Sweet gelato auto looking a bit nasty... any ideas?

So, to update...

Looks like this might have been pH. I think my pH was a bit off whack (I live in a hard water area and I'm still quite new to all this), and the hot temperature made this worse, so there was a real lack of nutrient uptake going on. My pH mater was also faulty, which didn't help.

I ended up going with pH down, and cal-mag (after a bit of deficiency signs). Also added an SF-1000 light, moved everything indoors, and kept a close eye on RH and temperature.

Then we got thrips! I got rid of them with a neem oil spray, coffee grounds and a nightly shake. We've been thrip free (from what I can tell) for a couple of weeks now.

The Sweet Gelato Auto now has buds growing, and they've got bigger recently so it looks like I'l get some yield!

It's gone from this (49 days ago):
20200824_183058.jpg
To this (4 days ago):
20201008_181708.jpg

The Auto Massassin that also had the same thing going on (small plant in earlier posts) has turned in to some kind on monster.

It's gone from this (34 days ago):
20200908_210103.jpg

To this monster (4 days ago):
20201008_181702.jpg

The auto massassin has just stated flowering, and I hope it fattens up rather than growing a load more, as headroom is running out.

Anyway, see what you think XXXX

Good job turning those round m8.. looks like your at least gonna get some gelato buds.. hope the other girl buds up for ya.. great recovery :d5:

Good job turning those round m8.. looks like your at least gonna get some gelato buds.. hope the other girl buds up for ya.. great recovery :d5:
Thanks man, that's nice of you to say. I must admit I've been a bit surprised by the turn around, and I was even considering binning problem plants at one point!

I'm glad I've persevered though, it seems like it might pay off! I'll post the final results when I have them.

In the meantime, I'll be keeping an eye on the pH!

The results are in!

Sweet Auto Gelato = 18.2g dry
This plant was pretty broken by the saga. The fan leaves were only 3 instead of 4 fingered all the way from when it went bad. The root ball a the end was a lost smaller than I'd expect and the plant itself was only around 30CM in height. That said, although the yield was a bit disappointing, it was quite a nice smoke.

Auto Massassin (Critical Mass Collective) = 60.4g dry
This one was affected when it was still quite small, with only 3 tiers of leaves. It made a good comeback, though, turning in to the biggest I've grown so far at around 1M in height (it would have been taller but I had to stress train the main cola over as I was running out of vertical grow space). This is only my 5th harvest. The yield was also the largest I've had by about 27g, and the nugs are sweet. sticky, and nice to smoke. Would recommend.

Looking back, I think a messed up pH and high temperatures were what caused the problems. Possibly a bit of over watering going on there as well.

Anyway... nice one XXX

Back