Outdoor Trailanimal's 2017 grows

Finally an update.
A perfect storm of stupidity ended sour blues, she came up so strong and I missed it up. After getting over the shame and embarrassment I started to go back over it all. I know what I did, not sure why, and I know what to do going forward.
The last two springs I've grown in the window with the sun and a 25w led grow light, no reflective enclosure. I get all hot for reflectance and go for it. Do I test it first before subjecting live entities to unknowable stresses? No I don't. I'm building as I'm growing. I run the sides for a couple of days, seems ok. Then I put the back reflection panel on in the afternoon, went out to some chores, came back less than 2hrs later, hiroshima.
P1040135.JPG

I pull of the reflect, poor sour blues, head bent to soil, had given it up. Moonstone tango threw her root up an over in an arch as her head dug deeper and deeper into the root riot. I dig her out, her root already grown in two circles, her head looking green and fresh. I planted her up right, but Sharon tells me that later that eve the cat dug her out and she replanted. She looks good! She is in a 1/2 gal so I'm not concerned if she stunted. Just happy to have a green growing young one.
P1040199.JPG

Last edited:
The rainbow moonstone also dove deep into the root riot, planted just barely under, when dug up seed was like 5/8" into the root riot, and mush. Soaked a couple more seed until they sank and planted, one is out, not quite up, after a day in soil.
P1040207.JPG

Sour blues replanted to Indica Walter, she's up and reaching. Funny looking first leaves coming on, but seems to wanna do it!
P1040208.JPG

One of the reflectance issues is solar heat gain. the sun lights up the oven for about 9hr a day, peak about 7. During peak times I take down the back shield and one side wall. The side that gets directly lit in the evening stays up. When sun is mostly gone reflect comes back on to team with led. Led at 16/8 right now. I'm going to want full power when plants bigger, my plan for heat gain. Got 12v coming out of wall right next to window.
P1040195.JPG
I'm going to build sides out of plywood, cardboard good for modeling, something sturdier now. Can mount fans in ply, thermostatically controlled. Zip and I found the plywood yesterday!
P1040192.JPG

Last edited:
Finally an update.
A perfect storm of stupidity ended sour blues, she came up so strong and I missed it up. After getting over the shame and embarrassment I started to go back over it all. I know what I did, not sure why, and I know what to do going forward.
The last two springs I've grown in the window with the sun and a 25w led grow light, no reflective enclosure. I get all hot for reflectance and go for it. Do I test it first before subjecting live entities to unknowable stresses? No I don't. I'm building as I'm growing. I run the sides for a couple of days, seems ok. Then I put the back reflection panel on in the afternoon, went out to some chores, came back less than 2hrs later, hiroshima.View attachment 724135
I pull of the reflect, poor sour blues, head bent to soil, had given it up. Moonstone tango threw her root up an over in an arch as her head dug deeper and deeper into the root riot. I dig her out, her root already grown in two circles, her head looking green and fresh. I planted her up right, but later that eve Sharon tells me that the cat dug her out and she replanted. She looks good! She is in a 1/2 gal so I'm not concerned if she stunted. Just happy to have a green growing young one. View attachment 724146

Holy shit ! The little seed that could ! Oh I love your grow spot ! It's great that you can access that little piece of natural sunshine. I swear the day I can take my plants outside into real sunlight, my life will be complete. I've never grown a plant in the sun. My poor plants, never knowing the warmth of the Sun.

Thank goodness my plants can't talk and think complex thoughts, they'd be like -
"please put me outside man, I just want to get laid one time, and have some real light on my leaves !
I know your just fattening me up so you can murder me,
before I have a chance to die a peaceful natural death....
you're going to dehydrate me and have little cremation ceremonies with pieces of my body, just like you did with the others....aren't you ?
AREN'T YOU ?
Look at me damn it !!!
:smokeit:
:WTF::crying:
Sorry to hear you Sour Blues didn't make it. Sometimes we learn the hard way eh bro ? Best wishes in the future and good luck on a healthy and husky grow !

I'm currently growing a sour blues and an indica Walter both are nice ,but the indica Walter is a great white resin machine,sticky with a nice mango smell so far mines got time to go but boy is she nice,that Walter sure is a winner loved the grapey Walter as well a real nice dank .

I'm currently growing a sour blues and an indica Walter both are nice ,but the indica Walter is a great white resin machine,sticky with a nice mango smell so far mines got time to go but boy is she nice,that Walter sure is a winner loved the grapey Walter as well a real nice dank .
thanks for the lovely report, really spring now, got something growing!

Back