Indoor THE HYBRID HEMPY BUCKET trial run

Thanks for the invite
for sure man. just trying to get this a little attention since its really starting to actually blow up. feel free to move this thread to appropriate place as well.
thanks for the support guys. really. i cant wait to chop and look at the root system. im really excited to see what it did under the soil

Got roots?
Hard to see with the phone pics. But they are turning to an underwater jungle

IMG_20170428_155003.jpg
IMG_20170428_153938.jpg
IMG_20170428_154821.jpg

This is great! I already have airpump and 5 gallon buckets and all that stuff but i could not wam my heart for a full hydro grow since i dont even want to buy hydro nutes and prefer soil plants in taste and all. But this hybrid way looks like melting the benefiting sides of two worlds together. I would like to receive all the infos and dos and donts you've figured out by now since i want to do this 2 and have to check out if my way of fertilizing will work on that method, I'd also change some details but you've done a outstanding job so far! Respect, not only for the success you got but for the balls to go a new way. :toke:

This is great! I already have airpump and 5 gallon buckets and all that stuff but i could not wam my heart for a full hydro grow since i dont even want to buy hydro nutes and prefer soil plants in taste and all. But this hybrid way looks like melting the benefiting sides of two worlds together. I would like to receive all the infos and dos and donts you've figured out by now since i want to do this 2 and have to check out if my way of fertilizing will work on that method, I'd also change some details but you've done a outstanding job so far! Respect, not only for the success you got but for the balls to go a new way. :toke:
oh absolutely brother. appreciate the compliments. and yes i have tons of ideas for next run.

1st dont. is dont use small ass perlite.
2nd dont. is dont plant too many plants in tent lolol. jk

a big do. use larger perlite. extra extra large. "going to try grow stones next time" thanks @1939bear

another thing i should have done is used a solo cup tier method with the soil top. and maybe even an inch less soil in bucket. since youre buying a few extra inches with the solo cup.

should have 100% drilled more holes larger holes and brought the holes up higher. and put holes into the bottom of the grow bucket. "using larger rocks"

now that i have a great idea of what just the soil hempy part did and having to add the dwc after. highly recommend mounting the bucket in some way or as i think im going to do. "should have put my bucket higher in the rez bucket."

pvc pipe with a ton of holes. a big pipe. like an 8 inch round 6-7 inch tall piece. provides great support for grow bucket and protection for airstone. more room for roots to hang into the water of external rez.
also having the air added earlier is just going to do so much better. but essentially next run im trying to make the bottom of my bucket just a "net" up to the soil mark maybe an inch or 2 below. and have the rest submerged and more room under the grow bucket for roots.

also. ill add a drain hose to the bottom next run. a just in case thing. if things get hairy. ph or nute issues. need new water. need to be able to drain.

and really tickled in the best kinda way this is becoming a real thing. thrilled you want to try it. to me this is becoming a huge accomplishment of the few that i have lol.

and any questions or ideas to further push this to better feel free to add them man. i love the input!

oh and also. i think ill try a 3 gallon grow bucket next time. inside the 10 gallon trash can. going to eventually probably convert over to these entirely if things keep like this and have 4 set ups in the tent.

pros im seeing in both hydro and soil world. is less of each. soil is expensive. and 15-25 gallons of water is not the cheapest to keep totally maintained.

also giving the plant evertything it needs to thrive. soil to eat. air and water. not going to say this is the cheapest route by any means. but its definitely a fair way to get both at a very decent price.

Day 36-37 ish. She is blowing up. Got a few solo shots while I was re arranging and cleaning tent.
Air stone went out. Not sure why. But I lifted bucket up to put the hose from Stone into bucket. Roots are hanging a good 6 inches already. From all sides of the bucket. She is the biggest girl in the tent.
And still growing
IMG_20170429_121045.jpg
IMG_20170429_121012.jpg
IMG_20170429_121149.jpg

Back