Window covering?

I suggest what has already been cited: Just use common, even cheap, adjustable blinds with cheap opaque adjustable curtains, or hang a blanket, behind them.

I think it good to sometimes 'let there be light;" that is allow the neighbors to see that the room is occasionally used. This is more normal, less suspicious than the room looking never to be used.

Otherwise, any tent you're using or will get should be able to fully or close enough block outside-visible light; and you may only need blinds or curtains to block bright light when the tent is open.

Last edited:
I cant be much help here, Im growing in a basement, but I did block out my basement windows. I just cut cardboard to fit the pane of glass in each window and taped them in place with painters tape. I understand this is not really an option for a full sized window, but you could buy blackout curtains and just tack them down around the frame of the window

Edit: I didnt see the post about a sun room. Or not wanting to use the tent at all.

Last edited:
I cant be much help here, Im growing in a basement, but I did block out my basement windows. I just cut cardboard to fit the pane of glass in each window and taped them in place with painters tape. I understand this is not really an option for a full sized window, but you could buy blackout curtains and just tack them down around the frame of the window

Edit: I didnt see the post about a sun room. Or not wanting to use the tent at all.
I'm leaning towards either Orca grow film or insulation board or maybe both.Just not a fan of the tent. I did look at curtains still a possibility.Thanks for taking the time.

Back