Dinafem When to harvest the CBD strains?

Way too low for flower.

I don't work with isolate myself... I use full spectrum only... so I have no clue on those times and temps but my guess would be decarb isn't needed for isolate

Here is a quick cut and paste of why I use full spectrum (easier than typing it all)

:pass:

The synergistic relationship between cannabinoids and terpenes has been shown to increase the healing properties of each.

A study published by the Lautenberg Center for Immunology and Cancer Research, which aimed its focus on the effectiveness of CBD isolate compared to full-plant extract, supported this concept, stating in its summary that "in all of the tests, the isolated CBD was ineffective both before and after a certain dosage, while the effectiveness of the full-spectrum solution continued to increase as higher doses were administered. The results all indicate that CBD is only effective against swelling and pain at a certain dose, and that cannabis solutions containing a full range of cannabinoids will continue to provide corresponding effects as the dosage is increased."

Given the results of this study, it would seem to confirm that full-spectrum extract is preferable over CBD isolate for most CBD users, but CBD isolate is still frequently used and believed by some to be more effective than full-plant extract. This belief is led by the idea that CBD is the only medically sought after cannabinoid in the cannabis plant, aside from THC. Many CBD isolate users are under the impression that by consuming only the CBD cannabinoid and no terpenes or any other "unnecessary" components of the plant, they are getting a more powerful or effective dose of CBD. When vaping a CBD extract, which as stated previously, is considered to be the most efficient and quick-acting method of administering CBD, isolate users may feel that they are taking the most efficient route to CBD consumption. While this method might be efficient, the lack of entourage effect means the benefits are reduced when compared to full-spectrum CBD consumption.

But as with everything... YMMV

What temp do you decarb your flower at mate?

I've always done 250o(f) but if you know a better way or if a better temp is needed im all ears as would love to perfect my tech:bong:

Thanks for the added info my friend. I'll give that a good read :bong:

All the best

Mark..

What temp do you decarb your flower at mate?

I've always done 250o(f) but if you know a better way or if a better temp is needed im all ears as would love to perfect my tech:bong:

Thanks for the added info my friend. I'll give that a good read :bong:

All the best

Mark..

280 °F for 85 minutes for CBD. Container should be covered and lightly sealed

(For home CBD decarb think casserole dish with cover, then wrap with aluminum foil to seal)

This is a sample of some of what I work with for Medicinal caps, and depending on ailment / recipe I add full spectrum decarbed THC :

Screenshot_20181202-162254_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20181202-162209_Samsung Internet.jpg

Peace
Hash

Last edited:
280 F for 85 minutes for CBD. Container should be covered and lightly sealed

(For home CBD decarb think casserole dish with cover, then wrap with aluminum foil to seal)

This is a sample of some of what I work with for Medicinal caps, and depending on ailment / recipe I add full spectrum decarbed THC :

View attachment 981490

View attachment 981491

Peace
Hash

This is exactly what we need as a community :pass:

I'll give it all a good read and research more about decarb and high CBD strains :pass:

All the best

Mark..

I'll give it all a good read and research more about decarb and high CBD strains :pass:

All the best

Mark..

Oh... forgot to add.... a good general starting ratio for dealing with Crohn's is in the 4/1 - 5/1 range.

And as dosage goes up reduce THC

Full spectrum CBD / Full spectrum THC

Way too low for flower.

I don't work with isolate myself... I use full spectrum only... so I have no clue on those times and temps but my guess would be decarb isn't really needed for isolate

Here is a quick cut and paste of why I use full spectrum (easier than typing it all)

The synergistic relationship between cannabinoids and terpenes has been shown to increase the healing properties of each.

A study published by the Lautenberg Center for Immunology and Cancer Research, which aimed its focus on the effectiveness of CBD isolate compared to full-plant extract, supported this concept, stating in its summary that "in all of the tests, the isolated CBD was ineffective both before and after a certain dosage, while the effectiveness of the full-spectrum solution continued to increase as higher doses were administered. The results all indicate that CBD is only effective against swelling and pain at a certain dose, and that cannabis solutions containing a full range of cannabinoids will continue to provide corresponding effects as the dosage is increased."

Given the results of this study, it would seem to confirm that full-spectrum extract is preferable over CBD isolate for most CBD users, but CBD isolate is still frequently used and believed by some to be more effective than full-plant extract. This belief is led by the idea that CBD is the only medically sought after cannabinoid in the cannabis plant, aside from THC. Many CBD isolate users are under the impression that by consuming only the CBD cannabinoid and no terpenes or any other "unnecessary" components of the plant, they are getting a more powerful or effective dose of CBD. When vaping a CBD extract, which as stated previously, is considered to be the most efficient and quick-acting method of administering CBD, isolate users may feel that they are taking the most efficient route to CBD consumption. While this method might be efficient, the lack of entourage effect means the benefits are reduced when compared to full-spectrum CBD consumption.

But as with everything... YMMV
thanks Hash!
the ole entourage effect!

All the best

Mark..
And I'll be trying some full spectrum plant caps soon, waiting for supplies. I'll report back

thanks Hash!
the ole entourage effect!

Yup... full spectrum works very well...

But as I mentioned before... I keep my CBD and my THC separated until I mix at my desired time and my desired ratio

I'm going to explore the straight CBD first

Before doing a run of caps just eat .3 of it straight up.... then mix up the ratio I sent to you and eat .3 of that.

Be an interesting comparison

PS: it tastes like putrid shit... hence the need for caps.

Before doing a run of caps just eat .3 of it straight up.... then mix up the ratio I sent to you and eat .3 of that.

Be an interesting comparison

PS: it tastes like putrid shit... hence the need for caps.
remember I eat spirulina, AKA pond scum
.3?, of cap?

Back