Lighting Twin SE450s & Purple-Phenos

Hello young ones.i hope they all grow big and fast mate.happy growing;)

Thanks brother! I will probably have to constantly adjust lights.. I've read some journals of growers getting serious growth rates with these lights. We'll see what happens though *fingers crossed*
Rock on! :headbang:

Happy Growing!

Well we have three helmet heads.. one of the Purp Mazar, one LSD, and one Frisian Dew.
I'm very confident the LSD will shed it's shell by tommarow morning, the other two I'm not sure. The Purp Mazar shell is the least crack I don't know if she will make it. Hope they pull through!!!!

Hey AFN!
One Dutch Passion Frisian Dew and one Fast Buds LSD didn't make it. RIP little ones...:angel: lmao. They had helmet heads -- severe ones at that. I have one of each of those seeds left, so I have them germing.. hopefully these ones will make it we'll see what happens. I almost didn't even germ them and just go with 6 plants but I have the soil ready in pots so might as well give it shot.

Also, I thought I seen a little gnat crawl across the top of my soil the other day.. so I crushed up some mosquito dunks and put on soil and have a dunk sitting in water in which I'm going to use to water the girls later. I read the Mosquito dunks work very well so I decided to try it. I don't know if anyone has an experience with dunks but if so let me know. Also set up some sticky traps to see if I catch anything... I'd rather take precaution measures just in case.

But girls are growing -- everything is good thus far. They are going to get there first good watering today. With 1ml/gallon of Rapid Start, .5 tsp/gallon of Silicia Blast, and 5ml/gallon of CaMg. They will probably get about qtr of gallon each!

Rock on AFN!

4B49A4A4-70E2-4C4D-BD7F-872DAED75C90.JPG
8478A898-1D34-42DB-B248-519E597D3F2D.JPG

Hey @Burr_nit

I use mosquito bits in my waste Resevoir keeps them from growing gnats.

I used to get a lot of helmet headed seedlings, that all changed when I simply started planting my seeds deeper. Now I like to soak my seeds for 36 hours and direct sew into my Coco a quarter inch deep and they almost always pull their helmets off that way.

I'm thinking about starting some frizzian dew in about a month-and-a-half so I'm really curious to see how things go for you.

Yeah I got them 36" away right now. -- I was actually thinking about raising it to 40", but recommended height is 22". So I will try 36" firstAnd I only have the monochrome LEDs on right now... what height do you keep your lights at man @Discretepete2676 ?
With just the monos I'd do 30" off the seed to start. Let it grow 6 inches tall. Raise your lights back up to about 36" and flip on the cobs. @AMARE-TECH-Vic is this correct for this model? I only have mono panels, no cob yet

With just the monos I'd do 30" off the seed to start. Let it grow 6 inches tall. Raise your lights back up to about 36" and flip on the cobs. @AMARE-TECH-Vic is this correct for this model? I only have mono panels, no cob yet

Thanks @Discretepete2676 great to hear from ya man! what's new? How's your grows, what are you growing these days?

Actually, that's what I ended up doing a couple days ago... Lights are 30" from soil and seedlings ranging from 2-2.5". So hopefully by end of week, COBS will be coming on and lights will be highered. :thumbsup:

Hey @Burr_nit

I use mosquito bits in my waste Resevoir keeps them from growing gnats.

I used to get a lot of helmet headed seedlings, that all changed when I simply started planting my seeds deeper. Now I like to soak my seeds for 36 hours and direct sew into my Coco a quarter inch deep and they almost always pull their helmets off that way.

I'm thinking about starting some frizzian dew in about a month-and-a-half so I'm really curious to see how things go for you.

Hey @jingo !!

Thanks brother! Good to know. I sprinkled some crushed up dunks on soil so I'll keep my eye on things. I don't even know if it was a gnat that I seen. I was high :baked: lol. I did just see a spider in the tent, but I kept him there. I figured he eat any bugs that are in the tent lmao. Thanks for the advice on the seeds to. I'll remember that for next time. Maybe I will plant a little deeper! :thumbsup:

Thanks man! Rock on! :headbang:

I've tried mosquito dunks. Crushed up on soil and floating in bubbled water. Didn't help a bit...no pun intended. I hope it works for you.

Sowing deeper to avoid helmet head is what I've learned also. Works perf.

I've tried mosquito dunks. Crushed up on soil and floating in bubbled water. Didn't help a bit...no pun intended. I hope it works for you.

Sowing deeper to avoid helmet head is what I've learned also. Works perf.

Oh great lol. Well I set up traps for the last few days too -- nothing on them. And haven't seen anything flying around so idk if what I seen was a gnat. Lol. Maybe I should lay off the sauce. Ahahaha! I will still keep an eye out. I will keep that in mind next time I'm sowing seeds. Thanks brother!!!

Oh great lol. Well I set up traps for the last few days too -- nothing on them. And haven't seen anything flying around so idk if what I seen was a gnat. Lol. Maybe I should lay off the sauce. Ahahaha! I will still keep an eye out. I will keep that in mind next time I'm sowing seeds. Thanks brother!!!
I'm only saying the dunks didn't work for ME. I see a lot of recommendations for them.
I use sticky traps and Food Grade Diatimateous Earth, sprinkled on top.

Nugnoob is actually having gnat problems right now.

Back