2/2/22
DAY 21
Strain: Twenty20 Triks
Tent Temp: 81/RH: 45%
Lighting: MarsHydro TSW2000
PAR on canopy: 400
Nutrients: My own "modified" GH FloraTrio schedule
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy 2/2/22 peeps! :biggrin: I started the Autopot rez a few days ago. However, Mommy ran out of RO water and ladies last feed was with tap water. I had to use a ton of PH down….uggggg. Let’s just say she DID NOT like it. (Her leaves quickly went light green.) So, anyhoo, I got my shipment of RO water late yesterday. I cleaned out the rez and put in (2) gallons of fresh RO water, 1tsp CALiMAGic, 1tsp Micro, 1tsp Grow, and 1tsp Bloom. PH automatically settled at 6.0 and PPM 560.
She looks a touch greener this morning, thank goodness! :rolleyes1:

20220202_095904.jpg

20220202_095911.jpg

all three seeds have cracked after 24hrs so iv put them in the final pots hopefully we will see them in a day or two :thumbsup:

What’s up AFN growmies! Have learned a lot from this site lurking and wanted to join the Twenty20 Mendo fun :smoking: first post on AFN so hope it’s chill to join in this thread.

Finished a Whiskey Zulu (F2 I think) last summer/fall along with a Barney’s Farm Zkittlez OG auto to compare the Watermelon Zkittlez x Triangle Kush (Twenty20) and Zkittlez x OG Kush (Barney’s) lineages. Grow specs were:

2’x2’x4’ grow tent
2 gal fabric pots
50/30/20 mix of coco (Mother Earth) / perlite / FF Happy Frog
Light: Bloomspect SL600 (added an SS1000) along during flower, RapidLED deep red and far red initiator pucks, and two T5HO (6500K, 3000K, 10000K and UV bulbs used at different times)
Nutes: Gen Hydro/Org (Maxi series + CALiMAGic and BioRoot), AN Big Bud coco and Bud Candy, Bloom City Silica Boost.

I soak up to 24 hrs in distilled water, then moist paper towel on a heat mat until taproot pops. They go in to Rapid Rooters 3-5 days and then into their final home.

View attachment 1412917

View attachment 1412918

View attachment 1412919

View attachment 1412920

View attachment 1412921

Whiskey Zulu showed her lady whiskers first, caught them at Day 21 so likely started showing off at Day 19

View attachment 1412922

Fast forward to the good stuff…took her to Day 69 and then 36 hrs darkness to chop. Whiskey Zulu handled LST like a champ, Barney’s Zkittlez OG stunted when I tried bending the main…totally a SOG plant.

Whiskey Zulu (left) with the main cola on the far left of the pic, Zkittlez OG (right).

View attachment 1412924

View attachment 1412925

View attachment 1412926

View attachment 1412927

A couple trim shots or it didn’t happen! Let hang dry with stems and most fans on for 3 days, then bucked and removed remaining fans (kept all sugar leaves). Buds were then dried another 5 days in paper bags before a final trim, then binned and burped. Whiskey Zulu was a BREEZE to trim, Barney’s Zkittlez was a royal PITA!

View attachment 1412928

Pre-Trim

View attachment 1412929

Post-Trim (first time obviously so any advice or comments on how to get better are appre

View attachment 1412930

Got too happy and was bagging, forgot to take a pic of the load. This is about half of the harvested, trimmed payload

View attachment 1412931

The bag of smalls got a one month cure and was the first to get opened. The larger “main” cola buds got a nearly 3 month cure.

Now i’m as snug as a bug in a rug with a nug and a mug in need of a hug o’ what the fug…

View attachment 1412935

Dank you @Twenty20 Adam for the amazing detailed work you put into your genetics! Currently running a Snow-G auto (X-Factor now) nearing Day 35…i’ll drop pics of her in a separate post.

As you could see Whiskey Zulu was the champion in my unofficial “Zkittlez x Kush” autoflower breeder challenge. Here’s a quick rundown from my view:

Whiskey Zulu was a champ that handled training and nute deficiencies like a champ. Can run two in small pots (2 gal) in a small 2’x2’x4’ tent with a lot of training needed, and it would create a full canopy in the entire space. No fungal or mold issues even when humidity got a little high for a day during flower. She’s noisy in the tent during flower (this is the only area Barney’s can shine if you need a relatively odorless strain for incognito growing…I got no scent off the Zkittlez OG during flower), but since this is my first grow I don’t know what is considered “loud AF” with smells. But bump a branch during flower and I got a gym sweat meets sour candy funk smell that is unmistakable. Once bagged though the game changes, you can’t miss the fermented fruit and sour cherry (some lemony) scents with some gassy notes behind it reeking out each time you open to grab a nug. The best part to me is the exhale though…I don’t get a lot on the inhale, but on the exhale there’s a berry yogurt flavor that stays on my tongue. Those i’ve shared with rave about how good this flower tastes. Ran the trim for ice water hash and this is a beast of a cultivar for extraction (compared to the Barney’s Zkittlez OG, based on weight of trim input versus weight of hash out). Definitely let the buds cure a minimum two months (three plus is ideal), there was a major difference in smoothness and high between the 1 mo and 3 mo stuff, but could also be difference in potency between smalls vs mains?
So glad you joined bro

WEEK #2 UPDATE

Durban Sunrise Auto
72.9* 67%RH 0.9 VPD
T
he girls have grown some this week, I have a feeling they aren’t going to get very tall as they have started showing early sign of flower. I’ve only watered with RO water PH to 6.2 and cal mag with a bit of Voodoo juice.
3C64B83A-0237-4DA9-9799-639740AC3292.jpeg
C1BB31EE-10B3-46CC-9D14-41DC6F7F51CF.jpeg
7653393E-2194-4D64-94C9-859A9C7CC179.jpeg

Back