Outdoor Tajikistani Hash

buds swelling and purple colour becoming more prominent. Night time temps in this room at this time of year are in the high 60s, daytime 76, so that could be helping bring out the colour.
IMG_20191115_133448.jpg

Shout out to @MissUniverse for the BT suggestion. I now have a bottle and I plan to drench everyone in the house, including the houseplants. This autumn was a powdery mildew nightmare, and there's no keeping the spores outdoors. This company's products aren't sold up here in the cold north. Don't think they've ever experienced our wet, then hot, then humid as hell summers. Thanks again!

Second clones about three feet tall now, very full on bottom, time to take the next set of cuttings. I'll take one or two from each, then let these veg until the new autos are done, around February. Then I'll flip these two.

(Ignore that other pot - that is now a six month old blue dreammatic - in corner on a time-out with a dunce cap).

It's interesting that the clones, since they were cut from the bottom branches, have a longer leaf structure than the ones grown from seed.

The two pollinated girls are finally starting to dry on the stalk. I took them out from under the lights once the seeds started to set and just put them in front of the window. With the short day length now they will simply complete the cycle and die. Seeds soon!

2ndclones1215.jpg

The two clones from my second set of clones, vegging away at five feet, awaiting springtime and some time outdoors. Finally kicked the powdery mildew in here, took about a month for them to shed the bad leaves after the outbreak. BT for the freaking win!
Note to all gardeners: Powdery mildew is insidious, it comes indoors too. Always burn or otherwise destroy infected leaves, NEVER compost them. And don't give up on your plants, just let the BT work through them and rid you of it naturally. (Takes patience).

tajjan16.jpg

Back