Transitioning to Organic

Reaction score
I am looking at taking my grow towards a more organic approach. I am setting up three different projects this turn and one of them is to try and get a more organic profile in the containers. I feel it will help to mitigate some of the problems I had in the last grow with synthetics.

At present I have 3-5 gallon containers with a mix of compost, recycled Fafard BX, and New BX as well. That has been amended in the top 4 inches with Fox Farms 9-6-6 at approximately 60% the recommended rate. I added Mycor VAM cocktail (mycorhizae) to the containers as well but it is old and I am not sure how well the spores have weathered storage. I am going to add some Mykos Endo Myc as soon as it comes in this week. I am watering with a solution of fish emulsion (Alaska) at a rate of 2 teaspoons per gallon of water. I am getting pretty good growth but I am struggling to find continuity with what I might need to be doing to prepare for flowering. So I am looking for a little advice on this.

_DSC1763.JPG

Hi Puddentane , will come to organics , I can't be of much help as I do not get the soil you have in my country , that's way I make my own , but one of the lads here will be able to help you . .

well I can give you two things to do, but in all honesty bro I need a list of all the things you have and even a few things you were thinking of getting if that works for you.

like this. item [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] so on n so forth EWC shit

item 2 snot boogers dried n crushed n stuff LOL

and welcome to organics too man. your smoke will start to taste better over the course too. youll notice Im sure.

but flowering can be tough in organics when your boosting SOIL and not doing say tea feeds and bottled feeds. it need to be in the soil for a fully organic profile.now if you want to take it part of the way,I would get a fistful of compost ,say a half gallon of soil ..even a full gallon. lets go with a full gallon of soil and a fistful of compost. then lets add some organicare or similar Dr earth type brand of organic granules which I like personally. those two are pretty decent stuff imo. but you take a rounded 1/4 cup of said item and mix into that fistful of stuffs n soil and mix well. make sure it stays moist for a good week.mixing as a cpl days go by and then in a week,top coat then you can hit them as needed for teas to help transition AND flower while the top coating and waterings do their work :) make sense?

Welcome to the organic neighborhood bro. It takes some time to get to where it's really working but it will be more forgiving when ya get there. The teas in @Eyes on Fire thread should get you through flowering this time around
:pass:

Welcome to the organic neighborhood bro. It takes some time to get to where it's really working but it will be more forgiving when ya get there. The teas in @Eyes on Fire thread should get you through flowering this time around
:pass:
Yes I am working through reading that thread as I type this. Good reading. At this moment I am open to anything. I lined out what I have done so far because any info I receive will have to take in account the situation in the container.

And thanks for the warm welcome. I am definitely interested in better tasting smoke. And the buffering power of and organic system versus a couple of problems I failed to master in my last run.

well I can give you two things to do, but in all honesty bro I need a list of all the things you have and even a few things you were thinking of getting if that works for you.

like this. item [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] so on n so forth EWC shit

item 2 snot boogers dried n crushed n stuff LOL

and welcome to organics too man. your smoke will start to taste better over the course too. youll notice Im sure.

but flowering can be tough in organics when your boosting SOIL and not doing say tea feeds and bottled feeds. it need to be in the soil for a fully organic profile.now if you want to take it part of the way,I would get a fistful of compost ,say a half gallon of soil ..even a full gallon. lets go with a full gallon of soil and a fistful of compost. then lets add some organicare or similar Dr earth type brand of organic granules which I like personally. those two are pretty decent stuff imo. but you take a rounded 1/4 cup of said item and mix into that fistful of stuffs n soil and mix well. make sure it stays moist for a good week.mixing as a cpl days go by and then in a week,top coat then you can hit them as needed for teas to help transition AND flower while the top coating and waterings do their work :) make sense?

It makes sense. I have kids so no shortage of dried boogers available.

Really though, I do see where you are going but I am struggling to formulate the best choice considering I have already jumped off the cliff. I was thinking of getting a base lineup of Nectar For the Gods and just running it out to completion. I have made some basic teas when I was a lad growing up in the country. But I have not done so of late and will want to find the best match for the existing load already in the container.

The more I learn, the less I know.

But I do know this. You grow some beautiful plants and I would love to see that kind of performance in my grows.

well nectur of the gods is okay man. a buddy grows with that and I have some of his smoke now. a little rough but for what your looking for it be perfect imo for you right now for simple bottle feeds. when your done this grow get with me prior to prepping your soil for next round please. ill help you the best I can and for me? its about the quality has little or ZERo to do with yield honestly. although i do like one of those too LOL! I want smooth as silk quality and NO harsh smoke,hot vapors nothing nadda. smooth fiull genetic tastey tastersons n stuff ya know! lol and a higher grade of cannabis that most can achive much less get. and now your on the right path :)

It makes sense. I have kids so no shortage of dried boogers available.

Really though, I do see where you are going but I am struggling to formulate the best choice considering I have already jumped off the cliff. I was thinking of getting a base lineup of Nectar For the Gods and just running it out to completion. I have made some basic teas when I was a lad growing up in the country. But I have not done so of late and will want to find the best match for the existing load already in the container.

The more I learn, the less I know.

But I do know this. You grow some beautiful plants and I would love to see that kind of performance in my grows.
Welcome I truly believe you're meds will thank you ,organics isn't really a set formula there is many ways to get organic meds ,and with time a more customized grower appears ,it's really about finding what you're plants like and having it available in the soil ,environment,temperature,humidity play a very big part as well ,sounds like you're learning and that's what it takes to be good at anything,I think you're lineup is very good so far ,maybe adding some worm castings for veg ,and a lil crushed into powered egg shells have also been good .i will also add eyes and the other growers in this lil community will definitely help you along with learning and growing fine herb ,in fact we all learn from each other,Welcome.

well nectur of the gods is okay man. a buddy grows with that and I have some of his smoke now. a little rough but for what your looking for it be perfect imo for you right now for simple bottle feeds. when your done this grow get with me prior to prepping your soil for next round please. ill help you the best I can and for me? its about the quality has little or ZERo to do with yield honestly. although i do like one of those too LOL! I want smooth as silk quality and NO harsh smoke,hot vapors nothing nadda. smooth fiull genetic tastey tastersons n stuff ya know! lol and a higher grade of cannabis that most can achive much less get. and now your on the right path :)
No record breaking yields,but quality over quantity eyes is on the money with that,and grey ash every time with no flush

Back