Indoor WildBill's Spring 2022 Photo and Auto grow

Changes for today.
Seeds to be dropped in water
Two Trainwreck (Arcata Cut) to replace the ones that never came up.
Two Linda Seeds Fat Blueberry will be for reversal and seed making............in 3gal pots
One Alien VS Triangle to replace the 3 Bears OG X Double Grape that died after coming up, but just didn't unfurl. in the regular Earthbox.
Autoseeds.com girls will be Acapulco Gold and Rainbow Glue. One each in 7gal pots
I'm gonna add one more girl to the auto tent in a 10gal. I think Auto Elephant.
I'm gonna drop these in water as soon as the temps come up in the cups. The are sitting in the seedling starter with a dome. After the soak, the will go into little planters this time and on the heat mat until they pop. Yeah, I'm transplanting these. This time it makes sense so I can do what I want. The starting media will be plain MotherEarth Ground Swell.
Both tents should be quite full.
Photos will be in the 2x4 with my first planting screw up. Two Earthbox Jrs and 2 3gal pots.
Autos in the 4x4 will be two regular Earthboxes, 2 3gal pots, 2 7gal pots and one 10 gal pot.
I potted up every new pots to get a set amount of media. I didn't have enough from the batch I made up for this grow with the increased pot size, I I took the make up from a tote I've had active for about 6 months and amended a couple times with moisture levels maintained with a weekly turning. Once all filled, I threw it all back into one tote, added a bit more perlite and brought up the moisture level with a mix of BigFooot Mycos and Recharge.

Hopefully I'll have much better success this round.

Babies!

3 Bears OG X Double Grape 4 days above ground
100_0167.JPG

Wizard's Apprentice x Tangie 3 and two days above ground
100_0168.JPG

100_0169.JPG

New beans going into planters today.

I’m reusing my soil now. It was still rich, so I didn’t add more compost; only some WC in the topping. These are the happiest plants so far :thumbsup:. Hopefully they finish well.

AVT, SSSC AUTO ELEPHANT and Rainbow Glue above ground.
Both Linda seeds are above the ground!
AVT should be up later today!
Rainbow Glue above ground but needs to fully open. Acapulco Gold should break the surface sometime today.
24hr soak and less than 36 to break the surface, I like that!

Regular Sunday update
AVG Temp 81*F
AVG Rh 70
18/6 light schedule

Tent shot
............I didn't get a close up on AVT. It's at the top of the right hand EB.
100_0171.JPG

3 Bears OG X Double Grape

Probably Tuesday, I'll light re-wet the media with ThermX, Mycos and Recharge in the morning. I'll split the water between before and after applying a layer of Malibu Lobster compost mixed with a couple cups of EWC. In the afternoon, I'll add water to the rez. Probably just a gallon for the first time. My E1 hasn't finished it's ferment. I'll see how well the media takes up the water to see it I need to add more. Once I see the moisture level is where I want it, I'll sprinkle a little bobashi on the top and install the cover
100_0174.JPG

Wizard's Apprentice x Tangie
100_0172.JPG

Wizard's Apprentice x Tangie trying to grow outta wonky first leaves. She'll get the GB nutes
100_0173.JPG

Linda Seeds Fat BlueBerry
100_0175.JPG

AutoSeeds.com Rainbow Glue
100_0179.JPG

Elephant
100_0180.JPG

How do u like using a “soil bed” for a few plants at once? I’ve been considering replacing the fabric pots I use with a big permanent soil bed.

How do u like using a “soil bed” for a few plants at once? I’ve been considering replacing the fabric pots I use with a big permanent soil bed.
It would work very well. I've not used them indoors, but I've had many raised beds in the regular garden. All sizes, shapes and time used.
It would be a commitment, though. It would need to be a true living soil and all the things that go with it. It would be a continual grow of the canna and a cover crop and top dressings. Worms are a must as are the critters you get with the worms. Keep those worms fed with good stuff and your girls will be happy.
Take a look at Buildasoil on YouTube. Jeremy has a great 10x10 tent series! He has a 4x4 bed working for the third grow now.

With a very nice overnight change in the 3 Bears OG X Double Grape in the Earthbox, it's time to add water to the rez.
I wished I had more girls ready for full watering. I'd had a compost tea made, but I have some Recharge and BigFoot mycos.
Time to put food in the bank also! Gonna do the compost mounding and top dressing before I add water to the rez.
A half-rate top dress of Craft Blend, 2-3 cups of EWC and then add the lobster compost. I'll add a pretty good amount this first time. I really like the look and smell of this Coast of Maine Lobster compost! Well finished and sifted. 1.5cu/ft bag is heavy because it is moist, not wet. Perfect moisture level for compost. I'm expecting great results, if I hold up my end.
Once that's all done, I'll water all that down to bring up the media moisture level and infuse it with fresh microbes and mycos. I'm thinking I'll add a light dose of aminos to help things along. I'll mix 1.5gal and what is left over will give a little drink to the seedlings and spa the remainder on the other EB.
One of my photos in the 3gal bags is close enough to needing a full watering, I'm just gonna go ahead and do it with same mixture.
I'll get that done before lights off at noon. At the start of the cycle, I'll look at the rez to make sure I didn't wash any nutes into the rez, doubtful, but best to check. I'm just gonna add a gallon this first round. I don't like letting water sit for more than 72 hrs, I like 48 early on.
I do think she will really jump in the next couple of days. She should already have roots going to the wicking area with me directly watering in that area. I wouldn't really put this much careful efforts if this was a photo. I wouldn't be concerned with how quickly I get the roots established with the rez. I think what I've done and planned, will help get this time limited girl better established earlier in it's life cycle.
I'm hoping my EB girl is gonna be FULL Teetee! :eyebrows: :woohoo::rofl::rofl::biggrin:

I won't install the cover for a few more days for the girl to get a little taller. I'll add a little bokashi on the top and add a bit of moisture if needed.

Back