Suspected Zinc Deficiency - Dwarf Low Flyer & Auto Gelato

So then, this is unavoidable with Autopots/bottom feeding? In other words for every grow they're going to require a mid-grow flush? Or pre-flower flush at least? If so, may just give a deep water culture system a shot. This was my 1st Autopot attempt. Went real easy through VEG stage.
I started using autopots a couple cycles ago. When I was getting ready to use them, I hit up several of the auto pot gurus on here. It seems a lot of folks do not flush, or will flush them if there is an issue. Some folks recommend a flush. Pretty much any answer you are looking for.

A lot of how much the salt builds up in autopots will depend on how high your ppms are. If you are constantly pushing the ppm limits you will most likely end up with your current issue. But there will always be a build up.

I have also decided on a flush at 30 days and another 60 days. This seems to work well for me. I usually run around 350 ppms.

I really like my autopots. After you run a cycle or two and fine tune it, it is easy the whole grow. I have always been intrigued by DWC as well, but I'm pretty sure that is way more work than flushing the autopots a couple times a grow, maybe I'm wrong.

Either way, nice to meet you :toke: and good luck!
:pass::cheers:

Thanks man! Actually since I've been running the nutes at about 2x the recommended PPM, I'm lucky they did so well for so long. All of veg was pretty much flawless even with my exuberant feed regimen. Did low stress training and the autopots were essentially maintenance free until now (week 11ish). So may give them another grow. I'm experimenting with pure hydro using a small GH rainforest unit, and it has been pretty maintenance free as well. Growth rates with it are absolutely ridiculous, very fast. Water changes kinda suck when roots get big, but with a DWC I'd use a pump. These are the systems I was looking at for that.

I started using autopots a couple cycles ago. When I was getting ready to use them, I hit up several of the auto pot gurus on here. It seems a lot of folks do not flush, or will flush them if there is an issue. Some folks recommend a flush. Pretty much any answer you are looking for.

A lot of how much the salt builds up in autopots will depend on how high your ppms are. If you are constantly pushing the ppm limits you will most likely end up with your current issue. But there will always be a build up.

I have also decided on a flush at 30 days and another 60 days. This seems to work well for me. I usually run around 350 ppms.

I really like my autopots. After you run a cycle or two and fine tune it, it is easy the whole grow. I have always been intrigued by DWC as well, but I'm pretty sure that is way more work than flushing the autopots a couple times a grow, maybe I'm wrong.

Either way, nice to meet you :toke: and good luck!
:pass::cheers:

Back