Live Stoners 2018 Site Improvements and Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
the same as you, I replied about that in my fb thread, but i know your like super busy and didn't see that yet... by arty
That is too strange. No, still trying to get thru threads. Had over 100 alerts so far today

That is too strange. No, still trying to get thru threads. Had over 100 alerts so far today
I know, trust me I really know how hard it is to try and keep up with everything... And I also know being staff you have even way more to deal with, I don't know how ya do it buddy, but am damn proud of ya!

Is there a way to load all pages in a thread at once? Tapatalk does this. But I can't find a way to do it in a browser.

Also is there a way to jump to a specific page in a thread? Threads with lots of pages have a link to the last 4 pages or something but when a thread is big it would be nice to for example to jump directly to page 30 out of 50 just by entering "30" as a page number and boom you're there.
Edit: I just realized I can enter the page number in the URL string and that will take me there.

Mephisto Comp Weekly update (aand final selection) 3/2/18 @wwwillie @Ripper

To be honest I am not happy about how any of them look right now. Their growth seems to have stalled and I don't seem to get the full plush ladies like others do no matter how hard I try. Decided to go with my older 4 Assed Monkey as she is one that is growing better and showing the most bud sites at 38 days. She is in Meph soil amendment on the bottom and roots organic on top in 3 gallon airpot. She's been getting recharge once a week x2 weeks and last watering I started feeding with Megacrop at low dose since I am not satisfied with her progress thus far. That seems to have been tolerated well so I will likely keep feeding. She was in a solo cup until Feb. 17th (25 days) so maybe that slowed her down. Height seems maybe ok at 15 inches she is just not growing at a fast rate and not filling out. Environment seems okay temp wise, but humidity has been low. Maybe that is part of the problem. Have seen no deficiencies: color looks good, leaves look good, pH in pot is good between 6.4-6.8. Have done only leaf tucking so far as I still don't quite get how to do LST, but the leaf tucking doesn't really seem to have promoted lower growth, so I dunno. Anyhow, moving forward with Ms. 4 Assed Monkey [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] and we will see what happens. Here she is:

View attachment 872457

View attachment 872461

View attachment 872462

View attachment 872463

View attachment 872465
What light you using and how far away are they?

What light you using and how far away are they?

O sorry, didn't see this. I deleted my post since it somehow ended up in wrong forum and will repost in the correct place. Using 1000w hps between 22 and 33 inches away.

O sorry, didn't see this. I deleted my post since it somehow ended up in wrong forum and will repost in the correct place. Using 1000w hps between 22 and 33 inches away.
Got ya I would stay higher if I were you it will help with stretch

Site is lagging on my computer. I already open thread months ago. Only that forum, trouble is not pictures or bandwidth. Seems like some scripts or what.
Also I must click 5 times on "post reply" or "quote" button sometimes.

Is this going to improve? It's really annoying.

I do think it needs to also be acknowledged this is a public cannabis site. We protect your information and data on the private server side, but you the members need to do your due diligence on protecting yourself on the public side. We can provide tools and resources on that information (and we have and are working on improving those things as well.) These images on here are public and we are indexed by google. We unfortunately have little control over how others use the images posted on here but there are some methods we can do to try to curb that (watermark, hopefully not too intrusive to the pictures (and yes they can be circumvented, but I'm not in the business of playing chasing tail games with internet media rippers.) This is a public site, anyone can access the forum and the public images. That said, if someone is using media that is yours and consent was not given, I'd simply reach out to the that 3rd party hoster (like Facebook) and say "hey, I didn't agree to let them use this, can you ask them to take it down?" If they investigate that's the case, it's easy enough.

If you don't want your info shared on the internet publicy, don't share your information on the internet publicy. :vibe:

You could disable hotlinks as a start point for people using site pictures.

http://www.htaccess-guide.com/hot-link-prevention-techniques/

Its not MUCH protection, but its a start.

Then there is HTML Guard:
http://www.htmlguard.com/

Last edited:
Is this going to improve? It's really annoying.

You're still one of the only people to ever report slow down like this. We can't fix what we can't replicate :shrug: Site is speedy and responsive on all my devices, multiples browsers, multiple providers :shrug: Have you tried using other web browsers? Tried using a different connection/provider in your area (a friends connection for example) to see if it still does it?

@KonopCh we do have a pretty substantial hardware upgrade coming, I can't imagine that is going to fix your issue but the entire server is getting a beefy boost, so we should see some general performance increases (working on increasing our storage rate too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back