New Grower SPZ's Mephisto Triple Automatic Redux

SPZ

All Systems Grow
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Northern Cheese Haze
Hi again, and welcome to my second grow journal. First off let me get some definitions out of the way:

Triple Automatic: a grow using autocobs with autopots and automatic flowers.
Redux: brought back; revived.​

My first attempt to grow Sour Livers did not go so well--you can real all about it here. I've corrected the deficiencies as best I understand them, reset the grow room, and cracked a pack of Northern Cheese Haze for my next attempt. I'm hoping for more success but I know there are still a lot of mistakes I can make, so I'm taking the RDWHABT (Relax, Don't Worry! Have A Big Toke!) approach and just trying to learn everything I can.

Full breakdown of this grow:

Strain

Mephisto Genetics Northern Cheese Haze

Grow Area

4'x4'x6' Grow Tent
6" Exhaust Fan and Carbon Filter

Lighting
6 X AutoCob 55W (Citizen clu-048-1812)

Pots
4x15L Autopots

Medium
Botanicare Premium CocoGro

Nutrients
Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect Sensi Grow/Boom
Advanced Nutrients Hobbyist Grower Bundle
Voodoo Juice
Big Bud
B 52
Overdrive​
Grotek Pro-Silicate
General Hydroponics CALiMAGic
General Hydroponics pH Down

We're about a week into this grow. I planted my germinated seeds on July 22 and they had all fully sprouted by July 24 which I'm calling day 1. Here are some pictures to catch you up:

Day -1

I dunked the seeds in a glass of water from Thursday night until Friday afternoon. I then folded them into a moist paper towel and placed them in a zip lock bag under a grow light for 24 hours. I propped them in upright so the roots would grow straight down. Here are the results. You can see the tiny hairs on the roots if you zoom in:
IMG_20170722_123255154.jpg

I've filled up the autopots with the premium buffered coco and watered them with a solution of 1.5 liters water, 2ml/l Voodoo Juice and 1ml/l CalMag, ph'd to 5.8. I planted the fifth seed which I plan to move outdoors in a solo cup.
IMG_20170722_130239214.jpg

Day 7:

Here they are two days after their first feeding. I followed the scheduled above exactly and ph'd my feed to 5.9 for good measure. I am happy to report that they are all thriving and do not appear to be affected at all by the problems I had with my last grow.

NCH I
IMG_20170730_182758918.jpg

NCH II
IMG_20170730_182804549.jpg

NCH III
IMG_20170730_182810681.jpg

NCH IV
IMG_20170730_182814457.jpg

The fifth element
IMG_20170730_182817658.jpg

The girls look great but they are a still a bit behind my model grow, so I'm trying to dial in the last variables. I've turned on all six lights to keep the heat up, and I'm running them at 30" 20/4. The temps are dialed in around 75 with lights on but I'm strugling to get the humidity up to the 50-70% range. My new basement dehumidifier works a little too well! I've tried hanging wet rags, putting out pans of water, and spraying the walls of the tent with water. These help but only marginally, so I'll be looking at a cheap humidifier in town tomorrow.

Back