New Grower The KB's First Grow - Sweet Seeds Autos

Reaction score
hi guys,

its gonna be my first grow. got the shittiest start ever already.. :bow: no light yet with me. and chances are im gonna get CXB3590 COBs for DIY. limited availability and stupid high shipping costs suck really...

well, to cut it short, so far i have Soil which says:

"Mixture of slightly and fully decomposed raised bog peat (H2-H8), Sand, Clay and N-P-K fertilizer"
ingredients:
160-240mg/L Nitrogen
170-250mg/L Phosphate
200-280mg/L Potassium
and some trace elements
ph balanced at 5-6 with CaCl2​

for seed germination, i have got very small pots, (i think i got them too small), around 3" diameter and 3" height

and now the seeds:
i have following Autoflower Feminized strains by Sweet Seeds:

+Speed
Devil Cream
Sweet Skunk
Cream Mandarin​

since its my first grow and i don't wanna waste seeds, i am planning to do the following right now:

1. Soak 2 seeds in water (drinking water) for 24 hours max or till they sink. will check after 8 hours

2. fill small pots with soil mix and water it thoroughly and put it aside. (question: should i water them just before planting seeds in them? like a couple of hours before planting?)

3. cover the pot with a plate or something and put it away from direct light
4. wait for miracle to happen :smokeout:

very shaky start but please feel free to suggest anything and all feedback and suggestions are more than welcome.

will update pics as soon as i see LIFE!!!!! :smoking:

Last edited:
I tend to soak the seeds(usually 18-24hrs for me). Once the seeds are ready, prepare the pot. Lightly wet soil(a couple of inchs then mist/wet and repeat till happy with pot content...remembering that you may want to `top up the soil level`(sometimes seedlings stretch a bit and may benefit from `Advantageous Roots`(for structual/bud support later on). I prefer to use cling film(rather than a saucer etc) for humidity purposes once a bean is planted! Your medium needs to be `wet/damp/moist`, but the amount of wet depends on your grow enviroment(imo). You Do Not want to overwater(it`s always easier to rescue a plant with a`a drink`, than it is to try to save a girl from overwatering, rootrot, dampenin` off etc. Add some perlite if applicable to your choice of medium. Don`t add nutes for a couple of weeks...
...Get a pH meter, it will be such a pal, it really will! That`s all f`now(cos I`m trying to listen to the footie! ;) ). I`m sure you`ll get more in-depth answers soon anyways. Try not t` stress too much though buddy, if it goes tits-up(which I`m sure it wont btw!), then have another go(like I said already, I`m sure it`ll all go fine mate...Enjoy! :pass:

Thanks for the direction krug, Noted!

clingfilm replaces saucer! and will try to prepare pot with water as you said. will top up if soil level sinks a little with watering and water again to prepare soil for seed

Checked the seeds after 12 hours and both of them were sitting at the bottom.
Prepared 2 small pots and planted seeds at around 1cm depth
covered the pots with clingfilm and put them aside in the corner of room.

and the wait for Life continues............ :smoking:

Sounds like a good strategy!

Beginners luck???? lol.. After exactly 48 hours, both the seeds broke the soil today.. cant explain the feeling in words as these are the only two seeds i have germinated in my entire life.. loll.. :woohoo:

Both seeds are +Speed Autoflower by Sweet Seeds

just removed the cling film, put them in room light 4x27W cool white CFLs for now as i was getting late for office. plan to put them under 2x42W cool white spectrum CFLs in the evening.

One of the plant has seed still attached to it i guess but didn't dare to touch it.

in the meantime i have put 2 seeds of Devil Cream Auto and 1 seed of Sweet Skunk Auto in water. i will pot them up in the evening too!!

DSC_0156.jpg
DSC_0158.jpg

Beginners luck???? lol.. After exactly 48 hours, both the seeds broke the soil today.. cant explain the feeling in words as these are the only two seeds i have germinated in my entire life.. loll.. :woohoo:

Both seeds are +Speed Autoflower by Sweet Seeds

just removed the cling film, put them in room light 4x27W cool white CFLs for now as i was getting late for office. plan to put them under 2x42W cool white spectrum CFLs in the evening.

One of the plant has seed still attached to it i guess but didn't dare to touch it.

in the meantime i have put 2 seeds of Devil Cream Auto and 1 seed of Sweet Skunk Auto in water. i will pot them up in the evening too!!

View attachment 559698 View attachment 559699
Congrat!
Good seeds.

Thanks Doc..

do they look ok? worried about the plant with seed stuck to it!! i hope they both get prettier by the evening.. :biggrin:

just got a couple of CFLs.. will put them on babies around 12inch height.. no idea about schedule of light yet.. 24/7 for now..
uploadfromtaptalk1461861522019.jpg

both plants put under 2x42W CFLs... the pokemon seed shell is still trying to eat my baby! what can i doo?????? how much can it hurt the plant?? :(

DSC_0161.jpg

the second plant looks better...

DSC_0162.jpg

Back