Outdoor 1st Time Grower, Thanks AFN, All Outdoor Auto and Photo's

Jay...22
Every new grower has to make a few decisions that will guide their grow.
I decided to grow organic because I like the way the end product tastes. I live in a marijuana recreation legal state but I had some organic cannabis and preferred it. When I started growing I decided to go that direction because I wanted to be a better all around gardener.
I am not saying you will get the best yield, or it is the easiest or superior to anything else. Or the nutrients I chose are better. Or Organic is better than synthetic fertilizers. Or any of that.
--
I decided to use BioBizz Fish Mix (which is interchangeable with BioBizz Grow) and BioBizz Bloom per the Hazy feed schedule under Organics, BioBizz Knowledge Base, page 4.
I chose this because I didn't want to have a lot of different products to invest in and wanted to simplify my grow. Other than a calmag product throughout the grow, that is it.
I added molasses at 15ml per gallon during flowering, as well as topped the soil once at the start of flowering with 50% Roots organic (original soil) and 50% Earth worm castings (EWC).
I never PH"d my water one time during the grow. I didn't want a PH meter, the expense, confusion or additional products. Not saying my way is better. But for me less is more. Less time, money, hassle etc.
I did however use tap water and left it out for 24 fours to evaporate out any chlorine or fluoride or whatever else they put in water systems.
We are on a community well and has lots of minerals and we don't really like the unfiltered taste of the water but it worked out fine for my grow.
--
I decided fabric pots because they are cheap and help dry out a little quicker than plastic pots. You might not want 5gallon fabric pots for an inside grow and smaller may be sufficient.
I believe young autoflowers are a little sensitive so I believe Roots Organic 707 is a pretty light (not much fertilizer or nutrients) and easy way to go. BioBizz LightBizz is a good UK substitute.
I placed 25% of Roots Organics on the bottom of my pots, topped with 75% of the Roots 707. The seedling could start in a lighter soil and not burn up, and when they got bigger the plants could fed on the Roots Organics and help supplement their feed and not hurt them. BioBizz All Mix could work as well for your 25% bottom layer.
I choose Roots Organic because they are an Oregon company and one state away from where I live and I cheer for them a bit. Nothing against any other products.
--
Other than that I germinated over a heated seedling mat and humidity dome in Root Riot style cubes. I got better at germination when I pre-soaked my seeds for 12 -24 hours before planting.
Other than that chill, relax and enjoy it for the fun it is supposed to be. I have other stuff to stress about.
If I can help with anything please let me know. I have spent a lot of time reading the information on the AFN site.
The only thing better than the information are the members. Folks are really cool and know much more than me but are nice about it and willing to share and help.
Thank you for the kind words on my grow. I am very fortunate to have a good summer grow climate for outdoor fun. I hope to get better as I learn more.
-
Keep me updated with what you are doing or fire away with questions and I will try to steer you in the right direction.
I just harvested my first plant, one of the Dutch Passion Think Differents and it is wonderful. Been drying for 5 days in a grow tent in paper bags, Just about done. Tastes great and stoney for my first samples.
The other plants are till chugging along and almost done.

Back