DIY Soundproof material

Hi again guys..I bought 2 pc fans to replace the noisy ones. I noticed that the ones I purchased come with 3 pin whereas the factory ones are 2 pinned. Did someone find an adapter. I searched ebay but could not find.

Hi again guys..I bought 2 pc fans to replace the noisy ones. I noticed that the ones I purchased come with 3 pin whereas the factory ones are 2 pinned. Did someone find an adapter. I searched ebay but could not find.
The Pc fans come with a sensor lead that is what the third wire is for. You can simply disregard and solder the two leads onto the existing pigtail from the old fans if you like. Goggle can get you on the road.

If you have the room is is a good idea to build a spacer of a couple of inches from your tent to the insulation. This will allow the sound from the tent to be diffused across a greater portion of the outer board and give better results. Also, if you can find some rock wool panels it is excellent sound deadener. I used a good bit of it to tame my basement theater. Turns out 20ft3 subwoofers have some nasty nulls.

Problem solved guys!!...I bought a pair of Coolink Swif2 12p pc fans. They are REALLY quiet!! It's like there are no fans at all and with 1200Rpm there is enough air circulaton to keep the diodes from overheating ...no need for insulation material. As they come with 3 pin connector I just soldered the wires (black and red) to the 2 pin connector.And that's it!! Easy Peasy :)

I might buy another Led Grow Light to have a pair during the flowering stage and do the same thing with the fans if the factory ones are also noisy.

Outstanding! There are some great PC case fans out there and its good to know that was all it took to resolve the problem. Cheap and Easy. Just like me. :biggrin:

Back