twenty20 Twenty20 Mendocino Grow&show 2022

I got Hotz trouble.... ugh.... after smooshing one, the seed that did pop a tail, well, it grew upside down and made a dang loop.
puddin'.gif
- they're revolting against their elders!
muppets1.gif

@Mañ'O'Green
Update#1, Day 1, germination success: Triks x2 and MSG (Mendo Skunky Garlic) x2

Nothing says "Good Morning World" like a mug of great coffee. :toke: Both my order of Peets Coffee and the heavy-duty Twenty20 mug arrived the same day. :biggrin: The only thing that beats that is finding the mug loaded up with top-shelf genetics. Woohoo.
View attachment 1410048

Two seeds each of Triks and MSG went swimming for a day in RO water. The Triks were already starting to crack. All went into little root starter spikes. But I quickly moved the MSGs into solo cups. Within another day we had sprouting behavior. Triks first and MSG about 12 hours later. I'll call that day one.
View attachment 1410050View attachment 1410049
Then at day two we sent everyone into their own 3 gallon RainScience Grow Bag.
View attachment 1410051

They're currently sitting under two CobShop cobs, set fairly high so as to produce just 125 PPFD. I'll lower those lights tomorrow.
The medium is 50/50 coco and Big Rootz amended with worm casings, lobster compost, and Down-to-Earth Bio-Fish.
LUV me some Peet's coffee!:headbang::headbang:

Both Whiskey Zulu and Triks cracked in 12hrs and a tiny tail sticking out after 24. Popped up well before 24hrs after planting.

Weeellll, 1/11, put an Autowreck and Muchacha in h20/h202.
1/12 put them in coffee filters
1/15 no response so I cracked them
1/17 1 little nubby on autowreck nothing from Muchacha so I put them in some root riots along with a bit of VAM and Ful Power. Put a napkin over them to let in a little light. Tomorrow may remove it and see if maybe light is what they are looking for.

Think it's time to make a germination station out of this cooler I don't use so I can control the environment better.
The one with the big stem popped out and is now nestled into a 27 gal siip. The smaller one not showing any sign of upward movement--yet

2 days after putting her head out
20220121_0393-AutoWreck copy.jpg

Sooo, I decided to get serious. I cracked 2 Muchacha's, put em in water with some Ful-Humix and Vam. Pushed em underwater a few times until they stayed down. Left them overnight and put them into coffee filter. About 18 hrs later, they had some roots. Right now they are both in root riots.

20220121_0399-Coocha copy.jpg

Funny, back when I was a young hippy boy, bro science said seeds were ready to plant when they sank to bottom of glass. Never hear that anymore.
Hoping next update will be 2 more in sips and 1 in a 1 gal pot.

Hello everyone
And a big thank you to @Twenty20 Adam @Trichome farmer for setting this up and for including little old me
I'm Minime2020
I will be growing 2 Twenty20 Mendocino triks
Grown in coco coir professional with perlite and clay pebble mix
Ill be using Canna nutrients and passive hydro watering,
I will be using a @Marshydro ts1000
Been growing 3 years now well this will be my third year, every day is a school day in the growing world,
These girls will start there journey in the growdrobe and move into the tent later on

20220122_195123.jpg
20220122_194128.jpg
20220122_200535.jpg

1/22/22
DAY 10

Today is day 10 for the Triks twins and they are looking wonderful :biggrin: I will probably be potting up tomorrow, those roots are getting
tight!

20220122_163051.jpg

20220122_163113.jpg

Last edited:
@Mañ'O'Green
Update#1, Day 1, germination success: Triks x2 and MSG (Mendo Skunky Garlic) x2

Nothing says "Good Morning World" like a mug of great coffee. :toke: Both my order of Peets Coffee and the heavy-duty Twenty20 mug arrived the same day. :biggrin: The only thing that beats that is finding the mug loaded up with top-shelf genetics. Woohoo.
View attachment 1410048

Two seeds each of Triks and MSG went swimming for a day in RO water. The Triks were already starting to crack. All went into little root starter spikes. But I quickly moved the MSGs into solo cups. Within another day we had sprouting behavior. Triks first and MSG about 12 hours later. I'll call that day one.
View attachment 1410050View attachment 1410049
Then at day two we sent everyone into their own 3 gallon RainScience Grow Bag.
View attachment 1410051

They're currently sitting under two CobShop cobs, set fairly high so as to produce just 125 PPFD. I'll lower those lights tomorrow.
The medium is 50/50 coco and Big Rootz amended with worm casings, lobster compost, and Down-to-Earth Bio-Fish.
I get a tear in my eye everytime in see a Rain Science bag with grommets lol.

:pass:

Hotz update: Both have survived and greened up! I gave them a couple days under the CFL grow bulb to see if they'd take and reorient themselves. They both seem to be growing at the moment so they were potted this evening. I need to do a big photoshoot of everyone tomorrow but this is is just a quick update.

Both are day 3 above soil.

Hotz 2: The one that was coiled. I set it sideways on top of the jiffy, covered the root and hoped.

P1040252.JPG

Hotz 3: This is the one that was growing upside down and had a long but curly/wavy root. Reoriented and hoped.... I can see a new mass of hairy roots just bursting off the main root and growing down. Looks like this one might turn into a winner.

P1040255.JPG

P1040257.JPG

P1040259.JPG

20220111_202730.jpg

Now I'm in the the correct spot lol. They arrived on 1/10/22. Still finishing my test for HLG currently (day 77) thought I'd be done by now, but that's how it goes. Planning on scrogging a Autowreck asap. Stay lifted.

Back