switched to LED from HID and now im fighting high humidity

FWIW I use a Vornado MVH for my garage tent but I have it outside the tent right by the intake. I would be uncomfortable with a heater inside the tent for safety reasons due to condensation, etc. but that's just me. If you do it, make sure you have it on a sperate temp controller and hooked up to a GFCI. IMHO, YMMV, etc.

FWIW I use a Vornado MVH for my garage tent but I have it outside the tent right by the intake. I would be uncomfortable with a heater inside the tent for safety reasons due to condensation, etc. but that's just me. If you do it, make sure you have it on a sperate temp controller and hooked up to a GFCI. IMHO, YMMV, etc.
You apparently see safety problems with electric forced-air space heaters inside a tent; or if used, recommend jury-rigging added-on temp. and safety controls?

How/why would there be condensation affecting a space heater (or any other object) within a tent? In your case with the tent within a colder garage, if anything you might get condensation on the tent's inner material surface but not on anything within the tent at its ambient temperature. And even if the tent air was at the same cold temp. as the garage or even outside, how/why would there be condensation affecting the tent contents?

And why the need for a separate temp. controller/thermostat and GFCI (just improper grounding being monitored) vs. trusting the built-in thermostat and the likely UL or other 3rd-party tested/approved overheating and other integrated safety features of a modern space heater? And to me, adding more (here needless) external connections, wiring, electronics, etc. just adds more risks. Why aren't you worried about these and other electronics, e.g., light fixtures, in your tent being affected, such as shorted out, by condensation?

About the only unsafe use of an electric heater could be placing it on the ground where water (not vapor condensation) might splash or somehow get to it. This could be avoided by simply raising it off the floor of the tent, mounting it on a tent pole, etc.

Just my .02 dude. You're the farmer. Good luck!

Sorry - that came off as short. More specifically, I don't think electric space heaters are safe in tents for a number of reasons. And yes, I do not trust built in controllers. At all. Thanks.

Oil heaters tend to be more of a passive heating system than a fan forced heater... I mean, on a timer they would work faster than oil based but its still a red hot element with a fan behind it :-/ just doesn't feel safe. Haven't used one for decades.

That's just me though, I feel sketched out from using an HID bulb even hahah.

I've been second guessing myself constantly since installing the hybrid lighting set up
"is it safe"
"it's slightly above the LED, will it heat it up too much?"
"maybe I should only have HPS going at night time"
"oh I'll change the orientation"
"screw it i'll go back to HID/HPS entirely"
"when my other tens done I'll use HPS and the 100watter in it, less power, should be fine"
"man this is gonna use so much power"

what a headf**k hahah.

I settled on changing the orientation and changing from 20/4 to 18/6, with both lights going at the same time, running 250 each. Hopefully my new 250watt bulb arrives today. Currently I have a 600watter dimmed to 250, everyone seems to have a different opinion on if its safe or not, most say yes but claim the spectrum changes so it's not great. The bulbs about a year and a bit old so time to replace anyway.

325423253_740884403898278_763920909308456201_n.jpg

Final set up (i know it looks the same, picture was taken from main door this side not the side one)

Can't figure out why the LED is on a lean like that though...

Back