Indoor $1.50 Seed Grow! Are cheap seeds worthwhile?

$1.50 Seed Grow! Are cheap seeds worthwhile?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That sucks @pop22 I just noticed my outdoor tomatoes had a bad infestation. I sprayed one time with neem right before dark and again a week later. That was a month ago and still good.

No worries @pop22 you have done a good service. You've shown us they are good. Not your fault things didnt go right. I had my dwc monster just up and drown on me so I know the feeling of being bummed just like that so close to the end. I guess now I'm gonna have to try some of those 1.50 seeds now that I now they work well. Was waiting for the threads conclusion. You convinced me.
Good job!

I know that feeling @pop22 , not wanting to get back in the saddle due to the extreme disappointment. I have found it will pass and you will go back to your passion. Until then, enjoy some time off and regenerate. Good vibes.

Well........... life has just really sucked the last couple weeks. The bright spot was a little 5 day vacation. BUT I made a big mistake. I had my som=n here so I had him water the pots that needed hand watering and he did fine. However, I forgot to explain to him about spraying the plants to fight the mites. When I got home, the big BB was dying! Worse I've ever seen at least 1/3 the the plant was dead and brown. I've been so bummed thsat I haven't even wanted to be online for more than a few minutes. I chopped her and processed the buds, they'll all go to concentrate. I'll make bubble hash then wash it with alcohol and strain thru a 25 micron filter.

I can say though, this is a fine example of Blueberry auto and I would buy it again. I give it my recommendation! I'm very pleased with the bud I got from the two small plants.

here's my poor BB and ducksfoot ( she's dead too... )
View attachment 1065577
My condolences on your loss @pop22 and I understand the affect it can have on one’s state of mine. I actually have to fight off a depression that can make it difficult to start a new grow. That’s when I break out these magic seeds B2FA739B-8AA8-420F-9A3A-E289F1A4FD18.jpeg and try a microdosing for a few days, usually does the trick.
Good luck with killing those evil monsters, no plant deserves that fate.

Well, in spite of the Borg invasion I'd still absolutely call this experiment a success. Cheap seeds is just another way of lowering the gate to getting new growers into the game. New growers = more growers = more users = acceptance and normalization of our stigmatized hobby.

I long for the day that a pack of great canna seeds will be no more expensive than a pack of great pepper seeds. This is a great start.

Very sad, but at least not a total loss. It's a sign of the times nobody resorts to follow instructions not given!

Well, in spite of the Borg invasion I'd still absolutely call this experiment a success. Cheap seeds is just another way of lowering the gate to getting new growers into the game. New growers = more growers = more users = acceptance and normalization of our stigmatized hobby.

I long for the day that a pack of great canna seeds will be no more expensive than a pack of great pepper seeds. This is a great start.

I don't know if cheap bulkseeds is such a great thing, from an unknown breeder with unknown genetics and no way of knowing how stable the "strain" is. Who the breeder or supplier might be of the next batch is anybody's guess.
In this case the result was good, but it might just as well have gone the other way. I think especially new growers might have trouble getting confident in their growing with iffy genetics.
The great thing with auto's for seed producers is they can't be cloned, a seed is need for wash plant, and any mishaps is easily waved away as bad growing or an unlucky pheno. Saving a few bob against investing 3 months of space, resources and work to grow a plant is very happy go lucky i think

On the other hand, sure, quality genetics for the price of your average garden variety carrot or onion seeds would be a lot cooler than 16 bucks a seed, yeah, I just paid that for some Killer A5 seeds and NLXH lol, but there's solid information on the genetics, plenty grow journals to verify or debunk the breeders sales info, and if those plants yield just 5 g more, it's a cool return on investment and peace of mind. Or course I'll never know for sure, but I tell myself it is so after each harvest, and the cost of the seeds seems a trifle

OK, these were photos and mothers will be selected, and I'm not about to splash 16 bucks on any auto bean, I'm as cheap a Charlie as anybody haha

Update:

Well even with a 1/3 of the plant a total loss, I got 88 grams dry of dense bud! I'm only using this bud for bubblehash...... I'll filter them little bastards out!

Update:

Well even with a 1/3 of the plant a total loss, I got 88 grams dry of dense bud! I'm only using this bud for bubblehash...... I'll filter them little bastards out!

You should smoke them with the bud to teach them a lesson

Back