Indoor Wetwoods dwc [northernlights + bigbud - Complete ] - [ thc auto bomb OnGoing]

Your EC will depend totally on the plant's needs and you need to read pH and EC changes in conjunction with each other.
General rule of thumb: If your plant is dark green, lower the EC. If it is light green, increase the EC.
For a more scientific way to control it, I use this chart for EC/pH changes:
PH-EC_Chart1.jpg

**EDIT**
My EC was at 0.58 when the taproots left the pot (that is NOT including the EC from the tap water I use, so it is pure nutrient EC)

ok so i have a base of 0.7 ec will keep an eye on that and my ph.

i assume, increase ec means more A+B and lower is increase the water or reduce the neuts?

Yes. I would just add water to get to the EC you want, and then remove any excess water if your water-level becomes too high.

Day 12 - roots in water

Hey guys got a nice wee suprise the thc bomb has a really long root in the water, no signs on the northern lights big bud yet tho.

Tent temps - 20.1c 60% rh

nl+bb - 6.3 ph 0.7ec - No roots
20190525_163046.jpg
20190525_163050.jpg

ThcBomb - 6.4 ph 0.7ec - Roots in water
20190525_163052.jpg
20190525_163056.jpg

Group shot
20190525_163100.jpg

Quick question is the ph 6.-6.3 ok for dwc? The ec hasnt moved 0.7 still ph fluctuated a bit .1 / .2

5.8 to 6.3 pH is the range you want to stay within. It can and will drift within this, and that is fine - having a variation lets all nutrients hit their 'sweet spot' for uptake.
You won't see much of an EC drift at this stage since the plants are so small and not consuming much.
When you have it bang on the correct EC for your girls, the EC and pH will stay relatively unchanged as the plants will be eating and drinking at the same rate.

Ah brilliant bud thanks , the rh of the tent at this stage what is acceptable. You know my climate... cold as hell 20-25c tops.

20-25 makes it difficult.
Here is the sheet I use for RH vs Air Temp to get the perfect ratio (known as VPD).
full

Following that will give you the perfect ratio of temp to humidity.
You don't need to be perfect, but keeping within the guidelines will increase your yield and reduce the risk of bud rot
(allegedly)

Oh, and to keep my temps at my desired level, I use a 1500W oil heater.
Something like THIS

20-25 makes it difficult.
Here is the sheet I use for RH vs Air Temp to get the perfect ratio (known as VPD).

Following that will give you the perfect ratio of temp to humidity.
You don't need to be perfect, but keeping within the guidelines will increase your yield and reduce the risk of bud rot
(allegedly)

Woah that charts pretty awesome! I am not to bad at that, needs a bit more heat got a nice reptile heater which increases heat by 2-4c should get me back into ranges.

Quick check how the tents doing lights off.
20190526_113303.jpg

Bit high.... arghh now my temp meter ia sitting ontop of the dwc maybe hang it from top get a more accurate reading

Last edited:
Back