the plant to show signs of N toxicity. This can be compounded by the preflower stage when your plant doesnt need as much Nitrogen. It happens, dont stress it the plant should get over it fairly quick.

Lastly, and this part sorta disappointed me, a successful "water only" grow often times is nowehere near water only. To increase the chances of a good grow and harvest ya need to help the soil and the plant along. So for example, in my kindsoil, water only grow, i actually used 3 extra products.

I luv'ed the grow tho cause it was really easy all things considered. With some knowhow its pretty easy to setup an automated/semi-automated type grow using kindsoil or kis biochar or any of the other hotsoils

How did you address your gnat problem?

What was the issue with your first run? Low 70s temps are low for led. This is a 185w light, not equivalent to a 1000 anything. It is a marginal light for what your asking. Autos need roughly 25w per square foot of QUALITY led. Cree, citizen, samsung chipsets. Not Epiled

View attachment 1104428

Given my space constraints, is there a Cree LED that you would recommend in the $250 and under range?

With the kindsoil i just used neem oil sprays/drenches, sticky traps and di-earth.
Another thing that will help is to let the soil dry completely between waterings.
Never truly got rid of em but managed to keep em under control a bit.

Back