Lighting Test grow with DIY light (4x Citizen CLU048 with 200w meanwell driver / DP AutoEuforia)

Hey guys! Thank you for the compliments! Sorry I have been super busy lately and falling behind this growlog..

I will give you a proper update soon! It is going good but man this one takes her time, it seems!

DAY 69

pH 6.2
EC 1.26

Light wattage used: 150w (approx.)
Distance to canopy 40cm / 16 inches

Perhaps I was too hopeful but I was wrong. Last two weeks have been vertical growth still and I have exhausted all the methods available to try to control this plant from growing anymore. Finally it seems that these budlings are starting to have some action and that the vertical growth has halted. It is day 69 and when you look at the budsites, they look more typical of day 40 autoflowering cannabis plant. It's insane. Stalk is now 5cm thick.

I've done LST at first but I soon realized it was far too busy around the growspace to bend anything anywhere so I had to resort to some mild forms of super cropping and heavy defoliation. I've must taken some good bucketful of largest fanleaves out. I think this was neccessary since the plant was basicly choking itself out in that space. I may need to remove more leaves in coming day to let the light in better and allow more airflow around the budsites. I have my light fixture as high as I can place it in the growcabinet and that allows me some 40cm / 16 inches space for the light and canopy. This inevitably causes some lightburn to the leaves at the top but I do not have any other options at this point. Lets just hope we start to get some serious bud -action going on from now on. I am starting to get bored of all the stem and no fun.

PICS

AE D69 topshot.JPG

AE D69 sideshot.JPG

AE D69 overview.JPG

AE D69 budstage.JPG

Last edited:
Had a sneaky suspicion that this was actually a photo, so its good to see it finally budding. It's a 100+ dayer, I'd expect it to be a fine sativa, it's shown all the hallmarks.

Last edited:
DAY 81

pH 6.2
EC 1.12
RH 50

Couple weeks have passed again and not much progress at all. Budlings are starting to gain some mass but nothing too much yet. Leaves are getting lightburn so I dialed down the overall wattage to 100w to give her a break. I got to say I am getting quite tired of watching this thing in idle for so long. Lets hope she starts to fatten up soon.

AE D81 overview.JPG

AE D81 bud01.JPG

AE D81 bud02.JPG

Hope she finally takes off for you mate- looks like she could take another 4 or 5 weeks to fatten up

That is a very, very big girl.. Sometimes it takes big girls awhile to get things done..
That thing will be monstrous.

She is an absolute beast, at least you know in a month or so you'll have a lot of bud.

Thanks for the encouragement guys! Doing autoflowers has made me so impatient over the years :haha:

Yeah I could see some brown pistils on some of the budlings but I guess that is due to light stress. I think I continue with only 100w for this week or so just to be gentle. I cannot wait to see this girl fatten up!

Back