Outdoor Winter Growing in SoCal

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rogue Chief Yep they be popin Good luck and great to hear about your grow.
@HurricaneTrees Very nice. I'm getting pretty good sun. Might make a small plastic covered frame for night time. I really want to see how it takes the weather.
It’ll definitely grow, but buds will most likely be fluffy due to less light. Will still be good smoke though! Keep us updated.

Day 7 @912GreenSkell
file-10.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 17 - Watering every 4th day and a dash of MammothP today. Daytime temp's are running 75-80f and nitetime is 44-55f, relative humidity is running 10-40% since we have had the Santa Anna Wind condition everyone is so familiar with in the news lately. This one isn't growing so fast so It's not going to get a topping since I won't have a 4th node by day 21 unless it goes jack in the bean stalk overnight. Nice and healthy!
IMG_5216.jpg

Day 28 - This one looks fat and stretching pretty nice. You would think it was springtime. Did a little soil top off due to the rain splashing out some of the soil when I was gone for the holiday. Nothing like some fresh rain water!
IMG_5224.jpg

The summer harvest is barely cured and the weather is so freaking nice you forget we actually have winter here. I'm contemplating trying growing one more short grow on a Cream Mandarine & Blue Dream auto's. I'm curious has any of my near neighbors tried winter growing outdoors at all?
I grew up SoCal beach zone, i saw weed pretty much year round outdoors.

The Blue Dream is off and running on day 4. The winter veggies are doing well too... The Kale and Chard re-vegged itself and the basil & cilantro are loving the soil amendments from Kellogg's..
View attachment 968168 View attachment 968169
wow, basil and kale looking righteous
This is from the same HSO BD I grew earlier this year and It came out awesome. Not a huge yield but very hard compact buds so I'm hoping for the same again in 60 days.
man, 60D be fast outD, same strain in my arctic greenhouse holds the speed record....74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back