Harvest & Curing Where to dry?

Oh well because I have a 40 RH... So a day per 10% of RH. Did I miss something? I thought it is a bad idea to open every day the bag.
As for the shake, it is just a gentle moving back and forth... Yeah I don't want to collect the thrich on the bag :D thanks man!

NP, I'm sure you like KIND bud just as much as I do.

When u do open the bag 5 to 10 min is enough......but do this every day.

How are you guys getting your weed to dry so fast in paper bags? I now have done 3 plants in bags. 2 currently going. No way am I getting them dry under 12 days every time. Room humidity is constant 55-57% humidity with temp of 65-67 degrees. I only cover the lower bottom of the bags. Leave covered 3 days. Then exchange air daily.

Reactions: UHF
To be honest it's my first time, so I don't know how long will takes. I guess around 4 o 5 days as far as I read around, but it's just an educated guess. Maybe your RH is higher or the hygrometer is broken?

I use Lawn + Garden bags, Boog. They are thick and double lined........depending on strains Ive put in those it took 5-8 days........not saying its cured bud but the grassy/hay taste is gone. Makes it smokeable.

I use Lawn + Garden bags, Boog. They are thick and double lined........depending on strains Ive put in those it took 5-8 days........not saying its cured bud but the grassy/hay taste is gone. Makes it smokeable.
That prolly makes a difference. I'm just using paper grocery bags. Thanks

it takes 5 to 8 days on average to dry in paper bags..depends on how full bag is. a gentle shake of the bag every couple days and opening bag for 5 min to refresh air inside also helps. as i have reccommended in other posts, paper bags work good in a pinch but the wedryer is leagues above imo.

Hi, a bit of follow up: 4 days of drying in paper bags. One of the bag is not very thick (the one used at bakery shop) and I guess dried the buds a little quicker than the other two thicker bags. So, since the stem snaps and does a little 'crack' sound, I jarred them. I have no hygrometer to put in jars. So, after a few hours, I opened the jar to check if the buds were sticking each other, and they were a little. Also, when I opened the jar there was a strong pungent smell. I guess is the "ammonia smell" that I read about.

So I put the buds back in the bags and will wait a day or so.

Did I harm the jarred buds? There is no sign of mold, also internally. But the outside feels dry and I don't know when to jar them.

I bought boveda 62. Can I use them straight after the drying or I must wait the humidity to stabilize in the jars?

Hi, a bit of follow up: 4 days of drying in paper bags. One of the bag is not very thick (the one used at bakery shop) and I guess dried the buds a little quicker than the other two thicker bags. So, since the stem snaps and does a little 'crack' sound, I jarred them. I have no hygrometer to put in jars. So, after a few hours, I opened the jar to check if the buds were sticking each other, and they were a little. Also, when I opened the jar there was a strong pungent smell. I guess is the "ammonia smell" that I read about.

So I put the buds back in the bags and will wait a day or so.

Did I harm the jarred buds? There is no sign of mold, also internally. But the outside feels dry and I don't know when to jar them.

I bought boveda 62. Can I use them straight after the drying or I must wait the humidity to stabilize in the jars?
For next time around, what I have done that seems to work reasonably well is I fetched a small appliance box about 3x3x4 feet in size, ran some horizontal wires across it to hang/pin branches to, and ran a clothes drier duct from the box to my tent so that air is drawn from the drying box to the tent by the extraction fan. I put a small computer fan in there on wire legs with the air directly down, not at the buds, which keeps the air in there moving around gently.

This setup allows me to stagger the harvest any way I want, keeps the buds out of light while they dry, and the RH in the box can be lowered by sucking more air through, or raised by hanging a small wet towel on one of the wires to add a bit of moisture. It is a nicely controllable setup that keeps the stink down and doesn't complicate continuing with the grow while drying. I have also done the bag technique, and it works as well. However, I seem to get better results by hanging whole branches.

Here is my latest harvest hanging in the box:
drying chunkys.JPG

Good luck with the cure. :pighug:

Last edited:
Lol man idk.. bought the lawn and garden bags thats double thick and about 3 or 4 times the size of regular bags. Im on day 7 drying with these and still see it being doh le digit days. However, if I had to choose I'd choose the big bags for the convenience. Room temp there in is 69 degrees and 53% humidity. Burp bags daily and shake the buds around

Back