Indoor 1st cob grow. with Tasty Led, & mephisto genetics

Mr.CHeeZe

Be Kind.
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
multiple mephisto strains
Hey afn...
This is our first cob led grow. Onboard for the ride Mephisto Genetics.
Gear: Tasty Led-T-22 3000k 90cri. 196w
102 par watts.
Vero29emitters 4 at 45.3watts
Active cooling.

Mephisto gear: 4 Gold Glue, 3 Double Grape, and 2 Grape Crinkle.

They will be in 2 gallon pots, in a 30×30 sog style grow.

8 of 9 are sprouted.
Just waiting on one Double Grape to break surface. Which should happen today. Out of 28 planted mephisto seeds, ive had 27 break ground. And pretty sure the 28th is gonna pop today. Always excellent fresh seed stock with mephisto.

Very stoked to be getting to run this Tasty led. Ive only grown indoor under hid, mh/hps.
So expect a learning curve of sorts.
So any experienced cob growers please chime in at anytime.

Will post pics of setup, and babies tonight.

Good vibes, and karma requested lol.
Much more to come
Peace
20171003_170042.jpg

9 outta 9 seeds have broken ground.
Will update with pics of babies under T-22 3000 90. Tomorrow. Peace

20171006_111635.jpg
Nine 2 day old up and coming mephisto babies under new tasty cob T-22 3000 90...
Dimmer around 10-15%.. keeping my eye on them. 18Inches from pots

Last edited:
The T22 is a little overpowered for the 24"x24" area it was designed for so I think you will have some really nice results in a 30x30 area. PPFD in 36x36 is around 600 so you should be getting close to 900 in your space.

nice selection you got going there.
good luck.
:pighug:
Thanks archie!!
Thanks for popping in, hope we can do these mephisto drops, and tasty lights justice. Also will be using Emerald Harvest nutrient line, 3-part.
So a couple firsts this grow!!

The T22 is a little overpowered for the 24"x24" area it was designed for so I think you will have some really nice results in a 30x30 area. PPFD in 36x36 is around 600 so you should be getting close to 900 in your space.
Yeah, i think this baby is gonna rock 30×30!!!
Btw, babies are reaching for light already after moving from viparspectra to the t-22. Running at probably just under 20% for last twelve hours. And don't think they could be happier at 3-days.

Day 5 for 9 plant auto s.o.g.
Under the T-22 3000k 90cri Tasty cob led.
Babies are loving cobs. Running dimmer at 25%ish. And they are reaching their beautiful little leaves towards it.
Day 5... 9 plant auto s.o.g
1507553068334.jpg
1507553129866.jpg

Day 5 for 9 plant auto s.o.g.
Under the T-22 3000k 90cri Tasty cob led.
Babies are loving cobs. Running dimmer at 25%ish. And they are reaching their beautiful little leaves towards it.
Day 5... 9 plant auto s.o.g
View attachment 814306 View attachment 814307
looking good so far how are you going to do the sea of green a net or tie all 9 down separately i want to do something similar with 6 blue toof in smaller pots then i use now but still not sure how to go about it :pass:

looking good so far how are you going to do the sea of green a net or tie all 9 down separately i want to do something similar with 6 blue toof in smaller pots then i use now but still not sure how to go about it :pass:
Actually just gonna let them go.
Really try to get the energy focused on central colas, or possibly some lst.
Not scrogging though.
Basically just using a larger plant number in a small area. Also all these strains are much smaller indicas, so really don't need but minimal room for side branches. Also noticed with cob grows if you can keep light spacing correct, with minimal training, you can end up with just a few huge buds, if done right.
What is your lighting situation?
I also have viparspectra with 5 vegging under. Well they just popped up today. But 5 will be vegged, 2 in 5 gallon oxypots. And 3 in 2gallon pots. At bloom im moving the 3 2gallon pots under my 400hps, and just blooming the two in 5 gallon pots under 450viparspectra. They are AvT and s.o.d.k in five gallon. And Heisenberg special, Mbap, and Sourhound x n.c.h.
Lots of Mephisto Genetics, and awesome cob technology, and some cheaper Chinese panel. But hey, viparspectra work too. Seen some super grows with viparspectra. Hope i can add to them.
Blue toof is smaller? Isn't it??

Back