Indoor “The Spider Mite Genocide Grow” Sour Crack, 3 Bears OG (Mephisto), LED, Cabinet Grow

Hmmm strange... I tried Neem on the Ivy when it got infected and it had little effect << admitedly I didn't try it on the Canna but I would have thought the effect was similar (Neem is just a foliar coating which they don't like). Outdoors all it takes is a large drop in temp (less than 20C + increase in humidity) for things to become uninhabitable for spider mite anyway so maybe you got lucky
Ivy May not take it in like canna does. Canna actually absorbs most anything in the soil. Thats why its so easy to screw em up.

What soil do you use? If it's generic stuff from garden center then it's probably not been heat treated to kill off any nasties. In the past I have used Dutch Pro, Sohum and now Biobizz and like I say never had any issues, if that cabinet is sealed and clean then it must be the soil??

I am moving soon and plan to build a cabinet with MDF as then I can make it look like a wardrobe haha but I will be making sure it is 100% sealed or as close to it.

Good luck with the grow.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/hazylazys-medicinal-garden-of-weeden.72145/

Thanks for the comments so far... since I have the Py / Bombs available (allotment and greenhouse leftovers) and have a very finite budget most months I will use these before trying Neem in soil/as a topical (that would fit into my eradication schedule in place of SB after mites detected after Py applications). I did think of Neem as a topical application only - but if has systemic properties that does seem more promising if only to interrupt the usual population regeneration after any treatment.

Apart from anything else posting this is an experiment in small space eradication - (others can learn and if Neem blitzes em later then cool) - I've lived with it long enough lol. I suspect tho that there are now 'hardy tribes' which can survive many treatments and that I may have one of them. Time will tell ... the whole purpose of this Journal.

Re the compost : I doubt the compost (but shit happens << I got thrips from them once and a cupboard full off replacements with apologies). I use Plagron BatMix (used to use the lighter mix in the top of pots but found it makes no difference in overall development << some strains start slower I suspect due to the rich mix but all end similar).

Predatory mites. You may need to run them for a bit, but they'll clean up your issue.

Hi thanks for all the suggestions so far.

If Neem goes systemic in any way that sounds promising, and could be used mixed with the SB wetting agent for a double whammy (from what I've read elsewhere). That might avoid a second Py treatment.

I had thought of natural predators but some people again only manage control - not eradication (and I already have control through the SB - but that is an incompatible mix << I might just be swapping one for the other).

Whatever happens I will smoke bomb the cabinet to start with. There is a small area (2" high with the footprint of the cabinet) that cannot be easily reached with any spray or well anything except air - it feeds the passive intakes through screened vents. While the vents and screens have been cleaned often this area hasn't, so it remains a reinfection source.

Alas I can't really move the cabinet unless I cut it free from it's ducting (lots of silicon sealant involved). Something I had only intended to do once, subject to a change in legality and the whole box room becoming a grow space << a scenario about as likely as an orderly Brexit or me giving up my workstations in the box/office for a fancy laptop :D

I have had issues with mites this year as well. It seems they like my autos more than the photoperiod stuff I have growing. I tried multiple formulas from the horticultural handbook and the only thing that worked was insecticidal soap. It worked but did curl some leaves. For indoor grow equipment you can't beat a UV sanitation light it kills everything.

Last edited:
I've gotten lucky and havent had spidermites yet. But im sure id use dr zymes eliminator first. Citric acid and enzymes.

Sent by a weed nerd