Status
Not open for further replies.
@Equatorial, that looks a bit like the roots have had a hard time and been damaged and are not recovering well.

Well, never did anything to them roots. But even if its really that, its too late for her. And really nothing I can do either. Hopefully she lives for another 2 to 3 weeks. Is all I ask for.

Shit happens especially in my non ideal conditions. I have learned to appreciate it. A bit cliche but it teaches me to get better at handling curveballs that life throws at me. If I cannot handle a grow gone wrong, what chance do I have at overcoming any real life problems? There is always the next round!

Really appreciate your feedback always bro! Your plants are amazing. Hope I can grow them like you do soon!

Well, never did anything to them roots. But even if its really that, its too late for her. And really nothing I can do either. Hopefully she lives for another 2 to 3 weeks. Is all I ask for.

Shit happens especially in my non ideal conditions. I have learned to appreciate it. A bit cliche but it teaches me to get better at handling curveballs that life throws at me. If I cannot handle a grow gone wrong, what chance do I have at overcoming any real life problems? There is always the next round!

Really appreciate your feedback always bro! Your plants are amazing. Hope I can grow them like you do soon!

I just said that because, I figured it's obviously not soil or nutrients or stuff that would show up elsewhere, and I very recently damaged the roots on my glueberry which I eventually threw out after a few weeks. She was showing nutrient deficiency which I knew was impossible and other crap. When I eventually pulled her up, the roots were white and healthy but super sparse, with a taproot and just some wisps coming off it. I was getting a bit too gung ho and rough. And in the clay balls if they move a bit I could see that early roots could tear. Anyway this is just something to think about. But if you want easy, then you really must give hydro a go, then you get rid of a whole bunch of variables. I'd like to give soil a go but every time I'm about to I wonder 'why'? It seems like I'm just asking for trouble.

I just said that because, I figured it's obviously not soil or nutrients or stuff that would show up elsewhere, and I very recently damaged the roots on my glueberry which I eventually threw out after a few weeks. She was showing nutrient deficiency which I knew was impossible and other crap. When I eventually pulled her up, the roots were white and healthy but super sparse, with a taproot and just some wisps coming off it. I was getting a bit too gung ho and rough. And in the clay balls if they move a bit I could see that early roots could tear. Anyway this is just something to think about. But if you want easy, then you really must give hydro a go, then you get rid of a whole bunch of variables. I'd like to give soil a go but every time I'm about to I wonder 'why'? It seems like I'm just asking for trouble.
I just ramble on to unrelated stuff all the time. Probably cos I'm baked all the time.

But you really hit the nail on my head bro. I have seen hydro monsters that I can never achieve on my best day.

One thing stopping me is the humidity it must create on top of my already very humid climate. Hydro requires dialed in conditions which I cannot even come close to providing. My VPD fluctuates and varies daily. I'm worried about what it may mean in hydro. Also I won't be able to move them out daily for sunlight like i currently do. Thats not a deal breaker though.

Am I overworrying? Or is hydro still a good choice for me? I really want to try it though.

Update Week 9 & 10

Tag:- @archie gemmill (for General Battle)

Due to problems with AFN and not able to upload, this update covers 2 weeks.

Changes made:-

Constant adjustment of the Environment control as it has been hot here, Temps and Rh% have been hard to keep on point.

Had to break her neck twice as she was going to hit the top of the tent.

She is a big girl.

H.S.O. Dedoverde Haze - Plant 2

29th June 2019 Plant 2.jpg

29th June 2019 Plant 2 Mid Level Bud.jpg

24th June 2019 Plant 2 Bud.jpg

:pass:

Am I overworrying? Or is hydro still a good choice for me? I really want to try it though.

Going by my own experience yes, you are over worrying but I fully understand that because I've been there. I went into the forest and I did not forget why I went into the forest. My over arching philosophy is how can everything be made more and more minimal, more simple less bother and so forth. Same with pH, pens are a complete waste of brain space, the indicator liquid is much easier and better to use. Just keep it yellow and you're golden.

OK I'm in an open room and so that is important if you have humidity problems as I do. all I have for ventilation is a pedestal fan mixing the air around, I use defoliation too to control the humidity. I'm now finding that it's not really much of a problem at all if any. For me the VPD is what it is. I did get a 250W 10L dehumidifier which I used for a few weeks at the end of my last grow. I will have to keep a close eye out for any bud rot, but if I'm vigilant that should not be a problem.

I've just updated my shallow water culture thread which is just testing out a simply hydro, that doesn't need any extra air. https://www.autoflower.org/threads/diy-shallow-water-culture.72077/

Going by my own experience yes, you are over worrying but I fully understand that because I've been there. I went into the forest and I did not forget why I went into the forest. My over arching philosophy is how can everything be made more and more minimal, more simple less bother and so forth. Same with pH, pens are a complete waste of brain space, the indicator liquid is much easier and better to use. Just keep it yellow and you're golden.

OK I'm in an open room and so that is important if you have humidity problems as I do. all I have for ventilation is a pedestal fan mixing the air around, I use defoliation too to control the humidity. I'm now finding that it's not really much of a problem at all if any. For me the VPD is what it is. I did get a 250W 10L dehumidifier which I used for a few weeks at the end of my last grow. I will have to keep a close eye out for any bud rot, but if I'm vigilant that should not be a problem.

I've just updated my shallow water culture thread which is just testing out a simply hydro, that doesn't need any extra air.
So many types of hydro making my head hurt lol

You got a good guide for me buddy?

Dinafem battle gladiators — thanks for your updates, wherever you posted them! I am in the process of updating threadmarks now and will get a status update to you shortly. Thank you for your patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back