K1Ng5p4d3’s Multi-Tent, Multi Method, Multi Strain grow journal. (SUPERJOURNAL)… (RDWC/SCRog/Aero/Auto/Photo/SOG/you name it)

Hello All!

K1Ng5p4d3 is my name. I’m an old(I’m not old) grower from the Rollitup Forums from back in like 2009-2013 era- idk if any of you were around back then, but if you were and you recognize the handle, say WUDDUP?! sometime, lol.

So all Of this new information about Autoflowers has really intrigued me, and it was high time that I got back into a grow tent n had some fun anyway, so here we go.

METHOD:

I’m starting in ONE 5x5 tent to get my beans goin. I’m using a 5 bucket RDWC system from VIVOSUN, so that’s 4 buckets to grow in, and a control bucket for circulation. In each bucket I’m using a 3” ball air diffuser all hooked up to a single VIVOSUN Air pump. In this starter tent I have ONE MARS HYDRO FC E4800 LED light. Ventilation with a 6” inline fan n carbon filter, air intake on the bottom of the tent with a 6” duct fan. And also I have a couple of oscillating fans in there that I’ll turn on when I need them. Outside of the tent I have a collapsible 50gal Reservoir tank, which is filled with roughly 35 gallons of filtered water. To filter the water since I don’t have an RO system yet, I bought an RV drinking water hose that I connected to my faucet, and at the end of the hose is a special RV drinking water filter. It doesn’t get rid of chlorine, it gets rid of the harmful CHLORAMINE in the water and deals with all metals and crap that’s in tap water these days. I tried it and it’s legit better tasting than a Brita filter. Anyway, I’m using nothing but this type of filtered water for my grows.

in the basket on each lid, is sitting a 4” GRODAN Rockwool block, surrounded by hydroton pellets, to make the thing light tight. Seems to be a decent setup to start things off.

To start off, about 6 days ago I germed 4 beans. I am using FastBuds beans and Sensi Seeds beans for this run. Im aware that FB beans aren’t considered top tier, but I’ve bin away for a while and I picked these up before I could really talk to people about who has the fire genetics these days. So, I’m growing TWO BANANA PURPLE PUNCH AUTO beans from FB, ONE WEDDING CHEESE CAKE AUTO, and then I popped ONE STICKY ORANGE XXL bean from Sensi seeds. I would have just scrapped the whole shebang and started over with all sensi seeds or night owl seeds, but I don’t like being wasteful, lol. Pic 1 is BPP#1. Pic 2 is WCC, pic 3 is BPP#2. I just put the Orange XXL in rockwool an hour ago so there’s no pic to take just yet. My water is Ph’d at 5.86, and an EC of .52. All I’m using in my water is a touch of TRUNK from DRIP HYDROPONICS, and a 1/2 dose of CLONEX. I’m making my mix in the large reservoir, and top feeding everything until root systems start coming out of the bottom of my net pots, in which time I’ll start my drip irrigation. But this is them at Day 6, not too shabby, hope these autos are as fun to grow as advertised!!

TRAINING:

ok… so I’ve done a fair amount of video researching, and a little bit of reading…I wanna try giving @420auto’s bent coat hanger / SCROG method a try. The fact that he’s managed to pull that kind of serious weight from a single plant is baffling. So I gotta try lol. Obviously this one tent isn’t going to be large enough. So I have more room…

7 Likes

I don’t know how to post in my own damn grow journal. So I’m gonna just reply to my own post? Wtf… anyway, as I was saying, I have more room. My second tent has just gone up, I still have to put together and install my other light, and figure out what I’m going to do here, wether I’m going to wait for my initial 4 beans to get to 3 weeks and then plant another 4… or if I’m gonna use this aero cloner that I have, and take a cutting, mother it out, and clone a SOG garden. Haven’t decided yet. But I have the space and the gear to do it. In the aero cloner right now is two cuttings of THE JAWBREAKER that my homie had, it’s about a month away from finishing and I took these cuts in hopes of getting them to reveg in spectacular fashion, in which case I’d take a mother cut, and then get to work on some clones. But everything is up in the air at this point…

.. so I still have that other light to put up, I’ll be running TWO MARS HYDRO FC E4800 LED’s in there aswell. Consistency is the key to success. I’m gonna put up a few more pics here… the first is just a pic of my boxed up stuff that I still have to set up - which is a whole nother 8x4’ tent to be this one’s twin, 3 more MARS HYDRO 4800 lights, two more VIVOSUN RDWC bucket systems..

the other pics, one I believe is my shelves where I have all the nutrients I’ll be using for this part of my grow until it occurs to me that there’s somethin better out there.. I’ll be starting by taking a page out of 420Auto’s book and using DRIP HYDROPONICS nutrients, plus FLORANOVA from GH. N also I have some KELP ME KELP YOU from FF, some BUD CANDY from advanced, and some FLAWLESS FINISH from Advanced aswell. Oh, and TRUNK from Humboldt. Oh shit yeah, also a pic of the Water Filter I’m using instead of shelling out for the RO system just yet.

Anyways, I hope that you guys enjoy reading this stuff, I’m big in detail and I update every 2-3 days. So if yall wanna follow along, talk shop, or wanna see me grow some of your gear, PLEASE feel free to hit me up. I’ve done a lot of different grows a lot of different ways. And if there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that when you have a grow that consumes a lot of space, it evolves and turns into something you probably didn’t expect to see at the beginning. So I can’t wait to see what this all turns into by the time I have all 3 tents hummin n dialed in.

-K1.

7 Likes

Think it’s just the bottom reply button to not actually reply to a specific post. Subbed up let’s see some monsters

1 Like

Yup. Absolutely will do. My goal is to figure out the best way (best meaning most fun, largest yield without sacrificing quality, mayyyybe in a timely manner too) to get my perpetual grow on. If I can figure out a way to bring down 3 lbs of straight fire every 3 weeks I’ll be happy as hell. But regardless, the joy is in the journey for sure. Growing In itself is one of the things I’ve had the most fun doing in my life next to tattooing. So really just can’t wait to see if I’ve still got the green thumb I used to have

5 Likes

Hey Brother!

If you would like to edit the initial journal to add more stuff to it you just click the little pencil icon at the bottom of your first top post

It’s useful if you intend on adding a table of contents or something like that (a nifty feature, we use for some type types of journaling)

However, if you want to just provide updates by replying to your own post, the way you just did, that’s pretty typical around here as well!

5 Likes

A pound a week, the dream.

How much total sq ft grow space and wattage light you got?

3 Likes

I found the thread watching all on my own! Forums kinda cool once you figure it out.

6 Likes

Thanks very much for the info bubba, much appreciated!

4 Likes

I mean, if I set my grow up to where I’m

Harvesting every 3-4 weeks, perpetually. Wether I’m using autos with shorter term genetics, or if I’m using photos, and either vegging for a month and then flowering, using a 4 stage bumper crop type of situation… it’s possible. It’s just a matter of how you’re training your plants. Even if you’re cloning and going straight to 12/12, doing a SOG grow… it’s definitely possible. Just need space and scheduling

3 Likes

How big is your grow space, and how much LED wattage you pumping? It’s pretty easy to do the math to get a general idea of what’s realistic or possible.

3 Likes

When youre ready there are some inexpensive options that work fine for growing. Ive been using this one for 10 months without issue.

Ive got that same light meter i see on the shelf. Every 500fc is 100ppfd.

4 Likes

If I read everything correctly, you have a 4x8, 5x5 and 3x 480w lights. For your weight goal that’d be 3.7 g/w, 1000g/m2 for a 12 week cycle, but 420s method pushes 14+ weeks, that’d be 4.4g/w, 1200g/m2 needed.

Perpetual helps with g/m2, since younger plants require less space individually. But if you really want as much yield as possible, more smaller plants in SoG style pushes out more bud. Back in my perpetual 4x8 days I had 40 plants crammed in at peak, yield broke 800g/m2 in 80 days average with this method.

3 Likes

I think I read wrong, is it 5 x 480w total? 2 for the 5x5, 3 for the 4x8? That’d be 2.6g/w with 14week averages. Which is more do-able, but the 1200g/m2 is where it’s difficult.

2 Likes

I’ve been using this brand for over ten years, great company to do business with!

4 Likes

I have two 4’x8’, In each tent I have two 480w mars hydro leds, and one 5x5 with another mars hydro 480.

2 Likes

Back in the day I had a couple 10x10 tents and a couple 5x5 tents and I was running mothers and clones in a perpetual Scrog grow with photos…. I was pulling down a little over an lb every three weeks. Just pumped everything like an assembly line in 4 sections. Really worked out well. However, I was using tons of HPS and MH lamps. Four 1000w cool tube HPS in each 10x10, and a couple 400w cool tubes in each of the smaller ones… everything wasn’t done so much with a PAR meter back then. At least for me. So I just cranked up the lumens n let it rip. However, when I grabbed these I’d watched a few videos preaching about how more isn’t always better, and for the area that I’m trying to grow in it looked like the two 480w LED’s in each tent would be plenty of light. If Ida thought for a second it wasn’t enough I would have grabbed 720’s instead..

4 Likes

welcome to AFN!

Nice setups there and great details.

3 Likes

That’s actually awesome. Thanks for that. Once I have everything under way, and I have all of my tents earning their keep, and I KNOW exactly what’s missing from the grow room, I’ll include this in the order. I’m already second guessing the strength of my lighting so I’m sure it won’t be very long..

3 Likes

That’s good to know. Thank you!!

1 Like

You’d be surprised what some of the folks here have done with minimal lighting.

3 Likes