Photoperiod The landrace talk

tobe

I breed my seeds
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.net
Hi friends
I open this thread for all the people who like to talk about landraces.
Now some questions that might be interesting.

Where do you got your seeds from?

What do you do with your seeds preserve them or grow them for med?

Do you create hybrids with them?

Now some friends i have to tag
@pop22 @StickMan @Dr. Babnik

If you now somebody who also work with landraces feel free to tag him / her.

cu tobe

Strain : Morocco rif mountain

I got the seeds from a farmer in the rif mountain region. He is a friend from my family and produce some of the best hash i ever smoked. He gave me the seeds to work with because he know i like cannabis breeding and told me i have to test his seeds. He invited me to visit his farm with my family to see the traditional hash production and his fields.

I will use the seeds to preserve them and to create some new hybrids.

I also got some
Nigeria sativa
south Africa sativa
both are gifted buy a close friend to preserve them and to work with.

I got the seeds from a farmer in the rif mountain region. He is a friend from my family and produce some of the best hash i ever smoked. He gave me the seeds to work with because he know i like cannabis breeding and told me i have to test his seeds. He invited me to visit his farm with my family to see the traditional hash production and his fields.

I also got some
Nigeria sativa
south Africa sativa
Sweet I wish I had access to the original landrace strains. Where I am at a colombian or panamanian landrace would do well here in the caribbean. We get some jamaican weed locally but it is mass produced and low quality

"carpe diem et fumus enim viriditas"

I also got some
Nigeria sativa
south Africa sativa

Thats the type of friends i love! I got my seeds by purchase. Just made a list of seedbanks that have some interesting genetics i bought:

https://therealseedcompany.com/

http://www.worldofseeds.eu/

http://www.aceseeds.org/

http://www.seedsman.com/ they do offer a lot of seeds from different seedbanks but have also a nice variety of house strains including some pure sativas and indicas from different parts of the world!

Strains i got relating to topic, praise the squirrel!
iu

Seedsman: Mama Thai 100% sat. //African Buzz 100% sat. //Hash Passion (Morocco) 100% ind. //Narkush (Hindu-Kush) 100% ind. //Orig. Afghani#1 (1970s) 100% ind.
The Real Seed Comp.: Sinai (Egypt In.+Sat.) //Mazar-I-Sharif (Afghanistan) 100% ind.
World of Seeds: South African Kwazulu (Zulu Tribe South Afr.) 100% sat. //Wild Thailand 100%? Sat.
Dutch Passion: Durban Poison (Africa, Durban) 100 sat.

All regular Seeds of course, i may forgot some strains I may have that should be the most. I counted all those as Landraces or at least pure lines. The Sinai strain goes back to biblical times but still has sativa and indica phneos, is indeed a landraces but is not a pure sat. or ind. I'm cool with all of this :d5:
:smoking:

Last edited:
Very interested and my main focus of interest is hash plants,I do also love sativa landraces as well but in my pnw Oregon environment,indicas mainly afghanica crosses I am running a cross of the puck (89 super skelly pnw hash plant) a 70s afghani landrace considered by many heads to be the best hash plant ,Neville used it for his projects,many believe it fathered hp13 as well ,the skelly I'm running 3 ,all of them so far are afghani dominate and don't really show legend og traits ,I'm running a skelly og ,but would love a pure skelly but unfortunately the 89 skelly has been clone only for decades,kept hidden in closets waiting to emerge if legalization happens.

Strains i got relating to topic, praise the squirrel!
iu

Seedsman: Mama Thai 100% sat. //African Buzz 100% sat. //Hash Passion (Morocco) 100% ind. //Narkush (Hindu-Kush) 100% ind. //Orig. Afghani#1 (1970s) 100% ind.
The Real Seed Comp.: Sinai (Egypt In.+Sat.) //Mazar-I-Sharif (Afghanistan) 100% ind.
World of Seeds: South African Kwazulu (Zulu Tribe South Afr.) 100% sat. //Wild Thailand 100%? Sat.
Dutch Passion: Durban Poison (Africa, Durban) 100 sat.

All regular Seeds of course, i may forgot some strains I may have that should be the most. I counted all those as Landraces or at least pure lines. The Sinai strain goes back to biblical times but still has sativa and indica phneos, is indeed a landraces but is not a pure sat. or ind. I'm cool with all of this :d5:
:smoking:
First time I have heard anyone else mention Sinai, was a time where I craved it, and its still in my mind. How did yours turn out?

I had been on the landrace hunt for a while. It is a passion, thanks for starting the thread.
I think I only have a couple of something that can be considered landrace. Delta 9 Mazar, and WOS real thailand. Now whether or not a variety is a landrace is always something debateable. Landrace, any indigenous variety that has been altered by selection in any way by an indigenous population.
Selection in any way, however this selected variety still maintains wild populations that are organically open-air polinated. Thus allowing the free exchange of genes within a given gene pool. The gene pool must not contain the genes of other strains or varieties otherwise the landrace population has been adulterated. There are quite a few landraces available, but if you examine their lineage and origin you may find certain varieties aren't actually indigenous to the locale that claims their origin.
I love all of AFN:bighug:, so this is not a way to belittle varieties. No offense to anyone.

I had been on the landrace hunt for a while. It is a passion, thanks for starting the thread.
I think I only have a couple of something that can be considered landrace. Delta 9 Mazar, and WOS real thailand. Now whether or not a variety is a landrace is always something debateable. Landrace, any indigenous variety that has been altered by selection in any way by an indigenous population.
Selection in any way, however this selected variety still maintains wild populations that are organically open-air polinated. Thus allowing the free exchange of genes within a given gene pool. The gene pool must not contain the genes of other strains or varieties otherwise the landrace population has been adulterated. There are quite a few landraces available, but if you examine their lineage and origin you may find certain varieties aren't actually indigenous to the locale that claims their origin.
I love all of AFN:bighug:, so this is not a way to belittle varieties. No offense to anyone.
You have a very valid point, which is so important in this day when so many don't cherish this plant, and do unscrupulous practices to sell seeds. Saying that, it is SO important to either personally know or trust the people we are obtaining out land race seed stock from.

Peace

Many island nations may claim varieties, but there aren't any indigenous varieties in Hawaii or Jamaica. Doesn't mean what they produce isn't high grade flower. There were many sources that could have contributed to the varieties of Cannabis found there. If it is not in the historical record and archaeological record for a region, then it is difficult to determine exactly how it arrived there. That's the key, as humans traveled they took with them the seeds of the future. Whether willingly or not populations carried their indigenous varieties to new places. Hemp has been known of since at least the pleistocene and most likely before it. The Yang Shao culture of China shows this. If humans used it before the common era, how far back do the origins of strains we know go? Over 50 million years. Cannabis has been with humans as long as we as a species have existed. In that time, millions of people lived, loved, and ingested Canna. They spread to all corners. If we are to truly know the origins of Cannabis and landraces, it must be done through genetic research. The people of earth can not be freed until we are allowed to study the past. There are those who seek to keep earth enslaved, corporations and industries who fear competition and progress. We must overcome downpression to have our medicine and the truth of its origin.

Last edited:
Back