Mephisto Genetics Unique taken a Ride on The Fantsamo Express

I think that is actually a sap like substance.She is known to do this and almost all the FE’s I have grown have this sap.Taste it I bet you it tastes sweet.High Brix baby!

You're correct, it's not resin but a secretion of xylem sap (primarily comprised of water and nutrients.) It's called guttation, and happens when soil moisture levels are high (typically during lights out,) causing the roots to pull in an excess amount of moisture which increases the pressure in the root system, forcing water droplets out from the leaves. It seems to be more strain dependent from what I've seen (lots of reports on it from Sweet Seed strains, which is where I had it happen myself with a Red Poison.)

20170221_155106 - Copy.jpg
clearcloudyamber - Copy.jpg

You're correct, it's not resin but a secretion of xylem sap (primarily comprised of water and nutrients.) It's called guttation, and happens when soil moisture levels are high (typically during lights out,) causing the roots to pull in an excess amount of moisture which increases the pressure in the root system, forcing water droplets out from the leaves. It seems to be more strain dependent from what I've seen (lots of reports on it from Sweet Seed strains, which is where I had it happen myself with a Red Poison.)

View attachment 995368 View attachment 995369
Still looks pretty cool there’s like two different colors of it clear and amber .. strange you say from lights out mine were on the whole time and this plant hardly got any nutrients it kept having issues. Also this the entire plant has that on every bud.

Last edited:
Still looks pretty cool there’s like two different colors of it clear and amber .. strange you say from lights out mine were on the whole time and this plant hardly got any nutrients it kept having issues

I actually run 24/0 myself and that's where I had it happen too; I wonder if it's just excessive moisture below the soil/grow medium line maybe? That's the scientific explanation of it anyway :hump: :rofl: Some ass clown tried to make it famous on Pinkman's Goo (look it up, they are claiming it's unique to their strain.)

Here are some of the "drops" from my plants. We smoked 'em too, burns, smells, and tastes like burnt sugar!

20170217_112754 - Copy.jpg
20170217_112822 - Copy.jpg
20170217_112830 - Copy.jpg

I actually run 24/0 myself and that's where I had it happen too; I wonder if it's just excessive moisture below the soil/grow medium line maybe? That's the scientific explanation of it anyway :hump: :rofl: Some ass clown tried to make it famous on Pinkman's Goo (look it up, they are claiming it's unique to their strain.)

Here are some of the "drops" from my plants. We smoked 'em too, burns, smells, and tastes like burnt sugar!

View attachment 995388 View attachment 995389 View attachment 995390
I actually think possibly from letting maybe run to dry this one wasn’t on auto pots like the others and ran dry a lot . It looks pretty cool doesn’t it?

Looks yummy I smoked scissor resin after trimming and it was dynamite

I was running fairly low humidity 50% I’ve seen this before but not loaded on every bud. It was dripping onto floor pots and everything under it. When I set buds on plate to trim I had actually thought somehow I dropped water on them bcoz they were so wet lol then I realized when I tried wipe it that it was sticky goo

Last edited:
I was running fairly low humidity 50% I’ve seen this before but not loaded on every bud. It was dripping onto floor pots and everything under it.

Yeah mine did the same thing, I freaked out until I figured out what it was. I run coco-coir and the top layer of it looked like someone drizzled syrup. It's really impressive to say the least! I found that they will dry out a bit and form a skim (you can crush 'em in your finger still, but otherwise firm enough to handle.) Pluck 'em off with a tweezer and put 'em under a scope! I'd love to see that!

Yeah mine did the same thing, I freaked out until I figured out what it was. I run coco-coir and the top layer of it looked like someone drizzled syrup. It's really impressive to say the least! I found that they will dry out a bit and form a skim (you can crush 'em in your finger still, but otherwise firm enough to handle.) Pluck 'em off with a tweezer and put 'em under a scope! I'd love to see that!
I’ll see about getting a few off and I’ll try getting some closeups of it , it was so funny I really thought somehow I dropped water on them until I realized it was sticky goo lol

View attachment 995368 View attachment 995369
I heard that name before now I know what it’s called it impressive looking and very sweet I heard that doesn’t have any thc mine was mixed in with scissor resin it was extremely good

I run coco/perlite I think you may be right about certain strains maybe how were your temps? I was averaging about 72 throughout flower, 50% humidity dutchpro nutrients and auto pots oh leds also

Back