New Grower 1st ever grow.Auto Polar Express..Hydro, 600W HPS..

Thanks for all the comments, really appreciate them.
Day 60.
Think things are getting a bit overwhelming now. Anyway, onto the pics..
IMG_20151130_061859.jpg
IMG_20151130_062925.jpg
IMG_20151130_061908.jpg
IMG_20151130_063032.jpg IMG_20151130_063151.jpg IMG_20151130_063204.jpg IMG_20151130_063215.jpg
IMG_20151130_063215.jpg

Sooo, again sorry for the quality of the photos, might try taking them out in the lounge and photo them there.

Anyways, the worries I have. Feel a bit like its a race to see how far they can flower before I end up accidently killing the plant. Leaves looking yellow. Brown bits on the flowery things a bit. Left plant 5ft, right plant now 6ft and tops burnt from the lights :-(
Lots of shrivelled leaves.

The left plant has much more developed flowers.
I just don't really know when to start doing this 2 week nutrient flush.

And my big problem is that I have to go away for Xmas for around 10 days.

Maybe the left plant will be ready to harvest soon? But then there's the drying, and then curing...I read that process can take 2 weeks. If I'm not there for 10 days to lift lids of glass jars...

Would there really, really be much of a downside to just saying right, ill harvest them in say 10 days, 3-4 days drying, 2 weeks for the curing to make sure I can go away and leave them in jars without them growing mouldy. I'm not exactly a weed connoisseur ha. And I've been bad and been picking bits off for over a week now. Seems fine :)

This will be far too much weed than I need, so I'm not too fussed if they haven't gotten to be the biggest, fattest etc

Sorry for the waffle, the packet said they would only grow 4ft. I've never even managed to keep an Ikea houseplant alive.

And with the flushing the nutrients and everything, does it really make a lot of difference to someone like me who couldn't tell good weed from bad from sativa to that other strain..

And with the flushing the nutrients and everything, does it really make a lot of difference to someone like me who couldn't tell good weed from bad from sativa to that other strain..
No it will not make a huge difference. The big difference maker is drying and curing properly. I use the brown paper bag technique for a week, then cure those babies for up to a month. The only time flushing makes a big difference is if you have over fertilized. If you do decide to flush, hydro only needs a few days to flush.

Have they began the final swell? That is the last two weeks or so, of life where they swell faster than ever. It will be the indicator they are done. If they have a full week in closed paper bags, you will be astonished how good it is. Then just put them in an airtight and check every couple days.

Thanks, that really helped. I have read all the guides and everything, but when it comes to your first grow, and trying to figure out if mine match guide pictures, judging how many more days/weeks, its all a bit confusing.
Ill plan for a week of drying then and do you think 2 weeks curing before it would be ok to then go away for a week without opening the lids?

I'm a bit lost really as to whether they've done that final swell. Looking at the plant from a distance, there's still plenty of green leaves. Up close, theres lots of individual leaves going yellow and shrivelling. But with being pressed for time, going away around 22nd Dec. Ive basically got 1 month to get them to a position where I can go away and they wont go mouldy in the glass jars, so I think ill just have to harvest in maybe a weeks time...

If you are not ready to put them in curing jars, just leave them in the paper bags. You should not be rushing things.

I doubt they have done the final swell. Have you seen them double in size in a week or less.

If you have to leave right after harvest, no worry. Just trim the buds well and the paper bags will handle the rest. Do not rush to put them into a curing jar or tote. No more than a single layer of bud in each bag is vital. Too much bud holds humidity and ruins it.

Back