New Grower Suki's Perpetual Grow-a-thon

Day 12 - SBAK #2
20220201_173524.jpg

She's gotta be pretty happy cause I've never seen a second set of leaves with 5 blades before lol.

Suki, I am putting this up here and maybe others can comment. Some of the plants do not look so good which is always stressful. Growing in the living soil is a mystery to me. I have been using the dry amendments and feel I have little control compared to bottled. Especially coming from running Nectar for the Gods. I was thinking about getting a soil test kit They have them on Amazon and are relatively cheap. It would be easier to see where the soil is in NPK. In my case, it has been hard to tell when I need to add more dry amendments or the amount. I have no clue where I am at with nutes, slurry testing not that helpful. Things have been growing good, but I see a few things here and there, and things can change quickly.

Suki, I am putting this up here and maybe others can comment. Some of the plants do not look so good which is always stressful. Growing in the living soil is a mystery to me. I have been using the dry amendments and feel I have little control compared to bottled. Especially coming from running Nectar for the Gods. I was thinking about getting a soil test kit They have them on Amazon and are relatively cheap. It would be easier to see where the soil is in NPK. In my case, it has been hard to tell when I need to add more dry amendments or the amount. I have no clue where I am at with nutes, slurry testing not that helpful. Things have been growing good, but I see a few things here and there, and things can change quickly.
This is all the same soil that was freshly mixed in December. I do not believe any of my issues are due to the make up of the soil at the moment. All of my plants that look shitty were either in tiny pots for too long or are in solos which I clearly am not good with. I have no doubt that my soil is fine at this point as it has never been used previously and as such has no need to be reammended. There is no great mystery here imo, I couldn't get my husband to help me with the heavy lifting I needed quickly enough to get the soil properly warmed up before moving the babies. Yeah, I could have done it myself and tbh I should have just done it but the idea of trying to climb over a 2.5' snow drift with 10gal pots of soil in flip flops wasn't something I was super comfortable with considering the effects on my balance that stem from my disabilities. The top of the soil was at a good temp but the center of the pots were still ice cold when I transplanted. I didn't realize how bad it was until it was too late and it was not able to be avoided since they were in desperate need of a transplant at the time and were starting to go south on me in their tiny pots.

Thanks for the rep @CannabisMingus! My RSD is really bad today so I apologize if I came off as prickly @olbobcat, just been one of those days where it feels like everything is a criticism lol. It definitely is super frustrating to not be able to figure out what is wrong with the plants though, or to feel like it's something you're doing wrong. I would definitely be more concerned about the soil content if I were having issues across the board, but I truly don't believe that is the issue here. I am bummed that I'm having so much trouble, but its just another learning experience. Think I need to find some sort of probe thermometer that can read low temps as well as high ones, the only thing I can think that would work for checking soil temps that I have on hand would be hubby's meat thermometer and I have no idea what the temp range is on that and I can only imagine the shit fit he would throw if he were to find out I was using it to check soil temps lol, especially considering how pissy he gets about my rinsing dirt off my hands in the sink (nevermind the fact that his hair is more than likely the cause of the clog, not the dirt from my fingers :face:). Maybe I'll go disassemble it now and leave him a nice little dead mouse sized glob of long dark hairs to prove my point :rofl: like I said, prickly.

Thanks for the rep @CannabisMingus! My RSD is really bad today so I apologize if I came off as prickly @olbobcat, just been one of those days where it feels like everything is a criticism lol. It definitely is super frustrating to not be able to figure out what is wrong with the plants though, or to feel like it's something you're doing wrong. I would definitely be more concerned about the soil content if I were having issues across the board, but I truly don't believe that is the issue here. I am bummed that I'm having so much trouble, but its just another learning experience. Think I need to find some sort of probe thermometer that can read low temps as well as high ones, the only thing I can think that would work for checking soil temps that I have on hand would be hubby's meat thermometer and I have no idea what the temp range is on that and I can only imagine the shit fit he would throw if he were to find out I was using it to check soil temps lol, especially considering how pissy he gets about my rinsing dirt off my hands in the sink (nevermind the fact that his hair is more than likely the cause of the clog, not the dirt from my fingers :face:). Maybe I'll go disassemble it now and leave him a nice little dead mouse sized glob of long dark hairs to prove my point :rofl: like I said, prickly.
@Suki813 Be careful. Be very careful. You don't know how they test those things!
31188.jpg

*cough cough* Totally my fault. I'll spare y'all the pics (sorry @Fermented_Fruitz, I had to show *someone* lol) but yeah suffice to say it was ALL dirt and definitely not a 10" log of matted black hair hanging from the bottom of the little drainstopper thingy lol. All of 10 minutes to disassemble/clean/reassemble the pipes and solve a problem he's been bitching about/blaming on me for *weeks*.

Anyhow, back to my regularly scheduled updates.

*cough cough* Totally my fault. I'll spare y'all the pics (sorry @Fermented_Fruitz, I had to show *someone* lol) but yeah suffice to say it was ALL dirt and definitely not a 10" log of matted black hair hanging from the bottom of the little drainstopper thingy lol. All of 10 minutes to disassemble/clean/reassemble the pipes and solve a problem he's been bitching about/blaming on me for *weeks*.

Anyhow, back to my regularly scheduled updates.
If I remember correctly I think I read that LABS can be used to unstop drains! Has tons of uses besides for plants! :thumbsup:

That or I smoke so much I’m now hallucinating stuff! Guess that could be an option!:eyebrows::smokeit:

Back