Would you recommend the ac infinity carbon filter?

Reaction score
I am looking at the 32x32 tent with the kingbrite 240w quantum board with the ac infinity s6 6 inch fan with the ac infinity 6" carbon filter with the tent in the closet. I plan to try to keep the door closed when I have the tent door open on there for it.

Amazon product

Do you use that filter? Would you recommend a different filter than that for it? It is a lot more The odor control is very important. I want to keep the
odor in the tent as much as possible on there for it.

I am looking at the 32x32 tent with the kingbrite 240w quantum board with the ac infinity s6 6 inch fan with the ac infinity 6" carbon filter with the tent in the closet. I plan to try to keep the door closed when I have the tent door open on there for it.

Amazon product

Do you use that filter? Would you recommend a different filter than that for it? It is a lot more The odor control is very important. I want to keep the
odor in the tent as much as possible on there for it.

ive had a fair few over the years rhino pro are the growers decent priced one and can last about 2 years ive also got a mountain air one now that's more expensive but either of those will do you proud ive never seen the brand you said sorry also hiding odour is very important to me in the UK

I'm using a 4'' AC Infinity filter. I ordered a G-Hydro one and it arrived with pieces of carbon constantly falling out, so I returned it. It works pretty well, especially with my AC Infinity fan, though my plants are too young for me to tell you how well it covers the smell.

Thanks. I may look into that for it. What size tent do you use on there for it?

Have you done the research for the coverage for a 6in fan and filter? Seems to be over kill for a 32x32 tent. I have a 3x3x7 with a 4in infinity fan.. I've never even turned it up to half power.. And have never used a carbon filter.. Haven't met an auto that's worthy of it, lol. You are losing precious space by having all of that in your tent. Just something to think about. You honestly do not need a 6in fan and definitely not a 6in carbon filter. If you feel you need them, I'd at least start with the 4in model for both.

Thanks. It is only like $20 more for the 6 than the 4. I would rather have the bigger fan and run it at a lower power than run the smaller fan at the higher power for it. I also may want to have a box outside the tent with the duct from the top of the box to the intake on the tent for like 1 week per month to have the fan in the tent pull air from the box to the tent to filter it. Do you think the 4 would work for that? The $20 more for the 6 fan lets you do the 6 filter which is more odor control right? The noise and odor control is very important in the tent on there for it. It does not really matter to me if I need the 6 fan it is more if the 6 fan would work or if it would be more power than the 32x32 can use even on the low power on there for it.

Thanks. It is only like $20 more for the 6 than the 4. I would rather have the bigger fan and run it at a lower power than run the smaller fan at the higher power for it. I also may want to have a box outside the tent with the duct from the top of the box to the intake on the tent for like 1 week per month to have the fan in the tent pull air from the box to the tent to filter it. Do you think the 4 would work for that? The $20 more for the 6 fan lets you do the 6 filter which is more odor control right? The noise and odor control is very important in the tent on there for it. It does not really matter to me if I need the 6 fan it is more if the 6 fan would work or if it would be more power than the 32x32 can use even on the low power on there for it.

I run a 6inch 330cfm through two 4x4 tents and it's too strong without opening vents. A 4inch is perfect as it's less wear and tear in the long run properly sizing your fans.

Fans are rated by cubic feet so you use so Here's a calculator and at most you'll need around 170cfms. As long as your fan is exchanging enough air into the carbon filter you want have issues but the filters are just sized differently based on what fan size you need.

Get the 6 inch though if you think you'll be upgrading if not then you need a 4

No worries. That's why I advise the research on the required sizes. Here's the equation using my tent size of 3x3x7..

Step 1
Measure the tents width and length. Also measure the height from the ceiling to the floor.

Step 2
Multiply the three measurements from step 1 to determine the cubic footage of the tent. For instance, if a tent is 3 feet wide, 3 feet long and 7 feet high, multiply 3 times 3 times 7 to get 63 cubic feet.

Step 3
Multiply the cubic volume of the tent by the number of times you want the air to turn over or exchange in an hour. The suggested rate is once a minute.. So that would be 60 times an hour. So 63 x 60 = 3780.

Step 4
Divide your answer from step 3 by 60 to calculate CFM. In this example, you would divide 3780 by 60 to get a CFM of 63 needed for my space.

The 6in fan is rated for 402 cfms.. The 4inch model is rated for 205 cfms.. Thus, my 4 inch never getting close to even half strength, which would be 100 cfms. Because I only need 63 cfms to completely exchange all the air in my tent, every 60 seconds. Which is more than enough.

But I've been where you are.. The heart wants what the heart wants.. So get whatever will make you happy.. Even if it's a lot more than what's needed!

Thanks for the information. The 6 fan is only $20 more than the 4 fan. I may want to have a box outside the tent like 1 week every 4-6 weeks to dry in with the duct from the top of the box to the intake on the tent for the fan to pull the air from the box to the tent to filter it. I mainly would likely not do the 6 fan if it would have a negative effect on the tent or the grow in the tent on there for it. Would there be any problems using the 6 in the tent on there for it?

I run a 4" vivosun filter on a 4" fan in a 2x4x5 tent. My fan is rated at 240 cfm.
And it is more than plenty for a tent this size.
My best advice is to get a good fan.
It will be under load from the filter night and day.
If you buy a cheap one, come flower time and it stops.
You're screwed.
You can easily run a 4" at reduced speed at night for the noise.
Depending on your light setup in the tent.
You may want to have the fan in tent and filter outside to save space.
Some LED produce some serious heat to deal with.
Consider you plant height at flower too.
Fan, duct and filter will rob you of roughly 8" at best if you're carefull with the installation.

Back