I really dont like Bat Mix... Looks like its a little too hot for them mate and its causing lock out..... How much water have you flushed through them now????...

None since my last post on day 14, now day 16, I wanted to see if I could get a bit more info on my water PH, ordered the PH and EC meter today.
Manage to get some RO water from a mate but only 1.5L thinking of putting some Alg-a-mic and mix it all with tap water?? I use to flush with 1.2/1.5 the amount of the size of the pot is this a good way?
DP-BAM1Day16.jpg
DP-BAM2Day16.jpg
waterqualityreportsour.b.jpgwater quality report (seems to be a fair bit of CAL/MAG already in there, got some from a mate anyway Humboldt Equilibrium with like 12% of calcium and 2% mag and iron

Mate i gave my opinion in the Infirmary.....:thumbs:

:check:Thanks a lot Red.:Sharing One:

On my first grow I used Batmix and it was a bit of a disaster,even there royal mix is to hot for autos,best to go with the light mix next time.

Mate i gave my opinion in the Infirmary.....:thumbs:

Flush seems to have done good, too early to be sure but leaves are up.. :check:
Will update on this when I see some changes..
Thanks again bro!
Smilies%20Smoking%20a%20Weed.gif

On my first grow I used Batmix and it was a bit of a disaster,even there royal mix is to hot for autos,best to go with the light mix next time.

Thanks for stopping by Mr TaNg :thumbs:
Yep I should of just followed your lead there mate!
It did look good on the paper for a first grow in auto, not much was needed for the first 6 weeks etc... I thought I would lay back and watch.. I was wrong! ha
Lesson learned, definitly going for the light mix next time..
:smoke:

Update time, even tho not much as happened since I flushed 5days ago.:no:
The growth on both of my girls is real slow, the first burnt leaves are getting fully dry now and the second set is getting some more too, new growth are of a really pale green...
DP-BAM1Day21.jpg#1
DP-BAM2Day21.jpg#2
DP-BAMDay21.jpg

On the plus side my EC and PH meter have arrived:dance2: so I got to see what my tap water is really about..
Results are PH 7.8 and EC at 0.6..

Being time for a watering I decided to flush them again with PHed water this time and see if I get a better result.
I used distilled vinegar with 5L Tapwater bottle, found the perfect amount of vinegar to get a PH of 6.5...
I did 3x5L again in both pots and mesured the runoffs : comes out at PH7 and EC 0.8 ...

From what I understood the PH is too high still but I guess I ve been watering with 7.8 for a while so it will take a bit to get it buffed at 6.5, 6.6...
On the other end EC seems low, which in a way is good.. Lockout should be gone now..
I will leave them alone for now and listen to what they say...

Depending on the outcome I will get couple beans of the Auto white widow out or even retry some BAM (in light mix:smoke:), as even if they re-up again they wont go full potential and will probably be able to fit 4 pots in there...
"You win some, you loose some.."
"AFN smoke out"

Ye Plagron bat mix is very hot, it lasts for 3 weeks or a month unlike the usual two weeks of most soils.

So your growbox is nearly 3 feet high, 15L pots sounds huge for that space, well not sounds - it is !

And 1.5L of water is a lot for seedlings, for the first week they should just be kept moist, i just spray mine but your light will put out more heat than mine and your pots are larger.

But i grow in 3L pots so maybe it just sounds like a lot to me.

Your girls certainly won't need any nutes yet, i'd wait a month from start because the stuff is already burning them.

As you said you don't need to worry about Ph coz that's good quality organic compost so buffers it.

I don't know how much you know about autos but there's a great lifecycle article here :

https://www.autoflower.org/f44/life-cycle-auto-flowering-cannabis-5113.html

Really nice setup by the way :)

All the best,

steely

Ye Plagron bat mix is very hot, it lasts for 3 weeks or a month unlike the usual two weeks of most soils.

So your growbox is nearly 3 feet high, 15L pots sounds huge for that space, well not sounds - it is !

And 1.5L of water is a lot for seedlings, for the first week they should just be kept moist, i just spray mine but your light will put out more heat than mine and your pots are larger.

But i grow in 3L pots so maybe it just sounds like a lot to me.

Your girls certainly won't need any nutes yet, i'd wait a month from start because the stuff is already burning them.

As you said you don't need to worry about Ph coz that's good quality organic compost so buffers it.

I don't know how much you know about autos but there's a great lifecycle article here :

https://www.autoflower.org/f44/life-cycle-auto-flowering-cannabis-5113.html

Really nice setup by the way :)

All the best,

steely

Hey Steely thanks for stopping by, haha my cab is 1.80m high so about 5'9foot, I get your surprise with "15L pots.." haha:crying:
DP-BAMDay5.jpg

It looks like this so could probably fit 2 flowering plants and 1 maybe 2 young plants in there..

I agree 1.5L was probably too much but wanted the bottom of the pot to get wet so the root would go down nicely
Ye Ive seen the Auto lifecycle tread a good read, and I am new to Autos but learning everyday, AFN became a really special place for me.:gthumb:
The Ec is actually at 0,2 which is pretty low but i will leave them recover for a bit before doing anything..

They actually put on nearly half an inch over night so I might be on the right path...

Thanks matey
:tiphat:
:Sharing One:

Back