Outdoor Trailanimal's 2017 grows

bring em on home buddy!!
hows the ruf?
Well, work is going, slowly, got the regular camp chores to keep up with also. The wet rot was caused by an inadequate moisture barrier between the foam insulation and the heated living space. This one is totally on me, sigh. I wanted to have a vaulted ceiling in the cabin. I cut tight fitting foam boards and drove them between the rafters, tight! Not tight enough! I never finished the ceiling, just left the tight fitting foil backed foam as ceiling. Warm moist air from heated space found it's way up between foam and plywood to frost and melt and be trapped. All the foam came out, and now I'm adding another rafter under the existing rafters to created a deeper rafter bay to insulate. I'll insulate with fiberglass insulation keeping a 1&1/2" airspace between ply and insulation. The ridge vents it's entire length, and freeze blocking along the overhang have holes drilled to create a constant air flow over the insulation. Moisture barrier, and plywood finish it off. No more moisture problems, and I get to keep my vaulted ceiling.

hey @stedimed , thanks for watching the show
Enjoying every bit of it, a special thanks to you for allowing us to follow along with your adventures! I'm with Sensi on this one. Ya know, I grew up an "Outdoorsman" in the woods and on water in the upper Midwest and feel I've been fortunate to do so. Now, being a little older and more body wracked than I'd like to admit I still have that sense of adventure and being able to kinda live vicariously through you and others in your "far out" places with grows, adventures, and small mishaps is really cool. Each day we get to learn, share and enjoy growing this magical Medicine with people from all walks of life and that's exciting. So...thank you for the show Trail, much appreciated. :cools:

Back