Outdoor Trailanimal 2022

The overflow channel is flowing....
P1030290.JPG

River ice hasn't budged. Gravel bars are inundated, happy water foul. Center ice is rotting, hopefully when it moves it's so soft can't make tight ice dams on the way down......
P1030279.JPG
P1030280.JPG

Lots of snow to melt.

The overflow channel is flowing....
River ice hasn't budged. Gravel bars are inundated, happy water foul. Center ice is rotting, hopefully when it moves it's so soft can't make tight ice dams on the way down......
Lots of snow to melt.
Truly stunning!

What fish do you get up there in the rivers? Also wanted to ask you if you ever wind dry any fish? Or all smoked? :pass:
thanks for the boost :d5: We got chum salmon, arctic char, grayling, pike, Sheefish, 3 strains white fish. Sheefish, largest member of the white fish tribe, can go 40 to 60 lbs.Biggest fish up here. Chum salmon males can go 35 lb. the others are considerably smaller.
Used to dry fish for dogs when I had bunch for mushing. I need to get a smoker going for Sharon and I this summer.

thanks for the boost :d5: We got chum salmon, arctic char, grayling, pike, Sheefish, 3 strains white fish. Sheefish, largest member of the white fish tribe, can go 40 to 60 lbs.Biggest fish up here. Chum salmon males can go 35 lb. the others are considerably smaller.
Used to dry fish for dogs when I had bunch for mushing. I need to get a smoker going for Sharon and I this summer.
Spent my childhood in a town called Grayling. The ausable river was chock full until fly fishing took hold. Grayling are so dumb, they will hit a cig butt. Explains their extinction in Michigan. Are they tasty?
What woods do you use to smoke fish?

Spent my childhood in a town called Grayling. The ausable river was chock full until fly fishing took hold. Grayling are so dumb, they will hit a cig butt. Explains their extinction in Michigan. Are they tasty?
What woods do you use to smoke fish?
They are delicate, good, fun to cook in the field over dry willow twigs. Dry willow don't make black smoke, good for bbq. They are indicator species. Only thrive in clean, clear, cold water. Over fishing will do them, but climate change warming water deprives them of the habitat they need to live.
Alder is good for smoking fish and hanging meat.

A sloppy mess, but got the new greenhouse cover on......
P1030313.JPG
P1030321.JPG

About 1/2 of the soil box thawed, top 4" was 40f. Filled four 10 gallon pots in greenhouse. By late evening potting soil was 60. It was 33 on floor of greenhouse yesterday morn, potting soil was 60. Around noon I dumped out the pots to warm soil ahead of planting, real quick to 75ish..........
P1030322.JPG

The first 4 D37.
WDA, topped, 30"........
P1030327.JPG

Bubba Trouble, topped, 30".......
P1030326.JPG

Zkittles Skunk, 29", topped.....
P1030325.JPG

Citrus Noir x Stone99 v6, 24", not topped......
P1030324.JPG

Last edited:
Back