visual guide for potassium def

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Taj
Potassium-_deficiency_marijuana_diagram.jpg

My understanding is that it can also mean the plant is near end of life and normal. ????

Which brings me to this. Tangie and Gelato are at day 86. Didn't have any issues during veg and most of bloom. A little bit of tip burn here and there. Practically overnight the Gelato got yellow, rust spots, some leaves crispy. Cut back nutes to 3/4 and added touch of calmag. I had been ph ing to 5.8 (I'm in coco). Bumped ph to 6.0. Now she's getting worse and the Tangie next to her is going the same. Trichs on the Tangie are cloudy and maybe 10% amber, white pistles have all curled inward and I was looking at cutting her Sunday. Gelato trichs are cloudy but only a few ambers. White pistles are all standing proud. Is this just end of life stuff or is there a problem I need to address?

20200114_grow-a_2839-gelato-jpg.1149080

20200114_grow-a_2838-gelato-jpg.1149079

20200114_grow-a_2841-gelato-jpg.1149081

]
20200114_grow-a_2834-tangie3-jpg.1149076

20200114_grow-a_2833-tangie3-jpg.1149082

FWIW, I have 2 Tangies and 1 Gelato in another space that are doing fine.

I'd say yes just end of life stuff. You couldn't correct anything at this stage anyway, not really. All the plant's effort is going towards reproduction, even the leaves aren't as vital in the end stages. Gorgeous grow btw.
Please give a smoke report on the Tangie, I've been wanting to try it.

Will do and thanks for the reply

I'd say yes just end of life stuff. You couldn't correct anything at this stage anyway, not really. All the plant's effort is going towards reproduction, even the leaves aren't as vital in the end stages. Gorgeous grow btw.
Please give a smoke report on the Tangie, I've been wanting to try it.

I have to disagree.. The symptoms listed are definitely not normal signs of "end of life". Just based on the pics alone, those plants ( or at least the 1st pic ) have at least a couple of weeks left. When you say that all of its energy is going towards "reproduction", what do you mean? Reproduction of what? Depending of your grow method, leaves are incredibly VITAL during end of life stage. Especially if the grower flushes their plants.

Deficiencies can happen for several reasons. It doesn't always mean that the deficiency requires "more" of what's lacking. This could be caused by a nutrient lock out, due to overfeeding. Or a ph lock out.. I personally feel that all issues need to be addressed. That's how you learn, and become a better grower. Ignoring it does nothing but hurt the plant. I would start by checking the ppms of the run off as well as the ph of the soil. Looks and sounds like over feeding.

As far as the "end of life" stuff goes.. What you may be thinking of is the leaf fading that happens close to harvest. This typically happens when growers stop feeding, or cut back feedings 1-2 weeks prior to harvest. They use plain water up until harvest.. Which causes the plants to feed on the food sources stored in the fan leaves. Thus causing the leaves to fade. The "fade" does not usually happen when you feed up until harvest. But things like colder temps can cause leaves to fade. But normal fading looks much different than a deficiency.

Main reason for thinking "end of life" is I had gone to another popular website that for some reason my searches usually come up with answers right away and while they were pointing out deficiencies etc, they also were talking about end of life and a lot of the pics they showed looked exactly like what was going on with mine. A lot of the pics for deficiencies also looked like it. They were saying you usually don't see these deficiencies this far into blooming.

Anyway, my gut says i'm better off listening to the folks around here. Annnd, I just peaked in the other closet and am seeing the same signs and I know those girls are nowhere near ready. Guess I need to carve out some testing time tomorrow. Thanks!

The other issue that was confusing me was that so many others said this sort of thing usually starts at the bottom of the plants and spreads up. This is starting at the top and spreading down

Preview_NVR_02_20200115_065919_268056453.jpg

Back