visual guide for potassium def

Im suspecting a lack of micro nutrients in the regimen. Mind giving a run down of what you use, etc.?

Edit: just saw your post @Proph . I agree manganese, i was also thinking sulfur def.
Been using Green Planet Medi One full regimen per chart
2020-01-16_14-11-08.jpg

Hmmm, just noticed for some reason I had stopped the Ocean Magic

In my personal opinion, the 3 part would serve you much better. Or the simple addition of the TM-7 is both cheap and easy. At this point you may or may not see improvement by the end of their cycle by adding it now.
Happy growing! :greenthumb:

20200111_051254.jpg

I grow some pretty happy plants, and i attribute a lot of that to TM-7, eliminating the variables for me.

They are all in 2 gal plastic air pots. I had a feeling she was root bound cause she was so light when I picked her up. The others don't seem to be ---yet. This girl size wise is prolly the biggest fullest one I've grown so far. The girl next to her is prolly got the biggest buds but not so much foliage. Thinking I should prolly consider 3 gallons next grow.
I did cut back on the nutes yesterday and today and will keep it that way for now. Do you think I should water the root bound one 2 times @ half nutes?

That should be fine until harvest.. But regarding the root bound thing.. I can't say for sure, but I'd imagine that to be difficult to do in an air pot, since the roots are air pruned. But then again, 2 gallons isn't much soil at all. It's tough to say. You could just have plants that are sensitive to certain feed levels this run. That's why it's advised to start off with super light feedings and see how the plants respond. I think we should focus on the younger ones and see if there's time to make corrections before you end up in the exact same place in a few weeks!

That should be fine until harvest.. But regarding the root bound thing.. I can't say for sure, but I'd imagine that to be difficult to do in an air pot, since the roots are air pruned. But then again, 2 gallons isn't much soil at all. It's tough to say. You could just have plants that are sensitive to certain feed levels this run. That's why it's advised to start off with super light feedings and see how the plants respond. I think we should focus on the younger ones and see if there's time to make corrections before you end up in the exact same place in a few weeks!
The "younger" ones in this grow are actually the same age. I'm assuming they are a little smaller because they are under less wattage led. 150 wts vs 200.The root bound thing- My first2 grows I had some issues with root rot (I think cause the cloth bags were holding too much water), the 2nd I had used these coco pots that were supposed to allow the roots to grow right through but they just circled the bottom of the coco pot. For this grow, I used Root Magic for about 8 weeks.

For my 104 grow I'm using the GreenPlanet 3 part regimen and stopped the root magic after 4 weeks. They are at week 5 and are already bigger then the 103 grow we've been discussing. Already nice buds growing on one of them. I'll cut those back to 75% on nutes as well and I'll get the 411 on both these and the other half of 103 tomorrow.

And thanks so much for sparing some of your time with me. I will try not to waste it.

@Sour D have you ever thought about adding amendments to the coco right from the get go? Just a light amount amended with the coco near the base of the pot. Shouldn't affect the seedlings at all, but once the plants roots start progressing down to the base of the pot, it has all the micro nutrients it needs readily available.

Never he
@Sour D have you ever thought about adding amendments to the coco right from the get go? Just a light amount amended with the coco near the base of the pot. Shouldn't affect the seedlings at all, but once the plants roots start progressing down to the base of the pot, it has all the micro nutrients it needs readily available.
Never heard of doing that with coco. I would think it would wash out? What kind of amendments?

I add powdered cal mag, and roots organics foundation. The foundation is a very weak starter amendment with NPK of 2-1-1. I grow with only dry amendments. Once a week I reapply dry amendments in the top layer and scratch it in, then feed plain ph'd water. It shouldn't wash out if you dont water all the way through. Wet the medium but dont saturate it. Check out Mr. Canucks grow channel on YouTube. If you haven't seen it already. Very informative and helpful. He grows in pure coco with perilite added and then just amends with dry powdered nutrients.
Never he

Never heard of doing that with coco. I would think it would wash out? What kind of amendments?

I wasnt able to find this thread before..good timing though as I just diagnosed a potassium deficiency the other day.
What got me wondering was the leaf tip burn in spite of the conservative nutrient levels I was using and no change to light height...Adjacent plants werent getting burned..hence what lead me to believe potassium was the issue..Here are some snaps.
Fthe outside some might think nute burn or light to close..
Notice how the leaf burn curls up..not down as with nitrogen toxicity..

Toad

Attachments

• 0109C405-C3D5-4C5C-8C96-67C7614BD33F.jpeg
    0109C405-C3D5-4C5C-8C96-67C7614BD33F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • 340B1F12-5F96-4604-A4DB-7D6AD9809473.jpeg
    340B1F12-5F96-4604-A4DB-7D6AD9809473.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
Back