Grow Room Spanglish´s 1L Air-Pot Grows

Spanglish

Certified Rambler
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
White Crack and Alien Vs Triangle
Due to the limited space in my grow box i cant quite fit 2 full sized plants in per grow, but by using a small 1L Air-Pot i can run a second plant in my space alongside my main grow. I tried this for the first time round last grow with a second Sour Crack alongside another being grown in a standard 11L pot and was pretty happy with the results yielding just over 1/2oz from the small pot, so have decided to use all of my space and to get a bit more bud each grow i will run a plant in a small 1L pot alongside each bigger plant that i will document here instead of opening a new thread each time.

So first up is going to be Barney´s Farm Sweet Tooth Auto in the 1L pot with Bio Bizz Light Mix soil with added perlite and MycoPlant Michorizza. Bio Bizz Grow/Bloom/Root Juice/AlgAMic, Green Planet ProCal (CalMg), GO Bio Bud for nutes. Lighting is 20/4 with 7-10 hours direct sun and 10-13 hours under 150w dual spectrum CFL with 2 x 30w 5500k LED bulbs for side lighting.

Seed went in paper towels to germ at 19.00 today and the pot was watered to runoff with Root Juice @ 1ml/L, so now time to play the waiting game and pot her up once she cracks.

2015-06-11 18.47.23.jpg
2015-06-11 18.55.02.jpg
2015-06-11 19.00.41.jpg

Last edited:
Hi spanglish. I've got the same pots and can't decide what to grow in them. You've inspired me! I'm subbed!

I was suprised with what i managed to pull from the last attempt and that was using a fake Chinese pot which was half the height and twice the width of the Super Roots pots. I am thinking fat cola Indicas should be the way to go in them as you can keep them squat and still get nice yields from a nice chunky main cola, as opposed to a stretchy Sativa that relys alot more on size when it comes to yields.

The bean cracked last night and was showing a small tap root this morning, would usually wait for the root to be a bit bigger but the Deep Blue C in the bigger pot cracked the same time last night and had a tap root 3-4 times longer than the Sweet Tooth this morning so ended up potting the two up at the same time.

Next update will be day 1, once she is up and opened the first set of leaves.

2015-06-13 11.43.49.jpg
2015-06-13 11.53.54.jpg

1/2 oz?! That's amazing!

I'm wrapping up my probably last grow with the 1-liter air-pots. Watering them is just horrible and the plants always start getting sick after 3 weeks. I guess they aren't for everyone.

Good luck to you! I'll be watching...

1/2 oz?! That's amazing!

I'm wrapping up my probably last grow with the 1-liter air-pots. Watering them is just horrible and the plants always start getting sick after 3 weeks. I guess they aren't for everyone.

Good luck to you! I'll be watching...

Yeah noticed that watering/feeding was a bit of a chore, going from once every couple of days to to twice a day over the last couple of weeks, did not come across any real deficiencies on the past grow except a little yellowing near the end so maybe i was just lucky on strain selection or the michorizza is helping the roots get every last bit of nutes/water out of the soil in the times of drought/starvation. Is the idea behind this thread really to see what strains and methods if any will allow a half decent yield in these tiny lil pots.

Thanks for the luck bro, for sure will need it ;)

Yeah noticed that watering/feeding was a bit of a chore, going from once every couple of days to to twice a day over the last couple of weeks, did not come across any real deficiencies on the past grow except a little yellowing near the end so maybe i was just lucky on strain selection or the michorizza is helping the roots get every last bit of nutes/water out of the soil in the times of drought/starvation. Is the idea behind this thread really to see what strains and methods if any will allow a half decent yield in these tiny lil pots.

Thanks for the luck bro, for sure will need it ;)

Can I ask you how often/strong doses you feed?

Once my plants first started showing N def no amount of grow nutes could really even control the situation and leaves started dropping soon after. Calcium and magnesium didn't help either. I waited until the pots were light and every few feeds I would just give them plain water.

Fed every feed from about day 10 if my mind serves me correct, every couple of days to start, up to once a day and finshed the last couple of weeks twice a day, never once did i go with plain water that was using Bio Bizz and extra CalMg. Have got the full feed details in the Sour Crack journal in my signature if you wanna check it out.

Maybe i just got lucky, will have to wait and see what kind of defs she throws at me this time round.

Day 1 (Sweet Tooth)

She broke soil yesterday morning, had to remove the shell as was stuck but came off nice and smooth and without damage, she did not fully open till some time last night so will count day one proper starting this morning.

Just misting as needed for the time being, but after only 2 days under the lights germing the seedling the pot is starting to feel light already, so will most probably be giving a light watering tomorrow.

2015-06-16 12.07.36.jpg
2015-06-16 12.07.09.jpg

Back