Grow Room Spanglish´s 1L Air-Pot Grows

Fine looking girl! So what's next? I know you've been thinking about it. And probably changed your mind a couple of times since ya started lol

Thanks Ducky she is small but am more than happy with how she ended up after stunting early on. Am about 99% sure i wont be running another small pot on the next grow as hand watering twice a day starts to get a bit tedious after a while, wanted to run some photo fems that i got from a local breeder but watching the way temps are running lights out i think that is going to have to go on hold till next Spring as 12hrs lights off is just going to be to cold, so as it stands looks to be either a single SODK x Alien or Triangle Kush in a bigger sized pot.

Due to the limited space in my grow box i cant quite fit 2 full sized plants in per grow, but by using a small 1L Air-Pot i can run a second plant in my space alongside my main grow. I tried this for the first time round last grow with a second Sour Crack alongside another being grown in a standard 11L pot and was pretty happy with the results yielding just over 1/2oz from the small pot, so have decided to use all of my space and to get a bit more bud each grow i will run a plant in a small 1L pot alongside each bigger plant that i will document here instead of opening a new thread each time.

So first up is going to be Barney´s Farm Sweet Tooth Auto in the 1L pot with Bio Bizz Light Mix soil with added perlite and MycoPlant Michorizza. Bio Bizz Grow/Bloom/Root Juice/AlgAMic, Green Planet ProCal (CalMg), GO Bio Bud for nutes. Lighting is 20/4 with 7-10 hours direct sun and 10-13 hours under 150w dual spectrum CFL with 2 x 30w 5500k LED bulbs for side lighting.

Seed went in paper towels to germ at 19.00 today and the pot was watered to runoff with Root Juice @ 1ml/L, so now time to play the waiting game and pot her up once she cracks.

View attachment 458217 View attachment 458218 View attachment 458219

Those barneys Sweet Tooth Autos, I have 5 that have yet to be opened finally got the full stats on the THC wise they are 16% with a really high CBD count... I cant wait to try one here soon. Cheers!

Those barneys Sweet Tooth Autos, I have 5 that have yet to be opened finally got the full stats on the THC wise they are 16% with a really high CBD count... I cant wait to try one here soon. Cheers!

I would say those stats look about right, she was not what i would call a recreational smoke but showed medicinal promise, a very warm body based stone that numbed all the joints my body making my forget completely about my muscle based shoulder pains for a good couple of hours.

Sweet Tooth Completed

Ok thats that then, 5 days hanging the cola and 3 days the rest and everything is dried and in a jar with a Boveda 62, will be burped daily until RH is steady in the 62%-65 range, then 1-2 times weekly there on for the first month of cure.

Total dry weight ended up at 11g so a little under my target, the lowers just did not develop that great and about 50% of the total came from the cola and another 40% from two of the lower branches, the light was just not getting past the leaves to the rest of them, but still happy enough with what i got from what at the end of the day was just an experiment, what is there should hopefully be a nice smoke has a pretty nice trich coverage and was a sticky girl to trim :)

View attachment 476729 View attachment 476730 View attachment 476731 View attachment 476732 View attachment 476734 View attachment 476735 View attachment 476736
How much does a plant this size stink during gel? Looking to start micro grow of my
Own

How much does a plant this size stink during gel? Looking to start micro grow of my
Own

Sweet Tooth was not that stinky a girl, but the Sour Crack and Deep Blue C i run in 1L pots seemed even more stinky and frosty than that same strains when i did them in bigger pots.

Hola @Spanglish !

I've just been reading this thread again, it's really useful for me.

I've just started seven plants, 3 photos in 1L and 4 autos in 2L pots,
all under a small 100 W COB, going micro style. (Journal here.)
My big question is how tall they're going to get,
and whether I should top them or not.
And then trying to get an idea of yield per plant.

If you have the time, I'd really appreciate your thoughts.

Hola @Spanglish !

I've just been reading this thread again, it's really useful for me.

I've just started seven plants, 3 photos in 1L and 4 autos in 2L pots,
all under a small 100 W COB, going micro style. (Journal here.)
My big question is how tall they're going to get,
and whether I should top them or not.
And then trying to get an idea of yield per plant.

If you have the time, I'd really appreciate your thoughts.

Hi Maria good seeing ya and hope all is going well ;)

Good to hear you managed to find some kind of useful amongst my ramblings.

Having never attempting to run photos full term in a 1L i can't really offer more than speculation and food for thought. I would think they would continue to get bigger the longer you veg them till they fill the pot with roots and start to tap out and get sick once what is in the pot is not enough to supply them, so with that would say as short as possible veg would be best to keep the plant at a size that can kept healthy, remember though this is just speculation and might want to tag in some photo gurus to give a more solid opinion than i can offer.

As for topping i am wary of it with autos in small pots after the funky stunting that happened on my Alien X SODK, as the veg time with autos seems to shortened even more in a smaller pot it doesn't quite seem to give them enough time to bounce back from anything to brutal. With photos they should be more forgiving and could chop, crop and top them into shape before flipping over to 12/12 and have them bounce back before flower with a good sized/shaped plant for the pot.

As for yield with autos always seems to be between 10g-15g per plant for me in the past, but reckon an oz could be easily possible with the right strain and a green thumb, just as 1g-5g could also with to much of a feck up.

Peace mate and will check out the journal a bit later when i get a spare moment :pass:

Hi Maria good seeing ya and hope all is going well ;)

Good to hear you managed to find some kind of useful amongst my ramblings.

Having never attempting to run photos full term in a 1L i can't really offer more than speculation and food for thought. I would think they would continue to get bigger the longer you veg them till they fill the pot with roots and start to tap out and get sick once what is in the pot is not enough to supply them, so with that would say as short as possible veg would be best to keep the plant at a size that can kept healthy, remember though this is just speculation and might want to tag in some photo gurus to give a more solid opinion than i can offer.

As for topping i am wary of it with autos in small pots after the funky stunting that happened on my Alien X SODK, as the veg time with autos seems to shortened even more in a smaller pot it doesn't quite seem to give them enough time to bounce back from anything to brutal. With photos they should be more forgiving and could chop, crop and top them into shape before flipping over to 12/12 and have them bounce back before flower with a good sized/shaped plant for the pot.

As for yield with autos always seems to be between 10g-15g per plant for me in the past, but reckon an oz could be easily possible with the right strain and a green thumb, just as 1g-5g could also with to much of a feck up.

Peace mate and will check out the journal a bit later when i get a spare moment :pass:

Thank you! That's all valuable thoughts for me.
My autos are 2L semi-air-pots, so a bit bigger than yours.
Think I'll keep things un-topped for now.
And only if they get too tall / out of control, will I top / fim / crop.

Thank yoU!

Back