New Grower Very First Northern Lights Auto Grow

Reaction score
IMG_6320.JPG
IMG_6321.JPG
IMG_6322.JPG
IMG_6323.JPG
whats good ya'lls. This is my first time growing autos. I'm growing some Northern Lights autos by Grower Choice seeds under a 600w hps grow light. I recently moved from a house to an apartment and have a 3x3 tent inside my room now.... I'm waiting to get an online fan with a carbon filter but was wondering what was the best one out there that is fairly quiet.The biggest one I have topped it and is in lst mode. Just trying to experiment alittle before I grow more. 2nd one is just slight lst.. waiting for the lower branches to grow alittle more for training. The 3rd one however, I have topped it as well and is slight lst but the growth of this is sooo small. Do you think I have shocked them too much and stunt its growth at an early stage?! :( I will update more soon!

View attachment 875007 View attachment 875008 View attachment 875009 View attachment 875010 whats good ya'lls. This is my first time growing autos. I'm growing some Northern Lights autos by Grower Choice seeds under a 600w hps grow light. I recently moved from a house to an apartment and have a 3x3 tent inside my room now.... I'm waiting to get an online fan with a carbon filter but was wondering what was the best one out there that is fairly quiet.The biggest one I have topped it and is in lst mode. Just trying to experiment alittle before I grow more. 2nd one is just slight lst.. waiting for the lower branches to grow alittle more for training. The 3rd one however, I have topped it as well and is slight lst but the growth of this is sooo small. Do you think I have shocked them too much and stunt its growth at an early stage?! :( I will update more soon!
I top and it stalls growth for a day or two, then off they go, first signs I notice of growing again, are the shoots immediately below the topping.

Sent from my comfy chair. Link to my grows. [emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]
"https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/63634/"
"https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/63746/"

Ive always wondered about topping autos. Always read about not doing it. Im subbed for the journey. I have a auto noethern lights sprouted dec.2/18. Just a couple weeks into flower. Good luck.

I have had great luck with topping followed by LST autos. If you time it right you can have amazing results

Ive always wondered about topping autos. Always read about not doing it. Im subbed for the journey. I have a auto noethern lights sprouted dec.2/18. Just a couple weeks into flower. Good luck.

I've always heard it's best to not top the cheaper strains as well as the quicker maturing strains that claim 60-75 days in total versus a strain that requires 100-110 days or whatever. Of course it depends but that's what I was always cautioned that away if you do happen to stress the plant it has time to bounce back... I normally advice against topping if the grower isn't experienced because I'd rather see them have a nice healthy through and through grow before they start experimenting like that personally. A lot of people that I see that want to HST and whatnot still haven't even gotten the watering intravels down or nutrients feedings down to a T and what just be better off fixing the environmental issues before adding more stressful training techniques ontop of it all.

I'm by no means saying an experienced auto grower can't top a quick maturing strain and still get impressive results but what I notice in general is no matter the training techniques it's usually the experienced growers that get the exceptional plants no matter what technique they use. Even just LST can give impressive results as Loki125 demonstrates a lot. The environment really is key and good well known genetics don't hurt either.

Also like the above poster said it's about timing the topping right as well... I know some claim they top earlier rather than sooner and they've worked it out where the plant doesn't even skip a beat.

View attachment 875007 View attachment 875008 View attachment 875009 View attachment 875010 whats good ya'lls. This is my first time growing autos. I'm growing some Northern Lights autos by Grower Choice seeds under a 600w hps grow light. I recently moved from a house to an apartment and have a 3x3 tent inside my room now.... I'm waiting to get an online fan with a carbon filter but was wondering what was the best one out there that is fairly quiet.The biggest one I have topped it and is in lst mode. Just trying to experiment alittle before I grow more. 2nd one is just slight lst.. waiting for the lower branches to grow alittle more for training. The 3rd one however, I have topped it as well and is slight lst but the growth of this is sooo small. Do you think I have shocked them too much and stunt its growth at an early stage?! :( I will update more soon!
Hey man i would not worry too much about it. I have 4 NL autos going right now. I lst'd all of them but one is just a runt . It also got uprooted by my cat. He's hanging in there though ( bottom middle)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 428
I've always heard it's best to not top the cheaper strains as well as the quicker maturing strains that claim 60-75 days in total versus a strain that requires 100-110 days or whatever. Of course it depends but that's what I was always cautioned that away if you do happen to stress the plant it has time to bounce back... I normally advice against topping if the grower isn't experienced because I'd rather see them have a nice healthy through and through grow before they start experimenting like that personally. A lot of people that I see that want to HST and whatnot still haven't even gotten the watering intravels down or nutrients feedings down to a T and what just be better off fixing the environmental issues before adding more stressful training techniques ontop of it all.

I'm by no means saying an experienced auto grower can't top a quick maturing strain and still get impressive results but what I notice in general is no matter the training techniques it's usually the experienced growers that get the exceptional plants no matter what technique they use. Even just LST can give impressive results as Loki125 demonstrates a lot. The environment really is key and good well known genetics don't hurt either.

Also like the above poster said it's about timing the topping right as well... I know some claim they top earlier rather than sooner and they've worked it out where the plant doesn't even skip a beat.
I have grown before couple nice harvest under my belt. I have some pheno going now with manifild technique right now. As well as a "auto" northern lights.

Attachments

• tapatalk_1520438280059.jpeg
    tapatalk_1520438280059.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 365
  • 20180308_074710.jpg
    20180308_074710.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 439
I have grown before couple nice harvest under my belt. I have some pheno going now with manifild technique right now. As well as a "auto" northern lights.

Nice plants and yeah if you want to experiment there's nothing wrong with that.. all I was saying is more or less if you are a newer grower who isn't getting all that much as it is yield wise topping won't magically change that and it maybe even hurt yields and make said person go even longer without smoke between harvests. You have nice looking plants though and got some nice training techniques down I wouldn't say you fall into that category at all..

I'm by no means saying an experienced auto grower can't top a quick maturing strain and still get impressive results but what I notice in generalis no matter the training techniques it's usually the experienced growers that get the exceptional plants no matter what technique they use. Even just LST can give impressive results as Loki125 demonstrates a lot. The environment really is key and good well known genetics don't hurt either.

Thanks for the great advise. I grew pheno types before but this is my very first autos. I have read about people topping and getting great result then just one main cola. We'll see how they grow. I'll post updates!

Back