old fart
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Tangie,sweet tooth,blueberry,green crack, mexican air
Here we go again.
9 1/2 weeks now.
Suppossed to be gorilla glue auto !!!
Yeah right !
Another 4 month grow,turned lights down to 14/10.
Coming up on 5ft now.
PXL_20210912_124422888.jpg
PXL_20210912_124432848.jpg

So you've had more or less the same before ? I'm not happy with them either, had multiple issues. I could possibly circle back around in the future and give them another try but I'm definitely moving on and if I find others that perform better I won't have a lot of reason to take the chance on them after being let down. Here's my example...
IMG_0488.jpg

FB Original Cheese. I dubbed it Wonkamatic 3000, it remained stunted and Chernobylistic throughout it's life, at the end of which it yielded 10g give or take.

So you've had more or less the same before ? I'm not happy with them either, had multiple issues. I could possibly circle back around in the future and give them another try but I'm definitely moving on and if I find others that perform better I won't have a lot of reason to take the chance on them after being let down. Here's my example...
View attachment 1365731

FB Original Cheese. I dubbed it Wonkamatic 3000, it remained stunted and Chernobylistic throughout it's life, at the end of which it yielded 10g give or take.
What bugs attacked your plant? Secondary infections were most likely the cause of your stunting.

@oldcoot I have had auto seeds from many big name breeders that did not auto. The auto gene just goes recessive some times!

Yeah what he said up there. Sometimes you get a photo gene here and there from whatever auto it is. The more it's worked the less possibility that Gene comes out but it's still there.

Yeah,i know it happens, just seems to happen more lately.
This isnt the first time.
Plant before this one was a perfectly healthy plant, all of 10" tall.
Couldnt get that one to stretch or grow at all.
Anyhoo, just saying and venting.

Fastbuds, IMO, has been a good breeder for quite some time now and I've personally collected and grown many FB strains.....none gave me issues that I didn't cause myself.
I guess all breeders can have a dud or two...I just haven't had any I could blame on poor genetics....

What bugs attacked your plant? Secondary infections were most likely the cause of your stunting.

Fungus gnats early on while still indoors, they rode in on some starts I was gifted. I started treating them and continued for a good time after moving outdoors. Over the course of the summer I've observed a few different bugs, some I only saw once and there are two that I've seen repeatedly but none of the plants ever seemed to be getting too awfully eaten up by anything. I've seen things on the leaves that I didn't know if it was eggs or mold/fungal. I picked those off and treated with fungicide and neem, and eventually they quit presenting.

Wonky was born a helmet head, and when it finally shed it's seed casing the leaves were real odd but I chalked it up to that but they just kept coming. It did eventually straighten itself out for the most part to something a bit more normal looking. I don't doubt there are things I might have done to help it and improve it, but for my lack of knowledge and experience. They really could have done with bigger containers for one.

My main beef was the germination percentage of 33%. Only one bean in every three popped. Original Cheese popped 2 of 3, Original Skunk fell on it's face at zero for three. Another thing I didn't care for was too much open real estate that's nothing but stalk for long stretches on a short plant. I noticed the same on oldcoot's plant, it's got even more of it because it's that much bigger. You have to call an Uber to get from one branch to the next. The other was a touch better but still had a bit of that. Below is Wonky at the chop
IMG_0573 (1).jpg

So between the germination problems, coupled with the above, I was just about ready to give up on auto's. I'm not, in fact I found some that I'm confident enough in that next season 3 of a grow of 5 will be auto and I hope to run 3 two times. But just not these on the next one...I still have 2 each of the OC and OS and I may try them in season 3 to see if it goes any better. I would also trade the four of them for one good photo seed. I see all the time people getting good results with FB so I know it's not all crap. At first I just thought it was all me but it's not. I hit 100% germination with other seeds and those plants along with the starts I mentioned have done well.

I’ve seen some mutations recently. FYI- if you contact them directly, they will likely send you a replacement package or 2. They did for me.

I’ve seen some mutations recently. FYI- if you contact them directly, they will likely send you a replacement package or 2. They did for me.
I wondered about that. I haven't said to much about it since I don't have much of a rep, but if the seeds I have left or some others did well I would certainly share that.

Back