Yellowing on my Auto Ultimate

I'm pretty sure it has to do with over feeding. Nitrogen is probably locked out.
You can tell by checking the ppm of the run off.

@LazyNhazy I was thinking that I water 2 liters (1/2gal) for a 20L (5 gal) pot. Do you think the plant is getting underwatered?
Im not sure, I always just water slowly until I get a slight it of runoff. But she looks fine to me. You could add a touch of nitrogen to try and stop it.

@Proph but in that case (overfeeding) I should have noticed dark leaves due to excess nitrogen, right? Instead I just got the symptoms of Nitrogen deficiency.

@LazyNhazy I'm already feeding 3ml/L of BioGrow and 1ml/L of Cal/Mag from Advanced Nutrients. The first is 4-3-6, the calmag is 4-0-0

@Proph in case of overfeeding though, what sould I do? I would avoid flushing since I'm growing in soil, should I just feed her with plain water for a while? Yellowing is getting worst actually after the last fed

@Proph but in that case (overfeeding) I should have noticed dark leaves due to excess nitrogen, right? Instead I just got the symptoms of Nitrogen deficiency.

@LazyNhazy I'm already feeding 3ml/L of BioGrow and 1ml/L of Cal/Mag from Advanced Nutrients. The first is 4-3-6, the calmag is 4-0-0
No... You will want to start reading and learning about how and why "nutrient lock out" happens in soil. Too much of certain nutrients will lock out or block other nutrients. Making them unavailable to the plant. This happens when the soil is over fed and has too much of something in it. When plants show deficiencies, it doesn't automatically mean that the plant needs more of that nutrient. Especially when your feeding nutrients with every watering. That's how you know it's not a true deficiency, because you are feeding the plant nitrogen every watering so you know there is a good amount of nitrogen in the soil.. But for some reason the plant can't take in the nitrogen. That's either because the ph is out of range, or because too much of another nutrient has blocked/locked out the nitrogen. Too much potassium (k) will lockout nitrogen. You can check the nutrient level of the soil with a ppm meter.

Flushing is usually done in soil. It's done less in coco, but soil is where flushing is common. And the purpose of flushing is to correct issues like this. Flushing is used to correct ph and ppm issues in the soil. So it's something I would definitely do, or consider doing (if you have the proper ph/ppm meters). Unfortunately the problem will continue to spread until the plant has access to nitrogen. Foliar spray is the fastest solution. But to correct the issue, you will need to check the ppms of the run off and probably flush the ppms until they are down to a reasonable number. If you just keep using only plain water, you will be depriving the plant of all of the other nutrients it needs at this stage.. Which will just cause more deficiencies to show. The solution is check the ppms of the run off....Flush the soil until the ppms are in a reasonable range... Then start feeding nutes again at half strength. One of the biggest mistakes new growers make is with the feeding schedules. You do not need to add nutrients every time you water the plant. Most growers actually only "feed" the plant a few times a week. The most common schedule is the Feed-Water-Water-Feed routine. Which means you "feed" or use nutes one day.. Then the next two times only use plain water.. Then it's back to nutrients.. This is how you avoid nutrient lock out in the soil. By using plain water in between the nutrients.
Here are some charts that I've been using for years.. Maybe they can help you a little.
deficiencies-0715 (1).jpg
tox-lockout.jpg
soilPhChart.gif

Attachments

• deficiency.png
    deficiency.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
N burn would start with tip burn. Not a general yellowing with tip eventually turning to crispy critters. Doubtful you have a lack of N to this degree. Looks like lockout. IMO. Correct the PH. Consider Humic and fulvic.

Well if biobizz dares to say that their soil doesn't need pH monitoring, I am willing to accept it, if they ever begin to sell soil that is not contaminated with cricket eggs, fungus gnats, mould etc.
Never trust anyone but your own measurements. It is a nitrogen, let's say deficiency, that could very well be due to pH reasons or too much from other nutrients. Don't expect these leaves to get greener, just remove them. Try a humic/fulvic solution for your plant to start eating the excess nutrients and ignore the nitrogen problem. Also measure the soil ph. I guess it is too alkaline but measure it and adjust your water accordingly. In any case you are well ahead in your grow and if it was me I would already had defoliated those leaves long ago.

biobizz soil/nutes dont need ph* (if they within acceptable range)
biobizz.PNG

the biobizz faq page has changed,it was better.cant find the old line about the soil.imo lightmix is great,5 years no issues.if soil has nasties in them,its how they been stored.my soil comes from the internet,its not gonna get posted in a box if its been outside getting wet and invaded by bugs.or look for a store keeps the soil indoors.
calmag with a 4-0-0 is a bit odd.
:pighug:
5gal pot hmm watering 2L. first thing i see is a mix of imperial and metric so im confuxed allready.
good luck

Hello wonderful guys, I followed a lot this forum reading only and it helped me a lot understanding how to grow.

Now I have some problems and I don't understand how can I fix it. First of all my setup: 2.5x2.5x4 grow tent, mars hydro ts1000 lamp, 4" extractor with carbon filters and passive intake, growing in a 5gal pot with soil (BioBizz LightMix) and fertilizing with BioBizz nutes (BioGrow and BioBloom) and Cal/Mag by Advanced Nutrients.
Currently at week 8, day 53, my plants show what to me seems a nitrogen deficiency (currently using 4ml/L of both Grow and Bloom and 1ml/L of Cal/Mag) but it looks weird that with the nutes I'm giving it shows this deficiency, also because I think there are sign of overferting because of the yellow leaf tip, giving only water this last week (the leaf around the pystils look fine, older leaves and bigger leaves looks lime green or yellow and some of them dried and/or pluck away easily). The plant has never been fertilized before week 4 (my bad) but it never showed deficiencies. It started looking bad after 1week witouth water (I was away). Could you tell me how to fix? The plant is still growing (2,5 inches in the last week) and the colas are getting bigger, so it seems she's doing fine but I would like to receive suggestions from people who knows the game better than me. Ah, I don't ph the water (my plain water should be around 7).

Thank you guys!

Peace!

View attachment 1160418

@baked in the bluegrass How's your suggestions? Can you help him? :coco:

Looks like he’s getting some good feedback by growers far better than me lol.
Just from a quick read thru I’d lean more towards there being some sort of lockout.
I’m not sure really what the solution is tho, maybe flushing with distilled water to sorta reset the soil? That’d be a start maybe.
another thing tho, those old yellow leaves aren’t going to repair themselves. Focus on your new growth yo!!
Hope it gets figured out!!!

Back