Indoor $1.50 Seed Grow! Are cheap seeds worthwhile?

$1.50 Seed Grow! Are cheap seeds worthwhile?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Subbed in and just ordered 20 autos from Linda. Worked out to $3.36/seed Canadian! Shipping included. I opted for the cheaper 6 euro shipping, so I'll let you know how long it takes to arrive in Canada on the slow boat.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
I went with that shipping and it took one week. Not really stealthy though.

All arrived in good condition.

Does Canada still worry about stealth.
Well....technically buying seeds from seed banks is still illegal. The law says that you cannot obtain growing material from "an illicit source". That being said, all of the so-called licenced producers that we are supposed to purchase our material from (at extremely inflated prices) sourced their materials from the same "illicit" sources that we use. So....I think they'd have a hard time making charges stick in court but I'd rather not find out!

Well....technically buying seeds from seed banks is still illegal. The law says that you cannot obtain growing material from "an illicit source". That being said, all of the so-called licenced producers that we are supposed to purchase our material from (at extremely inflated prices) sourced their materials from the same "illicit" sources that we use. So....I think they'd have a hard time making charges stick in court but I'd rather not find out!

Good to know. Sucks and BS, but good to know.

I'm glad to see the interest in this thread! Now sometimes, buying expensive seeds is worth it, but not generally, especially for common strains. I started this thread to attract people who just want to save a buck. So this is a search for low priced seeds that are worth buying. When I can buy 10 Blueberry Autos for $15.00 vs $15.00 for ONE.... yep, I'm going to take the chance and try the cheap seeds. I'll either have some good bud, or, I'll have lost $15.00. In the past, I've had and entire 7 pack of Auto Ultimate not sprout a 1, so I've really got nothing to lose. And The Sugar Black Rose photo periods I bought are looking fantastic
The grow is far from over but the plants look very nice! I'll update tomorrow. The girl in the auto pot has grown quite a bit.

Subbed I love cheap stuff, it's where I get my Dad life force from, just love a good deal lol.

I'm glad to see the interest in this thread! Now sometimes, buying expensive seeds is worth it, but not generally, especially for common strains. I started this thread to attract people who just want to save a buck. So this is a search for low priced seeds that are worth buying. When I can buy 10 Blueberry Autos for $15.00 vs $15.00 for ONE.... yep, I'm going to take the chance and try the cheap seeds. I'll either have some good bud, or, I'll have lost $15.00. In the past, I've had and entire 7 pack of Auto Ultimate not sprout a 1, so I've really got nothing to lose. And The Sugar Black Rose photo periods I bought are looking fantastic
The grow is far from over but the plants look very nice! I'll update tomorrow. The girl in the auto pot has grown quite a bit.
I agree with this. It's great to have breeders that put the work in and pull off these amazing stains, but having access to cheaper seeds is important too. As it helps grow the field in general. 15.00 euro seeds are not sustainable and I think for most of the people here who do this as a hobby and to get their hands on some amazing bud, getting some cheaper genes and some diversity, ultimately creating a bigger playground, is awesome.

I think there is a market and an audience for it all. So thanks for sharing this and hopefully we have a few more sources in the future.

I have only tried a few seed banks; GYO Seedbank, HDSC, and now Linda Seeds. I found great deals at GYO/ Linda for low cost seeds + the bonus of a bunch of freebies. HDSC I didn't really price as I went there for the 5+5 free 420 Fastbud seeds promo that was 10 seeds/$50. so I wasn't too worried at $5/seed being that they were 420 Fastbuds who has a good rep. So I am excited to see how my Linda seeds will do, plan on popping a couple beans after they arrive and my other plants are done. Once I get moved and setup I plan on building a semi permanent room for my growing so that I have space to grow, and space for them to grow and grow and grow lol!

Okay so I was chatting in a room with some folks from out in Cali who I used to run with when I was young, and I was reffered to another site with very nice prices on Seeds including under $1 auto's that they say has been around for a long time supplying seeds. Now I have not ordered from them, (Yet!) So I can not personnaly confirm, but apparently they have a good rep for quite awhile and since we are seeking low priced quality seeds, I thought I would throw this in here. I browsed over their site only for a few minutes as I was busy with some other stuff, but I grabbed a quick pick of one of their autos and price.

https://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/ Website is The Single Seed Centre

Picture 2019-04-02 06_58_29.png

That use to be a good site but they pretty much suck now. Ohh they have a few deals but overall, no. I made my first order ever from them, sad to see them go this way.

Okay so I was chatting in a room with some folks from out in Cali who I used to run with when I was young, and I was reffered to another site with very nice prices on Seeds including under $1 auto's that they say has been around for a long time supplying seeds. Now I have not ordered from them, (Yet!) So I can not personnaly confirm, but apparently they have a good rep for quite awhile and since we are seeking low priced quality seeds, I thought I would throw this in here. I browsed over their site only for a few minutes as I was busy with some other stuff, but I grabbed a quick pick of one of their autos and price.

https://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/ Website is The Single Seed Centre

View attachment 1038309

Back