I don't like rapid rooters. They restrict fast root development early on and can actually somewhat strangle the stems when they get older. I've done side by sides with rapid rooters, rockwool and old fashioned Styrofoam cups. My 50/50 coco perilite mix in cups was always faster and healthier then rockwool then rooters.
Ive tested seed/cutting mediums multiple times using a wide variety of nutrients and found rockwool best for the strength and quality of the roots and canna seedmix best for the time taken for roots to appear out the bottom. In order, i would put it..
1. Rockwool
2. Canna seed mix
3. Jiffy plugs.
4. Root riots.
5. Coco or soil mixed with perlite ( there was pretty much no difference at all between these).

And with any of them i found that proactive root stim was the best feed hands down, second to that was a mix of canna rhizotonic and growth technology formulex!

Il post some pics soon ✌✌

Ive tested seed/cutting mediums multiple times using a wide variety of nutrients and found rockwool best for the strength and quality of the roots and canna seedmix best for the time taken for roots to appear out the bottom. In order, i would put it..
1. Rockwool
2. Canna seed mix
3. Jiffy plugs.
4. Root riots.
5. Coco or soil mixed with perlite ( there was pretty much no difference at all between these).

And with any of them i found that proactive root stim was the best feed hands down, second to that was a mix of canna rhizotonic and growth technology formulex!

Thanks for the reply m8 I'm going to try out rockwool next I do like the jiffy cubes got nice results with them but always trying to find better kwam
I used cannabis rhizotonic for a long time but now prefer plant magic it stinks to high he'll but work great I also use growth tech but hands down plant magic is best in my experience
20190312_151439.jpg

Thanks for the reply m8 I'm going to try out rockwool next I do like the jiffy cubes got nice results with them but always trying to find better kwam
I used cannabis rhizotonic for a long time but now prefer plant magic it stinks to high he'll but work great I also use growth tech but hands down plant magic is best in my experience View attachment 1027750
You ever heard of a guy Jeff Winterborne??
He developed the entire proactive range, have a look at it! Ive tried the root stim and the pk boost, the root stim is honestly all il ever use again for seeds and cuttings ✌✌

IMG_20181224_185418.jpg

1. Rockwool
2. Canna seed mix
3. Jiffy plugs.
4. Root riots.

Depends on your coco mix I use bigger fiber coco for germination and chunky perilite bc it gives alot of air and dosent hold as much water to prevent the dampening off and the roots have very little restriction. Also I use kelp and voodoo juice to ignite root growth. But rockwools hard to beat. Seedlings love it as long as they get a 50% dryback in between waterings. The biggest mistake I see most ppl make is big pot little plant. I see people starting in 3-5 gallon pots to prevent transplant shock but it slows growth and you have way higher chances of dampening off than transplant shock. But to each their own everyone has their methods.

You ever heard of a guy Jeff Winterborne??
He developed the entire proactive range, have a look at it! Ive tried the root stim and the pk boost, the root stim is honestly all il ever use again for seeds and cuttings ✌✌

View attachment 1027760
And cures acne at the same time.

You ever used jiffy coco cubes?
Nah every time I try something new it's always slower but that's most likely bc I have my method and got it dialed in and there's always a learning curve with new things. My biggest issue with all the plugs and cubes are they have a straight skinny channel and half the time my taproots aren't straight they wonder a bit and if you try to straighten out a tap root we all know what happens. And I like to add more coco after they have sprouted a bit for stability and strength if needed.

I don't do humidity domes neither. Imo they cause problems
Agreed. And all that humidity in the dome prevents the plant from having to seek out moisture with it's roots. I'll use a soda bottle with the top off here and there if I got low humidy for flowering plants in the same space but I don't like doing it bc they need the air movement.

Back